Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : "Write error" burning DVDs?

ENDContra
11-15-05, 09:49 AM
Ive recently begun receiving "write error"s when I burn DVDs (data ISO as well as UDF formats) using Nero. Ive been using Verbatim DVD-Rs as I have been for quite awhile now with no problem, and all of a sudden this just started happening. On occasion I can actually manage to get a DVD to burn, although I have no idea what Im doing different that results in this. Usually the burn or simulation fails rather quickly, other times it gets through 25+ minutes of the simulation before stopping. Is this a bad DVD burner that needs to be replaced or is there a simpler solution?

DodgingCars
11-15-05, 01:31 PM
Try burning it at a slower speed and see what happens. The only times I ever received errors, I tried burning it slower and it came out ok.

Also try using another burning software to see what happens.

Here's free burning software (never used it, so not sure how good it is)
http://imgburn.com/

ENDContra
11-15-05, 07:02 PM
Ive tried it at all possible speeds and the problem occurs with every one. Nero has worked many times before, so using different burning software, even if it works, only sidesteps the issue rather than actually solving it.

Gasspasser
11-17-05, 04:26 PM
Firmware upgrade maybe?

X
11-17-05, 04:42 PM
I'd try a lens cleaner. Or if you don't have one, just buy an excellent NEC burner for $35-40.

Fooman
11-17-05, 06:57 PM
I was just going to suggest burning at slower speeds...

I ran into the same problem when I first bought my DVD burner. I tried to burn some DVDs and kept getting write errors. Finally I realized, I bought the cheaper DVDs that are meant to be burned at 4x max. There was nothing wrong with the burner thankfully.

DVD Polizei
11-17-05, 07:02 PM
Try burning a CD and see what happens.