er -- "the Human Shield" -- 11.10.2005

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-05, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"the Human Shield"

Spoiler:
Neela (Parminder Nagra) gets all dolled up for Gallant's homecoming (Sharif Atkins) and her co-workers seem to take notice but, her plans change when she receives a call from Iraq. Meanwhile, Abby (Maura Tierney) is caught in the middle between Kovac (Goran Visnjic) and Clemente (John Leguizamo) when they disagree on how to save a patients life. When a cop and a little girl become victims of a shoot out, Neela is plagued with the decision of whether or not she should save the shooters life. Also starring Laura Innes, Mekhi Phifer, Linda Cardellini, Shane West and Kristen Johnston.
Old 11-10-05, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

poo finger
did not fucking need to see that
Old 11-10-05, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This was a Morris-free episode, and can't say I miss that jackass.

Clemente pushing the envelope didn't do that poor little girl any favors. Of course, scumbag survives makes the whole situation sad. It took such a stressful day in the ET to get Abby and Kovach back together for a kiss, and perhaps more.

Ray got what he deserved, good thing he was right next to the ER.

I still can't see Kovach pushing papers as the chief of the ER.

A big smelly finger of poo to those mean writers trying to make us think that Gallant was going to get killed off-camera. Wonder how many episodes Stamos will be on the show considering his Jake show returns on ABC in January.
Old 11-10-05, 10:24 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

There is no way in hell a cop takes that shot. Just not going to happen. That family has all the money in the world coming via lawsuit very shortly!
Old 11-10-05, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Patman
A big smelly finger of poo to those mean writers trying to make us think that Gallant was going to get killed off-camera.
Man, I kept waiting for that.
Wonder how many episodes Stamos will be on the show considering his Jake show returns on ABC in January.
When he was macking on Neela I kept thinking "don't bother man, you're going back to your crappy show in January". I believe I read it was 2, maybe 3 episodes.
Old 11-10-05, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bludvls33
There is no way in hell a cop takes that shot. Just not going to happen. That family has all the money in the world coming via lawsuit very shortly!
Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Even though he was shooting at the cops, they could clearly see he had a child in his arms. I can't believe they'd risk hitting the girl.
Old 11-11-05, 01:00 AM
Banned

I still can't see Kovach pushing papers as the chief of the ER.

Especially with all the talk of him leaving the show (of course, that was supposed to happen last year -- maybe he got a major raiser after Wyle left). Plus once he starts pushing papers, he'll go the way of Susan and Weaver.
Old 11-11-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mikehunt

poo finger
did not fucking need to see that
Well it could have been even worse. I was starting in on a late dinner when that scene came on.
Old 11-11-05, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I was eating too
Old 11-12-05, 06:54 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

John Leguizamo is quite possibly the worst actor in the world. He is horible. the comedy element at the beginning of the show was awkard and stupid. Didn't the ER producers see assault of precint 13 and any of the other movies John Leguizamo has done. He can't do anything straight . He has to be funny it is his nature, to be annoying and irrating. if that is what er wanted they got it. They have driven this show into the ground. It is nice to see that they gave sherry stringfield who they couldn't find a thing to do last year, a classy exit, she just left. great job er you morons.
Old 11-14-05, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
About that shooting: I thought it was ludicrous as well, until I remembered that a short time ago, a man held his own daughter(!) up as a human shield while firing at officers, and both he and the girl were killed by return fire. The man was Hispanic, it was in LA... I'm surprised ER didn't touch on that aspect, if that event was the inspiration for this story.
Old 11-14-05, 06:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sabre
John Leguizamo is quite possibly the worst actor in the world. He is horible. the comedy element at the beginning of the show was awkard and stupid. Didn't the ER producers see assault of precint 13 and any of the other movies John Leguizamo has done. He can't do anything straight . He has to be funny it is his nature, to be annoying and irrating.
I didn't realize Crónicas, Undefeated and Summer of Sam were comedic lead roles.