Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Circuit City In Store Pick-up 24 minute Guarantee

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-05, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a compliment to CC for receiving a $24 gift card for not having my DVD's ready in 24 minutes or less, ended up being free. Ordered on Black Friday.
Old 12-06-05, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mrsnickers
Just a compliment to CC for receiving a $24 gift card for not having my DVD's ready in 24 minutes or less, ended up being free. Ordered on Black Friday.
Umm, Circuit City doesn't allow in store pickup of DVDs, unless you are buying blank media, and Black Friday is excluded from that offer.

Details: 24 Minute Pickup Guarantee applies from timestamp on order confirmation email until the time order is ready for customer pickup. Guarantee excludes customer wait time in store lines. Offer valid on orders placed at circuitcity.com or by phone during pickup store's normal operating hours up to 30 minutes prior to closing. Guarantee not valid the day after Thanksgiving, 12/26 or 12/27. $25 minimum purchase. One $24 gift card offered per qualifying in-store pickup ticket, which must be claimed at time of pickup and is good for future purchases.
Old 12-06-05, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't mean to threadcrap but something bugs me about instore pickup.

I don't understand in store pickup. If you have to drive to the store to get the item why not just buy it there? How much time does it really save you?
Old 12-06-05, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i guess the theory is that the customer service or pick up line is shorter than the check out line, or that you have already bought something and won't walk out empty handed. With electronics a lot of people may buy it online to bypass waiting for a sales person to ring you up.
Old 12-06-05, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mopower

I don't understand in store pickup. If you have to drive to the store to get the item why not just buy it there? How much time does it really save you?
Well, not including those who are rushing to pick up the product within 24 minutes, in some cases it would help you get a product that might not be in stock if you try and visit later on in the day.

Plus, if you happen to be browsing their webpage looking for something in particular, you might as well, right? Better then thinking "Wow, that looks neat! I'll run to the store now and see if I can get it"
Old 12-06-05, 10:44 PM
Retired

I use it occasionally. Mainly just for something that's a hot item that I'm afraid will sell out.

Can also be nice for catalog DVDs as their a bitch to find in Circuit City with their crap ass organizing. I usually just go to Best Buy where I can find things easier though.
Old 12-07-05, 01:41 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Well, not including those who are rushing to pick up the product within 24 minutes, in some cases it would help you get a product that might not be in stock if you try and visit later on in the day.

Plus, if you happen to be browsing their webpage looking for something in particular, you might as well, right? Better then thinking "Wow, that looks neat! I'll run to the store now and see if I can get it"
In addition, some click-through websites would get you 2% cash back for shopping at circuitcity.com
Old 12-07-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
I use it occasionally. Mainly just for something that's a hot item that I'm afraid will sell out.
Yep
Old 12-07-05, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
We ordered using in-store pickup...at the store in the kiosk once...to pick it up ten minutes later, ten feet away.
I think the price on the website was cheaper than the price in the store, and there was a freebie from either place. We used the kiosk to research and read reviews, and just placed the order there. It was easier than finding someone to help us, and do a PM at the checkout.
Old 12-07-05, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I used it at CC once to get the XBOX 360 Market place points...glad I did, because the price went up about 30 mins later. It was a misprice, which they fully honored.
Old 12-07-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mopower

I get "web only sale" emails from CC all the time. Also, in general, I find that more items are cheaper at the website at all times than in the store.

Usually what I'm getting is $25 and shipping isn't an option, mind you, but when I needed to grab something for my wife for a trip she was taking, we needed it that day.

Also, in that case, the item was a "behind glass case" item, so dealing with the CS counter is better than finding someone with a key.
Old 12-07-05, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by NitroJMS
Umm, Circuit City doesn't allow in store pickup of DVDs, unless you are buying blank media, and Black Friday is excluded from that offer.