Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Bought Sky High At BB - Got No Movie Ticket !

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-05, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought Sky High at Best Buy only because they claim to exclusively have a free ticket to Narnia inside the dvd.

I opened it up when I got home and there wasn't a ticket inside.

Anyone else buy Sky High at BB and didn't get a ticket ?
Old 11-29-05, 09:44 PM

Anyone know if the ticket is exclusively for kids? I think I saw that the price was for $6.50 or less, so maybe it can be used for matinees too. I don't think I have any theatre around that has that price or less, but I'll have to check student discounts. Definitely return that and try to figure out what the problem was. I'll unwrap mine to make sure before I leave, so thanks for the heads up.

+Danny
Old 11-29-05, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts
I'm looking for the same answer. The standee at my BB mentions the ticket ("details inside"), but there's no mention on the package. That concerns me, and I'm reluctant to unwrap the disc, since the ticket is what ort of makes the deal for me. Mind you, its a fun picture, but I'd rather wait for a price drop if there's no ticket.
Old 11-29-05, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe it's a mail in rebate?
Old 11-29-05, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mifuneral
Maybe it's a mail in rebate?
There's nothing inside except for the chapter listing and the dvd.
Old 11-29-05, 10:06 PM

Sometimes they only have a number of DVDs with the free tickets inside and they're marked with a sticker, but I'd assume all the copies should have had one today. It's usually not until the next week or something when I have to look for copies of titles specifically with a limited special inside. Hmm. :-\

+Danny
Old 11-29-05, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by +Danny
Anyone know if the ticket is exclusively for kids? I think I saw that the price was for $6.50 or less, so maybe it can be used for matinees too. I don't think I have any theatre around that has that price or less, but I'll have to check student discounts. Definitely return that and try to figure out what the problem was. I'll unwrap mine to make sure before I leave, so thanks for the heads up.

+Danny
I am returning it tomorrow.
Old 11-29-05, 10:08 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it is anything like what BB did with 'The Fog - remastered', then the discs with the tickets inside will have a sticker explicitly saying there is a ticket inside. With The Fog, it was while supplies last. Most of the copies at my local BestBuy of them did not have the ticket sticker (I'd say 10% of them -- at most -- had a sticker indicating a ticket was inside).
Old 11-29-05, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by +Danny
Sometimes they only have a number of DVDs with the free tickets inside and they're marked with a sticker, but I'd assume all the copies should have had one today. It's usually not until the next week or something when I have to look for copies of titles specifically with a limited special inside. Hmm. :-\

+Danny
Their display and ad didn't say anything about only specially marked dvds.
I aslo checked about 7 or 8 of them looking for somekind of sticker but none of them had it.
Old 11-29-05, 10:09 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Struz
Their display and ad didn't say anything about only specially marked dvds.
Yeah, it is a crock of shit. They did the same thing with 'The Fog'. To call the signs misleading would be a huge under-exaggeration.
Old 11-29-05, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can anyone post a scan of BB ad from sunday's paper ?

I don't remember seeing anything about only certain dvd's having the movie ticket. The ad made it sound like all the dvd's had them.
Old 11-29-05, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts
The in store display doesn't mention specially marked packages and says that a ticket is included. I went early in the afternoon and thumbed through what was in the display and none of the dvds had a special tag.
Old 11-29-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just the weekly ad on BB website. It says:
Exclusive ! Free movie cash in-pack, to see Chronicles of Narnia *

*In theaters 12/9, when you buy Sky High DVD or PSP
Old 11-29-05, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau online over The Fog SE without ticket incident. They settled my claim & sent me a $10 giftcard for my trouble. I bought mine online since I don't have a local BB but many folks who bought it said the store took the ticket value off of the price of the dvd & they got it for next to nothing. I'd ask a manager about handling it that way & if they don't resolve it to your satisfaction get his name & have your order number handy & file with bbb.org. It is quick, painless & they DO listen & act on legitimate complaints.
Old 11-29-05, 11:08 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 11-29-05, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, I considered picking this up mainly because of the ticket, but I'm very glad I didn't. I'm sorry for your misfortune, but thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-29-05, 11:13 PM

Yeah, those didn't even need to be marked or anything. It's right there in the ad and doesn't say anything about a limited number of copies or anything.

+Danny
Old 11-30-05, 12:43 AM

I got my ticket. It was in the box and is good for up to $6.50 on an adult/child Matinee only. Only a few were marked with a sticker that said Free movie ticket inside...Best Buy. Most had a different sticker and probably didn't include the ticket. I've been burned before on Best buy exclusives so I tend to make sure the thing they are advertising is labeled on the package or I ask a salesperson to find out. If I recall right, maybe 1/4 of the big display had stickers and you really had to look.

Sorry you got burned.
Old 11-30-05, 07:03 AM

I bought the Sky High at BB for the ticket--and it WAS in the box!

I thought that the extra $2 or $3 more compared to other vendors was worth it since the ticket itself was worth $6.50.

A question for those who didn't find the ticket--couldn't you go back to BB and demand another copy with a ticket in the box and have the cashier open it to make sure it's in there?
Old 11-30-05, 07:14 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I recall buying a DVD a few months ago that was supposed to have a free ticket. Same deal with that one, you had to get one with the special sticker. Can't remember the title, but a lot of people were burned there too. After that, I always look for a sticker before I buy for these types of promotions.
Old 11-30-05, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dvdirv
I bought the Sky High at BB for the ticket--and it WAS in the box!

I thought that the extra $2 or $3 more compared to other vendors was worth it since the ticket itself was worth $6.50.

A question for those who didn't find the ticket--couldn't you go back to BB and demand another copy with a ticket in the box and have the cashier open it to make sure it's in there?
That's what I'm doing today at lunch.
Old 11-30-05, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fuzzybear
I got my ticket. It was in the box and is good for up to $6.50 on an adult/child Matinee only. Only a few were marked with a sticker that said Free movie ticket inside...Best Buy. Most had a different sticker and probably didn't include the ticket. I've been burned before on Best buy exclusives so I tend to make sure the thing they are advertising is labeled on the package or I ask a salesperson to find out. If I recall right, maybe 1/4 of the big display had stickers and you really had to look.

Sorry you got burned.
I checked a lot of them looking for a special sticker and didn't see one.
I intend on exchanging it for one with a ticket otherwise they can deduct $6.50 from the price.
Old 11-30-05, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by eau
Thanks eau !
Old 11-30-05, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Got my ticket. All the copies at my BB had the little sticker on the case.
Old 11-30-05, 09:21 AM

In the past from my experience best Buy labels there exclusive promos with a sticker. It definitely sucks if you are not aware but they have been doing this method for some time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.