Search this Thread

Old 12-02-05, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odyssey 5 is coming!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4614
Old 12-02-05, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like an interesting concept, but given that it lasted only 20 episodes (unlike the ideal 5 seasons it probably needed), I would imagine it did not have a fulfilling ending.
Old 12-02-05, 05:13 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Sweeeet.
Old 12-02-05, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Dave
Sounds like an interesting concept, but given that it lasted only 20 episodes (unlike the ideal 5 seasons it probably needed), I would imagine it did not have a fulfilling ending.
I watched -- and really like -- this on Showtime, but you're right. The lack of an ending is a big downer to the viewer. This was really built on the 5-year plan, but the network pulled the rug out before they could even do a pre-mature wrap-up. I remember watching the pilot without knowing the set-up. I wasn't impressed at first -- the astronauts all seemed like cliches: the rugged leader, the boy wonder, the playboy, etc. Then the earth blew up (not a spoiler, since its mentioned in every plot/series description) and I was ! And I kept watching until it disappeared.
Old 12-02-05, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This was a great great show..unfortunate that Showtime canned it but it had alot of potential...
Old 12-03-05, 02:48 AM

Nice. What a great show this was. Never had the chance to succeed. Can't wait to get this.
Old 12-03-05, 09:03 AM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

I'm jazzed because I never got to see the last few episodes that only aired in HD or some such after Showtime canned the show. And I agree, the pilot "movie" pretty much stank. It's once they're sent back that the X-File-y fun starts. Peter Weller's Taggart is a gem.
Old 12-03-05, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by G. Noel Gross
I'm jazzed because I never got to see the last few episodes that only aired in HD or some such after Showtime canned the show. And I agree, the pilot "movie" pretty much stank. It's once they're sent back that the X-File-y fun starts. Peter Weller's Taggart is a gem.
They aired the rest over in the UK after it was canceled. (not sure about the USA though)..
Old 12-03-05, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
I loved this show...I thought several of the episode plots weren't so good but I loved the actors and character interaction...wish it had lasted longer but I'm definitely going to be all over this release...

Gives me a lot more hope that Showtime will release jeremiah season 2...I thought for sure it would come out before they'd ever let Odyssey 5 out..so this is definitely great news!

Michael
Old 12-03-05, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I originally watched this because of Christopher , but stopped somewhere in the middle... Glad this is coming out, I've wondered what happend in the last episodes...
Old 12-04-05, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by fiver
Gives me a lot more hope that Showtime will release jeremiah season 2...I thought for sure it would come out before they'd ever let Odyssey 5 out..so this is definitely great news!
This was/is an MGM show, not Showtime. Unfortunately I don't think the first season of Jeremiah sold very well, and I haven't heard of any plans to release season 2.

Gord