DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Nip/Tuck - Sal Perri 12/6/2005

DVD Josh
12-06-05, 12:56 PM
A jet bound from Miami to New York crashes after take off - and Julia's mother Erika may be on board. Sean, Christain, Julia and Liz struggle to save the lives of surviving passengers

Doesn't sound like the Carver will be making an appearance this week (if he does, it will probably be the very end of the episode).

BTW - a MAJOR SPOILER below for two weeks:

Kimber escapes / is released by the Carver and Christain and Sean attempt to see her and have to force their way into her room

I don't know if the fact he / she is under guard has any special significance (it probably does).

DVD Josh
12-06-05, 01:41 PM
One more thing - from the FX website, it looks like Episodes 14 and 15 are playing back to back on the same night. Two hour finale!

riley_dude
12-06-05, 01:51 PM
One more thing - from the FX website, it looks like Episodes 14 and 15 are playing back to back on the same night. Two hour finale!
And what day is that??

DVD Josh
12-06-05, 02:53 PM
And what day is that??

December 20.

RobCA
12-06-05, 05:14 PM
December 20. Woohoo, a week earlier than expected! :banana:

Rob

DVD Josh
12-06-05, 09:56 PM
Dear lord.

sikegrad
12-06-05, 10:05 PM
not sure if this is old, but did anyone else see the myspace.com/thecarver commercial?

Sonicflood
12-06-05, 10:09 PM
Oh, shit! I wonder if julia's mom is really alive or was it just a hallucination of Julia's?

I personally think it's Julia's guilt showing up!

You think Julia and Sean are back together now?

Great episode! Cool plug for the Myspace (http://www.myspace.com/thecarver) account of the Carver!!! That will be fun to monitor! Kinda creepy though.

Sonic

Sonicflood
12-06-05, 10:14 PM
not sure if this is old, but did anyone else see the myspace.com/thecarver commercial?

I just saw that tonight for the first time. I've not seen it previously, so I guess tonight was the "premiere" for it.

Kinda strange that they (myspace) allowed it to be condoned, especially due to the recent myspace account of the guy who murdered his girlfriends parents!

Maybe they are planning to introduce a new murderspace.com site!

Sonic

Jimmy James
12-06-05, 10:25 PM
That (the myspace page) is really way too creepy.

*shudder*

The big question on my mind is whether or not the Icarus reference was a red herring. Is the carver somebody's father or mother?

Ranger
12-06-05, 11:09 PM
From myspace: "The Carver has 18913 friends." :lol: Is that for real?

As for this episode. Kind of disappointing in comparsion to last week's episode, but it was still a great episode. So can Quentin still be the villain now?

Patman
12-06-05, 11:09 PM
Well, that was a pretty tense episode (though if you watch E.R., most of the grueling stuff is kinda routine). At least Julia got a feature episode out of it. The best part was no Matt.

As far as Julia's mom:

I never thought she was the one lying on the table as Julia poured out her heart and came face to face with such an unloving relationship between her and her mom.

They even got in a "skinner/skin her" reference with Mitch Pileggi as the hardnose triage doc.

MrX
12-06-05, 11:17 PM
A filler episode, but still a good one.

I agree about no Matt:up:

Ranger
12-06-05, 11:31 PM
I never thought she was the one lying on the table as Julia poured out her heart and came face to face with such an unloving relationship between her and her mom.
I thought Julia was going to stab the body with a wooden stake just as it jumped and hissed at her like in the horror movies.

Rogue588
12-06-05, 11:36 PM
From myspace: "The Carver has 18913 friends." :lol: Is that for real?Television "According to Jim"

Well. That explains everything.

mikewendt
12-07-05, 12:30 AM
The myspace account's been open for a little over a week. The first ad I saw was last week on a Shield rerun... It's not a huge suprise to see it, pretty much every show around is represented on there in some way... And I'm sure myspace either paid for the ad or getting a nice kick back from the show...

It's kind of a cool little idea...

DVD Josh
12-07-05, 07:05 AM
I really do think that Erika is dead. Her vision was simply her saying to Julia that she forgave her for putting her on an earlier flight. I guess we'll find out soon enough. But damn, that vampire awakening was freaky shit.

And don't get me started about the Carver myspace stuff. Seriously, that is one freaky dude. They should make a movie about him.

Cusm
12-07-05, 08:32 AM
They even got in a "skinner/skin her" reference with Mitch Pileggi as the hardnose triage doc.

That was great, I was wondering how many people missed that.

sikegrad
12-07-05, 08:37 AM
I really do think that Erika is dead. Her vision was simply her saying to Julia that she forgave her for putting her on an earlier flight.

I was thinking the same thing too. This show is notorious for using dream sequences to keep us on our toes, and ending the episode with this last scene just creates some good buzz as the show is coming to an end. The way I see it, if Erika was actually alive Matt would have tried to contact either Julia, Sean, or Christian to tell them that grandma is okay. Even if the phones were dead, he could have just gone to the school to relay the message. I'm looking forward to seeing if Julia's character starts to change after this episode.

