Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

More Music Replacements in TV DVDs- 21 Jump Street s3 and 4

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-05, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
More Music Replacements in TV DVDs- 21 Jump Street s3 and 4

well, it happened again, more music replacement. I've been watching through s3 and 4 of 21 Jump Street and I fond a few music replacements that really change the feel of the episodes.

In s3, Episode "High High", almost all the songs in the original episode are gone- they used (IIRC) "broadway" in the opening sequence, and liberally used the Rolling Stones' "Monkey Man"- both are replaced with generic music.

As well, in s4, the Episode "God is a Bullet" had the song of the same name by Concrete Blonde in the opening sequence- it's now replaced by (I think) a song by Boogie Down Productions.

The only reason I know those 2 definitely is that those are 2 of my favorite episodes- I'm sure that there must be more replaced in the sets, but I can't spot them as easily.

What angers me more is that there is no mention of the replaced songs on the packaging- it does say that the DVDs have many "advanced features" that may not be compatible with all players, but I have no clue what any of those features are, since the discs are simply full-frame with no extras...

I'm sure these replacements are simply an issue of money, but they should be telling us...

-jason