Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Million Dollar Baby BF deal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-05, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Million Dollar Baby BF deal?

Anybody remember seeing this? I've already been out once this morning and had to stop in at work to finish some stuff up, but I'm gonna go back out again in about an hour. I could have sworn I saw Million Dollar Baby for around $8 somewhere on sale today, but now I can't seem to find any threads about it or locate what other site I might have seen it on. Anybody come across this one or am I just getting daffy and losing my memory as I approach 30? Thanks.
Old 11-25-05, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
$7.99 at Circuit City next week

TSG's Thread on Next Week's Prices
Old 11-25-05, 09:39 AM

got million dollar baby for 9.99 at my local shopko this morning!
Old 11-25-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Could be a YMMV but I noticed a week ago that several Walmarts in my area were dumping those "bonus DVD, book, etc" versions for a flat 9.96

Quite a deal for someone wanting the bonus DVD's for some of them.

I picked up The Aviator bonus DVD, Alexander bonus DVD and Oceans 12 bonus DVD - I returned the factory sealed movies a day later.

There were others but they had T-shirts, books or bonus movies that didn't interest me.

I definitely saw Million Dollar Baby with the bonus book.......
Old 11-25-05, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by laserdogg
Could be a YMMV but I noticed a week ago that several Walmarts in my area were dumping those "bonus DVD, book, etc" versions for a flat 9.96

Quite a deal for someone wanting the bonus DVD's for some of them.

I picked up The Aviator bonus DVD, Alexander bonus DVD and Oceans 12 bonus DVD - I returned the factory sealed movies a day later.

There were others but they had T-shirts, books or bonus movies that didn't interest me.

I definitely saw Million Dollar Baby with the bonus book.......
To add onto this, they also had a DVD double pack at my Wal-Mart. House of Flying Daggers and Jet Li's The One. Considered blind-buying both for $10, but just got done watching Hero and didn't want to be dissapointed.

Oh, and I nearly passed out in astonishment when I saw Million Dollar Baby in WIDESCREEN with the book @ Wal-Mart.
Old 11-25-05, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by laserdogg
How did you buy the 2 packs and then return the factory sealed movies a day later?

Since they are packaged together, don't they have a separate UPC stuck on the back (for the combo pack), so if you returned just the sealed movie inside they would not be able to match up the UPCs on the receipt?

I'd do what you did if I thought this would work, but Walmart lives by the UPC. Every time I've looked I've seen different UPCs for combo packs, so I never tried.
Old 11-25-05, 03:12 PM

He probably returned without a receipt for store crediy, or he had receipts from when he originally purchased non-bonus sets.
Old 11-25-05, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
How did you buy the 2 packs and then return the factory sealed movies a day later?

Since they are packaged together, don't they have a separate UPC stuck on the back (for the combo pack), so if you returned just the sealed movie inside they would not be able to match up the UPCs on the receipt?

I'd do what you did if I thought this would work, but Walmart lives by the UPC. Every time I've looked I've seen different UPCs for combo packs, so I never tried.
I used the exact receipt they were purchased with. All three have a unique UPC sticker which covers the original, movie only UPC. On two of the packs the UPC sticker was under the shrinkwrap that bound both, individually shrinked DVDs. The third had the UPC sticker on the outside but it was easily removed and placed over the Movie's original UPC....exactly the way it was when I bought it....minus a layer of shrink of course.

I was never questioned on where the "other" disc was on any of the returns, they simply scanned the receipt, scanned the disc and gave me my money back.

Hope that made sense.
Old 11-25-05, 03:21 PM

Million Dollar Baby will be 7.99 at CC this coming Sunday.
Old 11-25-05, 03:27 PM

laserdogg, I didn't even think about you changing the UPC stickers. I guess my mind is slow. I suppose as long as it doesn't tear when you do that, it would work.