Groucho
12-07-05, 08:59 AM
Terrible episode. What was this, an old E.R. script?

riley_dude
12-07-05, 11:28 AM

I got a blog message from the carver this morning. He must have so much time on his/her hands.

dadaluholla
12-07-05, 12:57 PM
I thought this ep was pretty good stuff! A few weeks ago, I was starting doubt if I would buy this season when it came out on dvd but I definitely will now. The few Anne Heche episodes really brought things down. Hopefully it's smooth (yet shocking and disturbing) sailing from here on out!

I'm off to myspace to be friends with the Carver.

Ranger
12-07-05, 02:27 PM
If all that was a dream, then she didn't kick out Quentin or have the deep talk with Sean?

DVD Josh
12-07-05, 03:02 PM
If all that was a dream, then she didn't kick out Quentin or have the deep talk with Sean?

EVERYTHING happened, except for her mother being there.

Ranger
12-07-05, 03:54 PM
As in she DID pour out her heart to a body that wasn't Erica's, but Erica showing up at the end didn't happen at all?

I don't know, kind of stretching it.

But that part could be cleared up if at the start of the next episode like Julia wakes up and Sean is next to her and she tells him that she had a bad dream that Erica was alive then Sean comforts her by saying something like, don't worry, she's dead.

DVD Josh
12-07-05, 04:12 PM
As in she DID pour out her heart to a body that wasn't Erica's, but Erica showing up at the end didn't happen at all?

I don't know, kind of stretching it.

But that part could be cleared up if at the start of the next episode like Julia wakes up and Sean is next to her and she tells him that she had a bad dream that Erica was alive then Sean comforts her by saying something like, don't worry, she's dead.

No, I think everything happened as it appeared up to her being in Julia's apt. (that was a vision).

Red Dog
12-07-05, 06:06 PM
Great ending.

ChristopherS
12-07-05, 06:23 PM
I think Julia's mother is 100% alive. That's the kicker. Julia finally felt free having her mother gone, grew a backbone and fired Quinten, only to go home and find her still alive. Not to mention Julia had just suffocated who she thought was her! (was this clearly a mercy thing or did Julia kill her?) The listing for the episode on my cable tv read "Julia's mom is thought to be on a plane that crases" which sounds to me like it's not certain, yet for the whole episode Julia didn't think for one second that maybe her mom didn't listen to her and take the early flight. Who's going to go through the trouble of changing a flight by a few hours just because your daughter is pissed off? I think the normal reaction should have been "I hope she didn't take the earlier flight", not "her plane crashed." Which leads me to believe the whole episode was set up to convince the viewers and Julia she was dead leading to the suprise ending.

riley_dude
12-07-05, 07:46 PM
If you go to TVguide.com and there "Watercooler" section they are lead to believe, though still a bit confused, that she is alive.

boogieman03
12-07-05, 08:42 PM
I think Julia's mother is 100% alive. That's the kicker. Julia finally felt free having her mother gone, grew a backbone and fired Quinten, only to go home and find her still alive. Not to mention Julia had just suffocated who she thought was her! (was this clearly a mercy thing or did Julia kill her?)

I agree. This option is more dramatic.

slop101
12-07-05, 09:37 PM
I agree.

This was easily the worst episode of N/T ever.

A forced and hammy script with some of most cliched lines and situations I've ever seen on TV, network or otherwise.

TheNightFlier
12-07-05, 10:08 PM
I was pretty underwhelmed with this one as well. And after seeing the next week previews with all the Christmas music, it appears to be another filler episode. I want to see more of the Kimber/Carver stuff. Don't really care about Julia's issues with her mother. I guess they're going to tie everything up in the extra long season finale?

movielib
12-07-05, 11:46 PM
This is serious Groucho, right?

Personally, I thought this was the worst Nip/Tuck episode ever. Was it two hours because it sure seemed like it.

Shamefully cloying Emmy bait (especially for Joely) and entirely unworthy of this fine show.

dadaluholla
12-08-05, 07:28 AM
I think Julia's mom is alive too.

DVD Josh
12-08-05, 10:12 AM
If you go to TVguide.com and there "Watercooler" section they are lead to believe, though still a bit confused, that she is alive.

That's just some guy spouting off. He has no inside knowledge, just what he sees on screen. ANY self-respecting Nip/Tuck fan had better know that over and over again, we've seen what happens on screen may actually not be happening.

Groucho
12-08-05, 10:13 AM
Of course she's still alive, folks. I can't believe this is even being debated.

MolemanHns
12-08-05, 10:36 AM
I'm beginning to think that the carver is...
Alec Baldwin's character. I believe he was mentioned as a guest star this season, and so far he hasn't appeared at all.

