Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Giant Eagle DVD sale (PA, OH, WVA, MD)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-05, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Giant Eagle DVD sale (PA, OH, WVA, MD)

Giant Eagle (grocery store chain) is having a seven day DVD sale from Nov. 17-23.

"Advantage Card" required. Not all titles available in all stores.

$9.95 titles (regular $14.95-$19.95):
Fat Albert
Fever Pitch
Dodgeball
Garfield the Movie
Robots
Because of Winn-Dixie
... and more

$8.95 titles (regular $14.95):
Scooby Doo
Scooby Doo 2
LoTR: Fellowship of the Ring
LoTR: Two Towers
Harry Potter, Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter, Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter, Chamber of Secrets
Matrix
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions
Big Daddy
A Knight's Tale
Black Hawk Down

$5.95 titles (regular $7.95-$9.95):
Field of Dreams
Lethal Weapon 2
Austin Powers, Goldmember
About Schmidt
Witches of Eastwick
Eraser
Beautiful Mind
Jack Frost
Outbreak
Devils Advocate
Swordfish
Passenger 57
Red Dragon
Kindergarten Cop
Reservoir Dogs
On Golden Pond
Van Wilder
Wag the Dog
Poltergeist
... and more

One more deal - Free 8 pack of Pop-Tarts with Madagascar from Nov. 15-23.
Old 11-16-05, 10:18 AM

The Giant Eagle here in Hermitage, Pa. usually sales they're previously viewed DVDs for $5 a piece
i'd say, in the past few weeks, the latest DVDs i've gotten from there have been BLADE TRINITY, HIDE & SEEK(for my girl), LEMONY SNICKETS, ALFIE, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, Incredibles, The - 2-Disc Collector's Edition, Dodgeball, and SAVED (for my mother)

but outside of that, i've seen EXORCIST THE BEGINING, OCEANS 12, SIDEWAYS, ELEKTRA, BIRTH, MEET THE FOCKERS, DARKNESS, SPANGLISH, HOTEL RWANDA, and The Assassination of Richard Nixon .....but the titles change damn near every week so it's always good to make sure to just drop by cause it's a good possibilty that you'll find something u want

for instance, in the past few years i've RAPED Giant Eagle for their movies.....so far i've gotten:

BLADE TRINITY, HIDE & SEEK(for my girl), LEMONY SNICKETS, ALFIE, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, Incredibles, The - 2-Disc Collector's Edition, SAVED (for my mother), Dodgeball, UNDERWORLD, 8-MILE, I,ROBOT, TRAPPED, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Sleepers ($6.98), Serving Sara, Road to Perdition, The Ring, Red Dragon - Collector's Edition, Punk'd - The Complete 1st Season($10.00 Giant Eagle in Johnstown, Pa.), Phone Booth, Matchstick Men, The Life of David Gale, Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life - Special Collector's Edition, Jurassic Park - Collector's Edition($7.98), Intolerable Cruelty, Idle Hands, Hellboy - 2-Disc Special Edition, Gangs of New York, Drumline, Dawn of the Dead, Conan the Barbarian - Collector's Edition (International Version)/Conan the Destroyer(DISCONTINUED 2-PACK $19.98), Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle - Special Edition - Unrated, The Butterfly Effect-Infinifilm, Bruce Almighty, Brown Sugar, The Bourne Identity, Big Fish, Big Fat Liar, Basic, Bad Santa, Antwone Fisher, Starsky & Hutch, XXX, and Corrina Corrina (for my girl)

in 4 words: I love GIANT EAGLE/ Iggle Video

Last edited by FARRELLCITYKING; 11-16-05 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-16-05, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

is this iggle video or the actual grocery store's new movies
Old 11-16-05, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by paulringodaman
is this iggle video or the actual grocery store's new movies

Iggle Video
Old 11-16-05, 02:27 PM

These movies are new, not used. Usually, where I shop, I see them in bins in the store just outside the entrance to the video department. The GE I shop at is on the smaller side.

I've bought a few movies there, but usually the prices aren't good. I did get Tremors for free because it rang $1 more than the sticker on it.

And some time ago, I snagged a new copy of Soul Caliber for my Dreamcast for $9.99! That was quite a score.
Old 11-16-05, 04:27 PM

Not all Giant Eagle's have Iggle Video's in them. I know of 2 in Columbus, Ohio that don't. I snagged a copy of Paper Mario for GC for $5 there once.
Old 11-16-05, 04:32 PM

I used to buy videos at Giant Eagle years back when they were on sale, but I've never bought a dvd because ours only sells previously dvds for $10 or more a piece.