Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Where are the ads?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-05, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are the ads?

Normally we have Circuit City/Target/Best Buy all listed by Wednesday afternoon, sometimes as early as Tuesday. Anyone have these yet?
Old 12-08-05, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TSD threw a fit and will no longer post them, either here or at CAG.

Don't know where speedy is, he must be busy
Old 12-08-05, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is TSD the only person 'around' that had access to them? Honestly, who cares if the mod edited one of his posts...he needs to get over it, and post the ads. Childish.
Old 12-08-05, 12:36 PM

speedy, if I remember correctly, usually had the BB ads.

TSD seems to be very easily upset and will take one comment and decide to 'punish' everyone. After getting upset here someone upset him over at CAG and he said he will no longer post ads there either.

I came up with Target, but I don't think it's complete.
Old 12-08-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaTimster
TSD seems to be very easily upset and will take one comment and decide to 'punish' everyone. After getting upset here someone upset him over at CAG and he said he will no longer post ads there either.
That's kinda sad. Oh well, Wednesday, Friday, no big deal.

Besides, saying he is "punishing" people gives him the satisfaction of his actions. I thank him for the prices before, but as said, can live having to wait a few more days.
Old 12-08-05, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

2 new releases:

BEST BUY
The 40 Year Old Virgin: $16.99
The Island: $16.99
Airplane: $12.99
The Bad News Bears: $19.99

CIRCUIT CITY
The 40 Year Old Virgin: $13.99
The Island: $17.99
Airplane: Don't Call Me Shirley Edition $12.99
The Bad News Bears: $17.99

That $3 off coupon for The Island drops it down to what it should have been in the first place.

Last edited by Mr. Cinema; 12-08-05 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-08-05, 01:57 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

anybody know the price for miami vice.
Old 12-08-05, 01:58 PM

Such a big week for me with Virgin, Island, Simpsons, Sin City, etc., so I'm definitely watching for the best deals this week. $20 in BB Rewards Certificates are coming in though plus the $3 off for The Island, so that covers a bit. Guess there isn't much hope Sin City will fall under 25. :-\

+Danny
Old 12-08-05, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by abrg923
Is TSD the only person 'around' that had access to them? Honestly, who cares if the mod edited one of his posts...he needs to get over it, and post the ads. Childish.
you do realize that it's pretty time-consuming to post the ads.

Plus, when you get ungreatful members only criticizing your posts rather than thanking you, it makes you not want to do it anymore.

I used to posts ads when I got them early and stopped because of ungreatful members (I no longer get the ads early so this is no longer an issue).
Old 12-08-05, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Dabaomb
you do realize that it's pretty time-consuming to post the ads.
Sure, if you wanna make it pretty. Otherwise, not really.

BTW....where is everyone finding the $3 coupon for the Island?
Old 12-08-05, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was wondering the samething. Now I know why I havent seen em. Ive also never seen anyone complain to a poster doing us a favor by posting them early; what did/were people saying?

According to a post, ONE person told TSD something and he got pissy? What a wussy.
Old 12-08-05, 02:14 PM

Was it about the amateur, immature, obvious jokes in renaming some of the DVD titles? I wasn't a fan of those, but it was nice to see the ads early. Creativity and originality would have been a little more amusing.

My $3 off coupon was in War of the Worlds (2005), which I got $3 off of after buying Madagascar. I also heard there was a $3 off coupon for The Island and maybe other titles including WotW in a People Magazine issue recently.

+Danny
Old 12-08-05, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Ravenous
I was wondering the samething. Now I know why I havent seen em. Ive also never seen anyone complain to a poster doing us a favor by posting them early; what did/were people saying?

According to a post, ONE person told TSD something and he got pissy? What a wussy.
no it's cuz ppl never stop asking for more.

Can I have the CD Prices? Video games? plasma tvs? blenders? etc.

It's TIME-CONSUMING. It's taken me over an hour before.

Just wait till you do it, then you can see how long it takes.
Old 12-08-05, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue588

It's in the War Of The Worlds dvd and a recent issue of People magazine (may have been regional only though)
Old 12-08-05, 02:27 PM

It actually was a comment about his re-naming of a title or two - that made him quit here. Over at CAG, one person took a shot at him and he went off again, saying he had TRU, BB and Target for this week but was now not going to post them, because one comment was made.

If one person is going to ruin it for everyone, methinks the OP has a thin skin. You can't let one person get to you or you're going to have problems outside of message boards.

