Reload this Page >

The Apprentice - 12\1

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Apprentice - 12\1

Old 12-01-05, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Apprentice - 12\1

Did I miss something? The whole episode Alla was helpful.. the other chick blew it was trying to fill both roles, etc... .. in the boardroom, Ala barely said anything... yet she was called out as being loud and hard to work with.
Old 12-01-05, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the only chance either one of them had was to win the task. Once they hit the boardroom it was predetermined that they both would go.
Old 12-01-05, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
My hometown hottie is a finalist!!

But her boyfriend is a tool!!
Old 12-01-05, 10:15 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
Did I miss something? The whole episode Alla was helpful.. the other chick blew it was trying to fill both roles, etc... .. in the boardroom, Ala barely said anything... yet she was called out as being loud and hard to work with.
I think you missed a lot of the ep if that is what you saw. Alla was helpful in the fact that, as usual, she wanted things done her way, and ONLY her way. She does not agree with other people's opinions or ideas, and has consisently shown that. She is a very strong competitor, with solid skills and assets, but she does come across as hard to manage, and as someone who always wants to be in charge and in the limelight. She IS loud, and always talks over others. I dont think Felicia is a stronger player, but I think that they lost this task because of Alla personally. It WAS her idea to add all the words and terms, even though she tried to deny it in the boardroom, and it WAS her deciding to take tons of clips and footage (so they had extra to work with, as she said), which made the clip run long (2 1/2 min vs. the 1 min they were assigned), which then led to changing the direction of the clip and going with faster slides and more words.
Old 12-01-05, 10:17 PM

I loved seeing Alma sat down---had no idea she was getting the boot too. She's poison.

Last edited by zebop; 12-01-05 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-02-05, 12:17 AM

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Wasn't Alla/Alma the apprentice candidate who early in the season there was a news story about her being a former stripper who was being stalked and ended up caught up in a murder investigation or something? It made it sound like she had some Russian mafia connections in Vegas.

Does anyone remember this story?

If it was her, I suspect that her shady history had a bit more to do with her getting the boot.

It really makes no sense for the goodlooking gimp girl to still even be in at this point. She's coasted on Randal's coattails most of the season and stayed below the radar for the rest. I think the only reason she is still there is because Trump is obviously a sucker for a pretty face and if she could assume a vaguely Eastern European accent Trump would marry her.

Good to see a black dude is finally gonna end up winning this thing after so many black chick candidates have come off as nutjobs on this show, but this season has definitely been boring! They need to do more than move this show to LA to pump some life into things.
Old 12-02-05, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bluesix
Wasn't Alla/Alma the apprentice candidate who early in the season there was a news story about her being a former stripper who was being stalked and ended up caught up in a murder investigation or something? It made it sound like she had some Russian mafia connections in Vegas.

Does anyone remember this story?

If it was her, I suspect that her shady history had a bit more to do with her getting the boot.
Yes. That was her. However, there were no Russian mafia connections in Vegas. It just involved a "client" of her's being a fucking wackjob who murdered his wife and wanted Alla. And I knew because of her past that she wasn't going to make it to the final two. If she wasn't eliminated tonight, she was going to be eliminated during the interview process which they don't have this season as the final two have already been selected with Trump's mass firings this season.
Old 12-02-05, 12:46 AM

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
wow, so it WAS her.

I see you're in Vegas, do you know where she was stripping? It wasn't Cheetahs was it? Im assuming this was 5 to 10 years earlier when she must have been in her prime. Not that she's bad looking now, but I can't see her working any of the big name places and you can tell from her attitude she would have settled for nothing less.

Did you ever happen to see her while she was stripping? I can't imagine what her kind of drive would bring to a strip performance. Alla would have beat Nomi Malone's ass into the ground!
Old 12-02-05, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

wow, so it WAS her.

I see you're in Vegas, do you know where she was stripping? It wasn't Cheetahs was it? Im assuming this was 5 to 10 years earlier when she must have been in her prime. Not that she's bad looking now, but I can't see her working any of the big name places and you can tell from her attitude she would have settled for nothing less.

Did you ever happen to see her while she was stripping? I can't imagine what her kind of drive would bring to a strip performance. Alla would have beat Nomi Malone's ass into the ground!
Ahem.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0912051alla1.html

Not only that, it was a "big" news story on the local NBC station when The Apprentice debuted this season. That link above pretty much explains the entire story.

And sadly, I did not see her strip, as I would've been only ten at the time of said incident (I believe it took place in 1995).
Old 12-02-05, 07:47 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
It really makes no sense for the goodlooking gimp girl to still even be in at this point. She's coasted on Randal's coattails most of the season and stayed below the radar for the rest. I think the only reason she is still there is because Trump is obviously a sucker for a pretty face and if she could assume a vaguely Eastern European accent Trump would marry her.
I disagree. Randall is clearly the best candidate of the season, but Rebecca has demonstrated herself to be very smart and capable. I was particularly impressed by the way she navigated the Toril issue earlier this season -- first convincing Trump not to fire Toril and then distancing herself from Toril, all without getting fired herself. In fact, based on the preview of the finale, I predict:
Spoiler:
that Trump hires both Randall and Rebecca. I know that if I were Trump and I found two candidates who I thought could succeed, I would hire both.
Old 12-02-05, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
JasonF--I think you're right on about that prediction. Based on the previews, that's what I think will happen, too. And rightly so.
Old 12-02-05, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think after this season, I will be done with this show. Trump is just indiscriminately firing multiple people in the same episode to try to add buzz to the show.

I loved the losing team's video- what was that, about 8 sentences on the screen for 3 seconds?
Old 12-02-05, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I loved the losing team's video- what was that, about 8 sentences on the screen for 3 seconds?
Old 12-02-05, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got to this from "Tivo." Laughed when Alla/Alma tried to manipulate what's her name into backing out of her statement that Alla came up with the frantic text-based design. She KNEW it was her idea, but figured the 'nice girl" might back down if she got all chummy and said "nooo...you can't be like that.. gosssshhh.." Glad ta see it didn't work, but crying in the boardroom was a big mistake as well.

So...with so many mass firings, the season must be shorter, right? Was this for ratings possibly? NBC wanted to speed it up a bit? I mean...it was completed I assume before they knew Martha's show was failing. I dunno...

And for those who skip/edit commercials, the actual MS LiveMtg ad was included after the judging. Very open feeling, which I liked. Both of the teams had claustrophobic spots that seemed cluttered. But of course, I didn't expect them to match MS's ad staff.
Old 12-02-05, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
On second thought, I think my cutie's boyfriend is Napoleon Dynamite...
Old 12-02-05, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
When did Trump get all Michael Corleone?
This final two is a tough one - I'm rooting for both. I think it'll come down to a teammate blowing a task to determine the winner.
Old 12-02-05, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
On second thought, I think my cutie's boyfriend is Napoleon Dynamite...
She can't be serious about him? But if so, that's always the way. Great looking girl/Moron for a boyfriend.

Last edited by zebop; 12-02-05 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-02-05, 04:46 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is it just me or did Rebecca not seem very excited when Napoleon Dynamutt showed up? It seemed like an "Oh... hey" type reaction.
Old 12-02-05, 05:33 PM

I was thinking the same thing on her reaction to him showing up. Even when they were talking, it looked like two high school kids sitting on a bench on a first date just real akward like she didn't want america thinking she was seeing someone.