Jimmy James
12-08-05, 10:42 AM
Alec Baldwin's character. I believe he was mentioned as a guest star this season, and so far he hasn't appeared at all.

If it isn't ********Quenti**************, that is who I think it is. After all, he would have reason to believe that beauty is a curse on the world.

DVD Josh
12-08-05, 11:02 AM

Out of nowhere? There's just not a basis.

DVD Josh
12-08-05, 11:05 AM
Of course she's still alive, folks. I can't believe this is even being debated.

Care to make a friendly wager? Donation to charity?

Groucho
12-08-05, 11:19 AM
Care to make a friendly wager? Donation to charity?Sure.

While the show is ripe with fantasy sequences, there has never been an occasion where:

1. The fantasy wasn't obvious from the beginning (such as Kimber's appearence in this week's episode)

2. The fantasy wasn't explained away within the same episode (such as the "assassin" in Sean's house a couple episodes back).

riley_dude
12-08-05, 11:19 AM
They have also said that they would go back to Matt and the hit and run storline and never have.

DVD Josh
12-08-05, 11:28 AM
Sure.

While the show is ripe with fantasy sequences, there has never been an occasion where:

1. The fantasy wasn't obvious from the beginning (such as Kimber's appearence in this week's episode)

2. The fantasy wasn't explained away within the same episode (such as the "assassin" in Sean's house a couple episodes back).

If you are agreeable my friend, $25 to the North Shore Animal League, who is attempting to reunite lost pets with their owners (still working hard in New Orleans). Sounds like a good cause to me.

You make excellent points, but the episode ended very abruptly, so I'm not sure if there was time for a #2. It seemed much like #1 to me - fantasy from the beginning. And wouldn't she tried to have contacted Julia when she was sitting around for hours?

DVD Josh
12-08-05, 11:29 AM
They have also said that they would go back to Matt and the hit and run storline and never have.

See, now it's too bad Matt's friend Harry is in prison, because HE'D make a GREAT Carver.

Groucho
12-08-05, 11:31 AM
If you are agreeable my friend, $25 to the North Shore Animal League, who is attempting to reunite lost pets with their owners (still working hard in New Orleans). Sounds like a good cause to me.Sounds good to me!

Jimmy James
12-08-05, 11:37 AM
See, now it's too bad Matt's friend Harry is in prison, because HE'D make a GREAT Carver.

Cara Fitzgerald would also make a very interesting Carver -- she's a person who would have first hand knowledge to form an opinion like beauty is a curse on the world.

Meatpants
12-08-05, 11:51 AM
Julia's mom is alive. Did anyone really think she was dead, after Christian said "Well we have no DNA, dental, or other concrete proof, but it sure looks like her!"?

sailor_moon
12-08-05, 11:55 AM
Julia's mom is alive. Did anyone really think she was dead, after Christian said "Well we have no DNA, dental, or other concrete proof, but it sure looks like her!"?

Well, he did actually identify a diamond-shaped birthmark on her inner thigh.

DVD Josh
12-08-05, 01:21 PM
Sounds good to me!

Cool! However, knowing Nip/Tuck, we probably won't find out for sure until Episode 7 of Season 5. :)

DVD Josh
12-08-05, 01:21 PM

Christain never forgets a pussy. Cat.

rkndkn
12-08-05, 01:28 PM
You make excellent points, but the episode ended very abruptly, so I'm not sure if there was time for a #2. It seemed much like #1 to me - fantasy from the beginning. And wouldn't she tried to have contacted Julia when she was sitting around for hours?

Julia did say her cell phone batteries were dead, though.

I do think Erica's alive. . .Julia is going to be tormented by the fact she killed someone because of her resentment toward her mother and that no one will ever realize it was murder. (I frankly thought it was just a "death gasp" until it went on too long.)

DVD Josh
12-08-05, 03:06 PM
Julia did say her cell phone batteries were dead, though.

I do think Erica's alive. . .Julia is going to be tormented by the fact she killed someone because of her resentment toward her mother and that no one will ever realize it was murder. (I frankly thought it was just a "death gasp" until it went on too long.)

She said her cell phone batteries died "hours ago". She was at the triage over 24 hours I think.

ChristopherS
12-08-05, 06:50 PM

Besides someone mentioning Julia's cell phone being dead, the mother didn't seem too concerned about the situation, maybe having no idea to think Julia was looking for her (just like Julia was dumb enough to be 100% sure her mother took the earlier flight). Or, if you want to add more to the characters than the writers sometimes bother to do, maybe she was letting Julia sweat it out after their fight.

ChristopherS
12-08-05, 06:53 PM
She said her cell phone batteries died "hours ago". She was at the triage over 24 hours I think.

I didn't catch the cell phone mention, but to me that screams of the writers wanting you to know she doesn't have contact with outside information (Matt, her mother).