Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Any way to exclude non-Amazon sellers from Amazon.com listings?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-02-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm tired of going to things like a "40-60% off sale" at Amazon only to see that the item I click on is offered from a third party vendor, and therefore the ON SALE THIS WEEK!!! $3.99 Vote For Pedro t-shirt has $4.99 shipping (thanks, Amazon Prime!)...
Old 12-02-05, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If there is that would be fantastic. When I'm shopping at Amazon I'm interested in buying from Amazon. That's one of the most frustrating things about their site.
Old 12-02-05, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts
Yeah, I agree.

I also hate that "Amazon Sellers" thing.

It makes the whole site seem like some kind of big sleazy flea market. It's really makes Amazon's whole site kind of low-rent.
Old 12-03-05, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Yeah, I agree.

I also hate that "Amazon Sellers" thing.

It makes the whole site seem like some kind of big sleazy flea market. It's really makes Amazon's whole site kind of low-rent.
I totally disagree. Third party sellers give Amazon a whole other dimension. I'm not saying that just because my stores are big into third party selling at Amazon.

Not to mention that it is a huge source of revenue for Amazon, without which they may have gone under because of how much money they were losing.
Old 12-05-05, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Youre All Nuts!!

IF thats what you want, you are nuts. The price would be through the roof. While I dont always like the 3rd party memebrs, 99% are effceint and you will be support a small man'pa company that struggles to saty in business. if there were no 3rd party sellers, the retail and online prices would be much higher. Marketplace rules, and saves a ton of money if you buy from a seller w/ 95% posetive feedback.
Old 12-05-05, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by WallyOPD
If there is that would be fantastic. When I'm shopping at Amazon I'm interested in buying from Amazon. That's one of the most frustrating things about their site.
I agree. When I'm looking to buy new I want to buy from Amazon. It is completely frustrating to find something you want only to discover it doesn't qualify for free shipping... Amazon needs to do a better job of separating their own items from third party stores.

On the other hand, I like Amazon sellers for used items and frequently check them for used books.
Old 12-09-05, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by amd555
IF thats what you want, you are nuts.
Well then, call me .

They need to allow me to use their promotional coupons on any item they sell, not just ones they list, if they are going to make it that hard to find appropriate products. Sucks to try and use an offer they are pimping to me and keep finding third party (target, macy's, marketplace) stuff.

I don't even need it to not come up in my search window. Just give me an icon, or anything, that shows me that it is a true amazon.com product so I can use a coupon or my prime without having to click through to the item and get disappointed.

It's hard enough to find prices of the items half the time.

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 12-09-05 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-09-05, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by amd555
IF thats what you want, you are nuts. The price would be through the roof. While I dont always like the 3rd party memebrs, 99% are effceint and you will be support a small man'pa company that struggles to saty in business. if there were no 3rd party sellers, the retail and online prices would be much higher. Marketplace rules, and saves a ton of money if you buy from a seller w/ 95% posetive feedback.
If you sell on Amazon here, raise your hand. AMD, we are looking in your general direction.

I've had great experiences with marketplace sellers. However, why not make that a separate part of the site? I agree, I feel like more stuff sold on Amazon is third party than isn't.
Old 12-09-05, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
If you sell on Amazon here, raise your hand. AMD, we are looking in your general direction.

I've had great experiences with marketplace sellers. However, why not make that a separate part of the site? I agree, I feel like more stuff sold on Amazon is third party than isn't.
you got some points. They should have the amazon icons by items instead of you having to click on them. but otherwise, amazon rules. I dont know if I could live w/o them or ebay.

Byu the way, half.com is also great for used cd and dvds and such. Often cheaper than amazon.

send a petition to amazon, see if they'll listen
Old 12-12-05, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is it possible that Amazon "listened", unless I am just misusing or misunderstanding the website.

For example, in jewelry:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html...1?node=3367581

Along the left is a "Shop Sellers & Designers:", where I can choose only Amazon.com.

I can do the same in Apparel:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html...8&node=1036592
Along the left is "Shop Direct from Amazon.com: Items with FREE Super Saver Shipping".

It doesn't seem to be everywhere. For example, I can't find it in the Kitchen section...

Is this new?
Old 12-12-05, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
I list my stuff on both Half.com and Amazon. Amazon charges more commission, but I think I got more for the items I have sold.
I disagree that you're necessarily helping the 'ma n pa' when buying from Marketplace. Depending on the item you're looking at, I'd say there's maybe a 2 to 1 chance any seller you choose is going to be a 'business' of some sort. It's the same on Half and Ebay now too.
Anyway, I agree, I would like a way to search 'only Amazon' or 'every seller'.
Old 12-12-05, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
I agree it is an annoyance when I am anticipating free shipping on my order, only to discover it does not qualify. However, I am EXTREMELY grateful that Amazon offers an alternative to Ebay when shopping for hard-to-find or OOP items.
Old 12-12-05, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by rennervision
I agree it is an annoyance when I am anticipating free shipping on my order, only to discover it does not qualify. However, I am EXTREMELY grateful that Amazon offers an alternative to Ebay when shopping for hard-to-find or OOP items.
I don't mind that they offer items from other sellers, I just want a way to exclude those items when I'm only interested in buying from Amazon.