And I can understand not wanting to post cd/video game prices, but it's really pretty simple.

Just say 'sorry', but no.

No big deal.
Old 12-08-05, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dabaomb
no it's cuz ppl never stop asking for more.

Can I have the CD Prices? Video games? plasma tvs? blenders? etc.

It's TIME-CONSUMING. It's taken me over an hour before.

Just wait till you do it, then you can see how long it takes.
You gonna keep whining or are you gonna post the goddamn ads?

Old 12-08-05, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If someone made a negative comment to him in real life, would he faint?
Old 12-08-05, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If he's not posting them here, it's my fault ..back on Black Friday he had changed "Mr and Mrs Smith" to something else, and when he had posted it, we weren't allowing the ads, so I had moved it from the Bargains forum. I moved it back when we allowed the ads (a few hours later) and changed what he had originally to the proper name for the movie ...I am sorry, but if he's not posting them here because of that, then that's pretty lame..A lot of people appreciate greately what he does, and if he's really that pissed off because I changed Mr & Mrs Smith, then so be it ..
Old 12-08-05, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by alfredog1976
It's in the War Of The Worlds dvd and a recent issue of People magazine (may have been regional only though)
Ah. Thanks. Gonna haveta open my DVD now...

It actually was a comment about his re-naming of a title or two - that made him quit here. Over at CAG, one person took a shot at him and he went off again, saying he had TRU, BB and Target for this week but was now not going to post them, because one comment was made.

If one person is going to ruin it for everyone, methinks the OP has a thin skin. You can't let one person get to you or you're going to have problems outside of message boards.

And I can understand not wanting to post cd/video game prices, but it's really pretty simple.

Just say 'sorry', but no.

No big deal.
Exactly.

You want a thread that requires THICK skin? Try posting the "What DVDs Are You Getting..." thread. Man, the way some people bitch in there if THEIR personal selections aren't listed on the poll, you'd think I visited their house and kicked their Moms in the nads.

BTW...whatever happened to the abrasive, abusive poster that would do the ads? He'd start off with "Here's the prices douchebags" [or something like that...i'm paraphrasing].

hey Pilot, think we could give my sig another go?
Old 12-08-05, 02:39 PM

Cool, so we can all hate the Admin

Seriously though, I love seeing the ads early - but I can pick up a paper on Sunday too. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
Old 12-08-05, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Seriously though, I love seeing the ads early - but I can pick up a paper on Sunday too. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
Exactly. I like having the ads early so that I plan out where all I need to go on Tuesday, but I can do that just as easily on Sunday by looking at the ads online. It's not a super-huge deal to me, but I do enjoy seeing the ads early.

If I had some way to have early access to the physical ads, I would definately post them, no problem. I don't see how it can take *that* long to just do the 2 pages of dvds or whatever. If someone asks about cd prices or video game prices, just state that this is the dvd bargains forum, and to move on.
Old 12-08-05, 03:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I don't see how it can take *that* long to just do the 2 pages of dvds or whatever. If someone asks about cd prices or video game prices, just state that this is the dvd bargains forum, and to move on.
I can't answer for the others, but I know in my case, I try to head off as many questions as possible.

So, for example, if Stepford Wives is on sale, I take the time to look up the fact that it is Stepford Wives (1975): Silver Anniversary Edition versus Stepford Wives (2004): Widescreen Special Edition or Fullscreen Special Edition or the 1975 non-Anniversary...

These things take time. If you only had the Best Buy ad to do...it might take 15-20 minutes. But if you start doing CC and Target and K-mart, etc... then you start reaching the 60 minute range. In my case, the Fry's ads take me 30-90 minutes per day...the Fridays sometimes take me 2 hours. Not to mention going back and updating whenever a website is down.

But then again, I don't take it out on everyone else when one person asks a stupid question.
Old 12-08-05, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588

I have an extra coupon if anybody needs one. Just email me with your address and I'll send it out asap.
Old 12-08-05, 03:25 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nonametofame
I have an extra coupon if anybody needs one. Just email me with your address and I'll send it out asap.
Check your e-mail! *fingers crossed*
Old 12-08-05, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't know what it is, but people who post ads seem to have real thin skin. Someone always says something, usually innocent, and they take it as a grand insult and stop posting. Seems to happen all the time with internet posters, be it DVD ads or what have you. Never understood that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.