Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Wal Mart Friday 5 to 11am $3.44 DVDs

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-05, 02:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wal Mart Friday 5 to 11am $3.44 DVDs

Just got the Wal Mart official Black Friday flyer in the mail. The only DVDs shown in the ad are Minority Report, Road To Perdition along with Mooseport and Entrapment. The versions of Mooseport and Entrapment pictured are both Full Screen. Surely they will have several dozen titles to choose from. I plan to hit WAl Mart first thing since they will have the cheapest prices.
Old 11-21-05, 02:49 PM

Well I did state that I got this in the mail. I read the rules regarding posting any Black Friday sales and this is Wal Mart's official flyer.
Old 11-21-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alls fair in love and Walmart!
Old 11-21-05, 03:20 PM

i should not be buying any dvds considering my backlog and the ddd sale, but i shall be picking up a couple. ;]
Old 11-21-05, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Entrapment is worth picking up just for that shot of Catherine Zeta-Jones' ass in the motion sensor scene.
Old 11-21-05, 03:26 PM

i also received a flyer from walmart. DVDs for $8 each (nov. 25th, 5-11am):

kingdom of heaven
robots
bewitched
kicking & screaming
the longest yard
the interpreter

i posted this last saturday but deleted it since i thought i can't post this despite walmart giving away some flyers.
Old 11-21-05, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dick_grayson
Entrapment is worth picking up just for that shot of Catherine Zeta-Jones' ass in the motion sensor scene.
Aahhahahah! AGREED.
Old 11-21-05, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
This might be the one instance where Full Screen is better.
LJ
Old 11-21-05, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by silvernackle

kingdom of heaven
robots
bewitched
kicking & screaming
the longest yard
the interpreter

i posted this last saturday but deleted it since i thought i can't post this despite walmart giving away some flyers.
This is a new flyer?

It's a great deal on Robots and The Longest Yard
Old 11-21-05, 05:46 PM

Just in - WalMart to match prices on Friday. Any item found in a competitor's print ad that is available at WalMart they will pricematch.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051121/...ail_walmart_dc
Old 11-21-05, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by silvernackle

kingdom of heaven
Damnit.
Old 11-21-05, 06:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by conehead433
Just in - WalMart to match prices on Friday. Any item found in a competitor's print ad that is available at WalMart they will pricematch.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051121/...ail_walmart_dc
thats pretty crazy.
Old 11-21-05, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jake77444
thats pretty crazy.
I got them to pricematch in years past , no haggle .
Old 11-21-05, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by kar10
This is a new flyer?

It's a great deal on Robots and The Longest Yard
greeter at walmart's entrance was distributing some flyers last saturday (though, it's only photocopied).
Old 11-21-05, 06:58 PM
Banned

God Bless DDD. Thanks to the internet, I can do 100% of my shopping online, avoiding all of the crap, long lines, rude people, and gas. They would have to have soem ridicolous deals in order for me to come out of my cave.
By deals I mean,

The Chosen Collection- Less than $100 will make me come out.
Matrix Ultimate Collection- Bring it down to around $20 something, and I'll come out.
South Park- Bring these down to around $12.99 each, and I'll come out.

Other than that. Forget it. I prefer the non hazzle of shooping online.
Old 11-21-05, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dalvin
God Bless DDD. Thanks to the internet, I can do 100% of my shopping online, avoiding all of the crap, long lines, rude people, and gas. They would have to have soem ridicolous deals in order for me to come out of my cave.
By deals I mean,

The Chosen Collection- Less than $100 will make me come out.
Matrix Ultimate Collection- Bring it down to around $20 something, and I'll come out.
South Park- Bring these down to around $12.99 each, and I'll come out.

Other than that. Forget it. I prefer the non hazzle of shooping online.
Except when your moron mail carrier puts your stuff in the wrong mailboxes and you never know if your going to even see the items you paid for. This is really ticking me off.
Old 11-21-05, 07:06 PM
Banned

Do you have a house? If not, I can see where this would be a problem.
Old 11-21-05, 07:11 PM

Yeah I have a house, but in arizona all the mailboxes are together for each street and you have keys to open them then they have extra large mailboxes for packages which you need a key to get into also, they put the key in your regular mailbox and the key locks when opened. They end up putting my dvds in the wrong mailbox or the key in the wrong mailbox all the time and my neighbors have to bring over my stuff saying "this was in my mailbox today"......it's really getting aggrivating, i'll complain to the post office but it'll do nothing. Missing a bunch of dvds right now hopefully theyll turn up.
Old 11-21-05, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Does anyone know how the $3.44 DVDs are going to work at Walmart?

For instance, are they going to throw them in those impossible-to-search $5.50 bins and let people fight and knock DVDs all over the floor? When the bin is emptied, will they restock them or do they have very limited quantities?

The reason I ask is that if I go anywhere on Black Friday I'd prefer to wait until the craziness dies down somewhat which is after stores have been open a couple hours (i.e. 9-10am), but if they are going to be cleaned out in the first hour either I need to go early or I shouldn't bother. Since they aren't listing very many cheap DVDs, it's entirely possible there's nothing I want as I already have the ones I want that are listed in the ad.

Jake77444, your mailman sounds a lot like ours. Occasionally I'll find missing packages (sometimes opened) on my front door step, just as we occasionally get other people's packages.

Last edited by Manzana; 11-21-05 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-21-05, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Jake77444, your mailman sounds a lot like ours. Occasionally I'll find missing packages (sometimes opened) on my front door step, just as we occasionally get other people's packages. I wonder if we're neighbors. Which Walmart do you go to?
Ya most of the packages i end up receiving are found at my front door!!! I've came to the conclusion its definiatly my neighbors dropping them off, and this was confirmed earlier when my neighbor came by knocked on the door and actually gave me a package.

Do you live in gilbert, arizona? If so I live in the windrift subdivision.
Old 11-21-05, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do you guys think that the DVD's at $3.44 will be from the $5.50 bargain bin? Or maybe they'll have a special display?
Old 11-21-05, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Jake77444, I don't know that subdivision, so it's probably just the generally poor mail service in the area that everyone experiences. I tried sending you a private message, but you have that disabled. Do you plan on going to one of the Walmarts on BF? I'm close to the one near the 60.
Old 11-21-05, 07:39 PM
Banned

I am UNOFFICALLY staying out of this one for now, and all Black FRiday sales, unless there is soemthing so amazing, that I couldn't pass up(see above).
Old 11-21-05, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The ad I got today says these $3.44 dvds will also be at wal-mart.com, so you'll probably be at least able to see online if there's any titles you want to go risk your life for... instead of paying shipping.
Old 11-21-05, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Jake77444, I don't know that subdivision, so it's probably just the generally poor mail service in the area that everyone experiences. I tried sending you a private message, but you have that disabled. Do you plan on going to one of the Walmarts on BF? I'm close to the one near the 60.
It's off of val vista and elliot, actually its a big circle of a bunch of different subdivisions, it rights by freestone park. I'll probably be going to the walmart on greenfield and baseline(the one your talking about most likely) just got to find out if its open all night or if they're going to close till 5am.

I think the main problem is that gilbert has a lot of relief carriers that only do this once or twice a week to help the main carriers and they end up messing things up because they dont know what their doing. My mailbox also doesn't have a number on it so it probably confuses them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.