Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Trouble with Amazon?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Trouble with Amazon?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-05, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trouble with Amazon?

I have been hearing about people having problems with amazon such as orders never shipping or saying there shipped before they actulley ship. Now i just ordered a ton of dvd xmas presents from them and would be royaly pissed if i dont get my order. Have you guys had any problems with them?
Old 11-27-05, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I've ordered from them a few times and never had any issues.
Old 11-27-05, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
I've placed dozens of orders at amazon.com, amazon.ca, and amazon.co.uk and only had 1 problem. amazon.ca sent me a disc that was obviously used (fingerprints and scratches). I e-mailed them and they immediately sent out another one, along with a return mailer for the used one.

Actually, I suspect someone else ordered it, and razored the seal, copied it, and then returned it. Two of the 3 seals were just neatly sliced when I received it, so it was possible to remove the disc.
Old 11-27-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The only problem I'm having with Amazon stems from the fact that they still haven't shipped the King Kong boxset that I pre-ordered months ago.
Old 11-28-05, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've never had problems, until a couple weeks ago. Now it seems the past three orders have been some of the worst online ordering experiences I've ever had. I will never place more than one order with them at a time anymore, as trying to straighten out three is pain enough!

Though the past few years have been okay!
Old 11-28-05, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
The only problem I'm having with Amazon stems from the fact that they still haven't shipped the King Kong boxset that I pre-ordered months ago.
Me too. I wonder if there's a connection. I have other things in my order, but they all show available and it was supposed to ship by today. I sent Amazon a note and I'm awaiting a response.
Old 11-28-05, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
I received my King Kong set on release date.
Old 11-28-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I mentioned it in another thread on here but I placed two orders (one on the 20th and one on the 22nd) using the Prime 2 day shipping. They both arrived when they should have (23rd and the 25th) but the order I placed on the 20th still is listed as Shipping Soon on their website and the order from the 22nd didn't show up as having shipped until the 25th. So I got my packages on time but they appear to be having trouble with keeping the shipping status updated, at least on my account.
Old 11-28-05, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
This is the only Amazon pre-order I've ever made that didn't arrive on or slightly before the release date.
Old 11-28-05, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I'm still waiting for mine.
Old 11-28-05, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wonder why Amazon isn't shipping these out? They shipped mine unusually early on the 16th out of Newark, Delaware. Most of the time I don't get a shipping notice until the Sunday or Monday before the release date. Also I get most of my orders out of Fernley, Nevada. I pre-ordered on October 7 after seeing a thread in the bargain forum that the price dropped to $20.95 for the box set. The status on Amazon's web site curently says it usually ships within 24 hours.
Old 11-28-05, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
Me too. I wonder if there's a connection. I have other things in my order, but they all show available and it was supposed to ship by today. I sent Amazon a note and I'm awaiting a response.
Got my response. They now say ship by tomorrow, still no shipping soon status, but my shipping speed was upgraded to 2-day from supersaver for no additional charge. Now only if it would actually ship.
Old 11-29-05, 12:09 AM

What is the best Amazon.com customer service e-mail address to use?

I tried using both of the addresses listed in the 'sticky post' above, but neither one worked.

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We're sorry. You've written to an address that cannot accept incoming
e-mail.
Old 11-29-05, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, my issue with them has been resolved, and not at all to my liking. I won't be silly like others have been and say that I'll never shop there again, but I will be much more selective in the future. My faith and trust in them is gone.
Old 11-29-05, 09:33 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
What shipping options are you guys using?

One thing to realize that if you opt for the free "Super Saver" shipping, part of the deal is that they wait several days to ship it. With other shipping options, they ship it right away.

For example, I pre-ordered the King Kong tin, it didn't actually ship until last Friday...three days after release.
Old 11-29-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Speaking of trouble with Amazon, I want to return an item that was sent to me (wrong item, not what was listed) for a refund, but it was on an order with something else. How do I go ahead with that and keep the correct item ordered? When I go through the process, it puts both on the page for returning, and no option of taking the other off (unless I'm missing it). Any ideas?
Old 11-29-05, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by reverie
it puts both on the page for returning, and no option of taking the other off (unless I'm missing it). Any ideas?
You should see fields reading "Quantity to return:". Set it to 1 for the item you're returning. The others will be ignored since they default to 0.
Old 11-29-05, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
What shipping options are you guys using?

One thing to realize that if you opt for the free "Super Saver" shipping, part of the deal is that they wait several days to ship it. With other shipping options, they ship it right away.
This is true, but you'll notice it still should ship by the date they list in their shipping estimate. In other words, when you select the shipping method the ship by day actually shifts based on your selection.
Old 11-29-05, 09:57 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
This is true, but you'll notice it still should ship by the date they list in their shipping estimate. In other words, when you select the shipping method the ship by day actually shifts based on your selection.
Yes, I've noticed this too. But I think people are assuming that just because a product is in stock it'll ship right away, and aren't looking at that date.
Old 11-29-05, 10:00 AM

I've always used the 'Super Saver' shipping with no previous delays.
Old 11-29-05, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You should see fields reading "Quantity to return:". Set it to 1 for the item you're returning. The others will be ignored since they default to 0.
I actually did that, thinking it would have an effect on it, but it still shows up. A fluke perhaps?

As far as shipping, I've always used the free shipping, and while a little slower, it's never really been a problem for me.
Old 11-29-05, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I always use free shipping when I pre-order and get most orders on or before the release date.
Old 11-29-05, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got my response. They now say ship by tomorrow, still no shipping soon status, but my shipping speed was upgraded to 2-day from supersaver for no additional charge. Now only if it would actually ship.
Update: It's finally moved into shipping soon for me. Best of luck to the others who are waiting.
Old 11-29-05, 07:20 PM

This is my 2nd order to Amazon. My 1st order, placed several months ago, shipped out in 24 hours and arrived 3 or 4 days later. No problems. I placed an order this afternoon for 5 items. All of them were available, "usually ships in 24 hours" and they are all going to be in one package. I also used Standard shipping not the free service.

The site says that my order won't even be dispatched until the middle of next week! Is this normal for the Christmas rush or is something wrong? Taking a week or more to package the DVDs seems a bit much.

Sue
Old 11-29-05, 11:43 PM
Cool New Member

I've been ordering from them since '98 or '99 and I've never had any problems with them. A few weeks ago I ordered some china from them for my mom. The dishes that were delivered were knock-offs of the authentic china and on top of that they were factory seconds. Some of the prints on the plates were horribly off-center and even had marks on them in wax pencil for them to be thrown out. I emailed them that night and explained my problem and got a response back within a couple hours not even addressing the issue. I emailed them again after that saying that they missed the point and attached the previous email. I didn't get a reply for nearly a week and again they didn't address the issue but they told me to return the china for a refund. I filled out the return form and put the two boxes out for pickup the next day like I was supposed to. UPS only picked up one of the boxes, so that night I called customer service (in India) and the woman said she contacted UPS to pick up the box in 3 business days. That was Monday night. She told me they'd be there on Wednesday. I told her that wasn't 3 business days but she insisted it was Wednesday. I put the box out on Wednesday, no dice. Friday, nope. I called again today and the guy I talked to basically said she lied to me because they can't do what she said she did. So now I have to pay for the shipping on a heavy ass box to return it to them. What are the chances they'll reimburse me for shipping costs? /rant