er -- "Two Ships" -- 11.17.2005

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-05, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two Ships

Neela (Parminder Nagra) thinks that she is going on a routine ambulance ride-along with Gates, (Guest Star, John Stamos), and soon finds herself in the middle of an emergency, attending to a plane crash site where many are injured and trapped inside a burning building. Meanwhile, the ER opens to trauma victims of the plane crash and Sam (Linda Cardellini) struggles with an executive decision that could cost her her job. Neela's (Parminder Nagra) bravery has won the respect of her co-workers and especially Gates the ambulance driver but, her day is not over when she receives a surprise. Also starring Goran Visnjic, Maura Tierney, Kristen Johnston, Sharif Atkins and Shane West.
Old 11-17-05, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
damn
the nurse manager bitch lives
Old 11-17-05, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Yeah, but at least Gallant's back.

The 5.1 mix was pretty damn good.

Did Stamos die?
Old 11-17-05, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Overall, a good episode.

Neelah is hardcore, it was funny when she was on a real "high" while performing medicine flying by the seat of her pants. How fitting was it that she got to gut the Stamos character (especially after he was playing stupid games with her after learning she had a boyfriend). Nice present Neelah got when she returned home from her tremendous day with the paramedics.

I kept thinking Serena Williams would run back into the burning building to save some rackets and trophies...

Kovach and Abby hem-and-haw back into being friends with benefits.

Ray is still being stalked by his groupie "girlfriend".

Too bad the nurse manager manage to escape harm from the plane crash incident

I found Pratt's case at the end to be sad, but content as well, the best outcomes after the guy suffered all that heart damage in the crash.

The guy who's going to carpe diem after getting a second chance was kinda funny, but done to death for those heavily repressed before their near death experiences.

Where does Clemente get those wonderful toys (the zipper for the woman with the deep laceration)?
Old 11-17-05, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Uncle Leo?

Hellllooooo!

(EDIT:
Spoiler:
Neela and Gallant get married? All I care is that Gallant is back... For at least the next episode. If they were able to bring him back for good, then er might be able to regain some of it's former glory.
)

Last edited by invisiblegt; 11-17-05 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-17-05, 10:53 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was a fantastic episode. Easily one of my all time favorite ER episodes.

Exciting, emotional, and character development all in one.
Old 11-18-05, 12:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Did Stamos die?
How can his character die if they want to give him a full-time contract the second Jake in Progress gets cancelled? Twin brother? Full House crossover?
Old 11-18-05, 12:55 AM
Banned

Why does ER like to put actors' names in the guest credits who don't appear until the very last minute of the show (i.e. Glover, Atkins)? Kinda ruins the surprise, doesn' it?
Old 11-18-05, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
^ I thought the same thing when I saw Atkins name. Ruined the surprise.

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
Uncle Leo?
Thank you. That bugged me the whole episode. I usually have no problem placing faces, but that was driving me crazy last night.

Pratt's heart patient was gut wrenching. Probably the best scene since Ray Liotta's performance.

All that out of the way, I would like to say that I would have to second guess myself if I ever thought about moving to Chicago. A runaway tank, a helicopter crash, a plane crash, all in the span of about 3 years. Not to mention the ER seems to blow up about once every couple of years.
Old 11-18-05, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Originally Posted by Legolas
Why does ER like to put actors' names in the guest credits who don't appear until the very last minute of the show (i.e. Glover, Atkins)? Kinda ruins the surprise, doesn' it?
it got down to the last 5 minutes and I was wondering if he'd really be in the epsiode
he better get brought back permanently
Old 11-18-05, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

couldn't they have tried an artificial heart and put him on the donor waiting list?
sure they aren't perfect yet, but there's one that was designed 20 years ago, and a newer one that is mroe like a real heart that was made in 2001
Old 11-18-05, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
CARTER LEFT?!

I stopped watching it a long time ago for other shows. I don't like the constant changing of the cast. Only Kerry (one of my favorites) Abby, and Luca are left from the time I watched (by looking at the picture of the cast in the first post)
Old 11-18-05, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
All that out of the way, I would like to say that I would have to second guess myself if I ever thought about moving to Chicago. A runaway tank, a helicopter crash, a plane crash, all in the span of about 3 years. Not to mention the ER seems to blow up about once every couple of years.
I keep thinking that too, however, the runaway tank thing seemed reasonable enough to me. If Morris was my physician, I would be pissed too.
Old 11-18-05, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's a SAG thing... they don't have an option.
Old 11-18-05, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

People are actually fans of Gallant? I hope Neela turns him down.
Old 11-18-05, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Are you kidding me? He was the strongest cast member before he left for Hawaii, he was even more interesting than Carter towards the end. The only good guy in the place.
Old 11-18-05, 01:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bboisvert
It's a SAG thing... they don't have an option.
That's not true -- ER left Clooney's name off for his surprise return. 24 left off Bernard, Hopper, Haysbert, etc. for their last minute surprise appearances. Hell, X-Files left Chris Owen's name off the guest credits even though he was in the show from start to finish, but was under a lot of makeup and his identity was a surprise.
Old 11-18-05, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

That's not true -- ER left Clooney's name off for his surprise return.
Yeah, but I wonder if NBC knew Clooney was coming back they would've forced producers to put him in the credits? Hell, i'm sure they would've featured him in the overdramatic promos.
Old 11-18-05, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I missed Atkins's name in the credits (probably doing some surfing at the times of the opening guest credits), so when he showed up at the end, it was a surprise to me.
Old 11-18-05, 05:31 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Are you kidding me? He was the strongest cast member before he left for Hawaii, he was even more interesting than Carter towards the end. The only good guy in the place.
Gallant is a good guy, but I always found him to be... boring. But hey, if his coming back means less screen time for Morris and Eve, I'm all for it.
Old 11-18-05, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I never understood the love for Gallant eiter, I also found him stiff and boring, but his sister (Joy Bryant) was cute.
Old 11-18-05, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by wetsprockets
Gallant is a good guy, but I always found him to be... boring. But hey, if his coming back means less screen time for Morris and Eve, I'm all for it.
I guess being the stand-up, ego-less guy that is good at his job and doesn't have a fucked up family makes you boring. To me he is the only normal one in the place. Gallant reminds me of Greene. Level headed and trying to do the right thing. He's there to get the job done, period.

Recently the ER seems like a big psyche ward where the patients are the doctors. The doctors have become more fucked up than the patients.
Old 11-18-05, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Pratt's heart patient was gut wrenching. Probably the best scene since Ray Liotta's performance.
I concur. I had missed the last couple of eps because the show was really starting to great on me, but I am happy as hell that I caught this ep. Best ER we have had in a while. The Pratt sub-plot practically had me in tears at the end.

And I like how Abby and Kovac may/may not be getting at it again. Hell, I'm still happy as a kid in a candy store that Kovac and Sam are kaput.

Too bad Kristen Johnson is still around.

Stupid opening credits pissed me off, too.

And another reason the ep was so good - no Morris.

Last edited by B.A.; 11-18-05 at 09:12 PM.