Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

GameCube + Extra Controller + Mario Party 7 + Microphone = New Nintendo Bundle ($99)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GameCube + Extra Controller + Mario Party 7 + Microphone = New Nintendo Bundle ($99)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-05, 09:43 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

They are calling it the Party Pack.

I saw a display for it at Wal*Mart this week and also at EB Games*. Comes out on Nov 10th.

This might move a few more consoles.

Other bundles out now are the ones that include Pokemon XD and the other has Super Smash Bros (and I've seen the Mario Kart ones around still).

* EB Games is touting a voucher for $20 when you purchase a game that is $29.99 or higher with this system. Could make for a better Christmas Gift.
Old 11-06-05, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
This is a pretty sweet deal for someone looking to pick up a Cube. Fire Emblem alone is worth owning a Cube for.
Old 11-07-05, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would say Mario Party 7 is a good game for people who don't own a cube and want some multiplayer goodness. Oh, and I think the Zelda bundle was very interesting last year. (or was that more than a year ago?)
Old 11-07-05, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EB Games has it available online NOW...

EB Games has it available online NOW...

Mario Party 7 Gamecube Bundle
Just clcik on: Mario Party 7 Gamecube Bundle - $99.99

Last edited by BlockbusterDude; 11-11-05 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-07-05, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Vandelay_Inds
ugggh, why won't they pack-in an interesting game?

I guess I'll continue to wait until the PS2 comes down to $99.

They have had similar bundles before with metroid, mario kart, mario sunshine, smash brothers, etc. What are you looking for?
Old 11-07-05, 04:40 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffdsmith
They have had similar bundles before with metroid, mario kart, mario sunshine, smash brothers, etc. What are you looking for?
Grand Theft Mario: The Mushroom Kingom
Old 11-07-05, 04:59 PM
Retired

You already missed out on the Mario, Metroid and Zelda bundles by a couple of years.
Old 11-09-05, 11:10 AM

Thursday???

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I saw a display for it at Wal*Mart this week and also at EB Games*. Comes out on Nov 10th.
Why Thursday, November 10th?? Is Thursday the day of the week that video games are released?? Just as Tuesday is the day new DVD's are released??

Sorry if this is known information... I was just wondering...
Old 11-09-05, 04:47 PM

Saw this bundle at Best Buy today. Was a little interested, but the Gamecube is almost dead and I didn't want to buy one again (I had one, but sold it last year when Revolution was announced). I will feel a little bad about not being able to play Zelda, but i'll just wait for the Revolution Zelda and play that. As for this game. I'll just rent the game and play it at my cousins house.

There have been many bundles over the years. A Zelda one. A couple Mario Ones. Pokemon, Metroid, Donkey Kong, and just about every other main franchise. I can't believe this is new news to some.
Old 11-11-05, 09:25 AM

Toys R Us is Overcharging for the Game Cube Mario Party 7 Bundle

Bought mine last night at the Toys R Us in Times Square NYC and used the coupon from the Sunday circular for a free $10 giftcard.

They did however charge me $114.99. The CSR said that they've been having this problem all day. He brought in his manager to adjust the price and she said the price was too low and they will be raising the price very soon. I'm sure this woman was very mistaken since it's advertised as $99 everywhere else including Toys R Us on-line.

Has anyone else come across this problem of being over charged???

Game Cube Mario Party 7 Bundle at Toys R Us

GameCube Mario Party 7 Bundle Description
The GameCube Mario Party 7 Bundle turns your house into a constant party! Mario Party 7 contains 80 new mini-games for up to 8 players. Family & friends can compete in a family-friendly game that plays like a virtual board game. The game includes he Nintendo GameCube Mic, which accepts voice commands to control the action in some games. The bundle includes a Nintendo GameCube, two controllers and Mario Party 7 - at a price that's almost half what you'd pay if you purchased all this separarately.

Mario Party 7 Description
Grab seven of your closest friends and get ready for the wildest, craziest party ever! With six new boards, two new characters and dozens upon dozens of new mini-games, Mario Party 7 will keep you rockin'! Explore the world with six brand-new game boards! As Mario and friends embark on an around-the-world cruise, each board serves as an exotic port of call--China, the Netherlands, Egypt, Venice, the United States and Bowser World! Each one is a lovely vacation spot in the real world...but Bowser has other plans! Up to eight players can participate in the action. Four more than the previous Mario Party titles! In a four-player game, each participant will have his or her own Controller. In an eight-player match, participants will share a Controller. Mario Party 7 will feature 86 all-new mini-games, 10 of which use the NGC Microphone. From leaping over electrified hurdles to avoiding a mole with a giant hammer, each game is a party in itself! The addition of two new playable characters, Birdo and Dry Bones, adds to the fun.

Last edited by BlockbusterDude; 11-11-05 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-11-05, 06:25 PM

Anyone know if Mario Party 7 is progressive scan or not?
Old 11-11-05, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
They have these in stock at EB Games here locally, the clerk said you could get $20 trade-in credit for Mario Party 7. So you could pick up a new GameCube w/2 controllers for $79.99, and in Jet (Black) instead of platinum like all the other bundles.

RN2BE HDTVArcade shows that Mario Party 4, 5, and 6 are all 480p so I would assume 7 is also.