Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Which XBOX game to play next and why?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-05, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Which XBOX game to play next and why?

Here are my xbox games that I haven't played yet. Haven't played any games in general for a few months. Which one should I start and why?

1) Ninja Gaiden
2) Chronicles of Riddick
3) Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom
4) Fatal Frame 2
5) Men Of Valor
6) Metal Slug 3
7) Spider Man 2
8) The Suffering
9) Theif 3: Deadly Shadows
10) Fable
Old 11-14-05, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chronicles of Riddick, the game is amazing. great visuals, wonderful atmosphere and story, voices are great. gameplay is very fun, nothing else really out there like it
Old 11-14-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Are you sure that isn't Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb? If so, I'd hock it now while you can still get something for it. I played it for about 5-6 hours and it is terrible. The play control renders the game virtually unplayable. Falling off ledges and platforms when you clearly hit the jump or whip button. It is a joke.

As for which to play I have only played one other on your list and that was Riddick. I'd put that in my top 3 games for the Xbox. The story integration and cutscenes flow almost seamlessly with the action, which there is a good amount of. There are some fetch quests, but not so many that you want to quit. You can even skip some of them altogether and get right back into the action. One game I am keeping so I can play through once more.

It has a mediocre difficulty enough to make it fun, but not so much you want to throw the controller(which is the word about Ninja Gaiden).
Old 11-14-05, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I say Fable. I raelly enjoyed it and I'm not a big RPG fan. It was a fun game, I know it may have not delivered on all promises...but it was good.

- The Suffering is fun game too....the sequel was just as good.
Old 11-14-05, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ninja Gaiden is one of the next games up for me to play, been wanting to play that for a while, think I am going to trade in the original and pick up Ninja Gaiden Black.

From your list I would start Riddick. Great graphics and really integrates the story into the game well. It is a FPS but much more as it has many adventure elements worked in with all the character interactions and quests.
Old 11-14-05, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ninja Gaiden Black. It's only $30 and who knows how long it will take you to beat it. I'm on the second boss and I've been trying to beat him for freaking week. That game is a bitch.
Old 11-14-05, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

3) Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Are you sure that isn't Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb!?

well...That was priceless..
Old 11-14-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I don't get it.
Old 11-14-05, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd vote Riddick as well. Only thing I didn't like was the floaty feeling of the controls when you first start. The game doesn't take too long to beat either, so you will be moving on to the next game within a reaosnable amount of time.
Old 11-15-05, 11:32 AM

Thanks for the replies. Just started CoR last night and pretty good game. Reminds me of Splinter Cell with the stealth aspect. Played for about 45 minutes last night and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to playing more of it.
Old 11-16-05, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Riddick keeps irritating me because i'm slightly stuck in a section but otherwise i have loved the game - like others said it is very atmospheric.

I would also recommend Thief 3. I absolutely loved all of that series. They are the best stealth games ever.
Old 11-16-05, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by ElementZ
Thanks for the replies. Just started CoR last night and pretty good game. Reminds me of Splinter Cell with the stealth aspect. Played for about 45 minutes last night and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to playing more of it.
Cool. I didn't like the first 45 minutes though. The whole intro was a bit lame to me, but once it got going I was sold.
Old 11-17-05, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Play Ninja Gaiden, I finished it about 3 weeks ago and still go back and play some of the missions (NGBlack).
Old 11-17-05, 11:48 PM

I'd go with Fable if I were you. Plus that new one with the extra stuff is only $20.
Old 11-23-05, 04:52 PM

Thanks guys, started Chronicles of Riddick about a week ago and it's one of the best games I have played in recent memory. I just got sent down to the Double Max prison and fighting for UD. Not sure how far I am in the game but I am having a blast.