TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Desperate Housewives - 11/06/05

Old 11-06-05, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Desperate Housewives - 11/06/05

"I Wish I Could Forget You"

Spoiler:
As Carlos continues serving his jail sentence, Gabrielle valiantly tries to free him; Mike and Susan face a crisis in their relationship; Paul Young returns.

Cast: Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross, Eva Longoria, Nicollette Sheridan, Alfre Woodard, Brenda Strong, James Denton, Doug Savant, Ricardo Antonio Chavira, Mark Moses, Richard Burgi, Roger Bart, Cody Kasch, Andrea Bowen, Shawn Pyfrom, Joy Lauren, Mehcad Brooks, Jesse Metcalfe, Zane Huett .
Director(s): Larry Shaw.
Producer(s): Charles Pratt Jr., Marc Cherry, Tom Spezialy, Michael Edelstein.
Writer(s): Marc Cherry.

Original Airdate: November 6, 2005.

Desperate Housewives
Old 11-06-05, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone able to see this??? Philadelphia area has an Eagles game on! &%^&$%^$#

Crap... nevermind, apparently it was on at 7 this week!

Last edited by Therecanbonly1; 11-06-05 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-06-05, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
Okay....I think I speak for most when I say I think this show is having an identity crisis in a major way. Lynette is the only character who seems to belong to the whimsical nature of last season, but this was way too dark an ep. for what this show was started as and made it appealing.

On a side note, and at the risk of sounding geeky, if they ever make a Spider-Man movie exploring the webslinger in his older years, I want to put a vote in for Marcia Cross as the older Mary Jane. She may be an older woman, but she is gorgeous.
Old 11-06-05, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, didn't expect for Mike to find out that Susan gave Zach money to go to Utah until late this season. I saw the marriage angle coming, and thought his leaving her wouldn't come until further into that storyline.

And if Mike leaves for Utah, that lets Paul stay without any troubles.

And Bree with long hair? Sorry, I think she looks better with short hair, but that's just my preference.
Old 11-06-05, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have been annoyed by Susan in the past, but really felt sorry for her at the end of this episode.

It's a running contest who is creepier: George or Paul? My vote is actually going to George.

An entire episode without Alfrie Woodard and the show didnt' miss a beat! Looks like we get more of her storyline next week though.

And Bree with long hair? Sorry, I think she looks better with short hair, but that's just my preference.
I also miss her hair style from last season.
Old 11-06-05, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I missed the beginning of the show. Why was Susan in a wedding dress? And why was she so emotional? Usually she would still be perky and try to patch things up but she acted like her daughter had died or something.

Last edited by QuikSilver; 11-06-05 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-06-05, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by QuikSilver
I missed the beginning for the show. Why was Suan in a wedding dress? And why was she so emotional? Usually she would still be perky and try to patch things up but she acted like her daughter had died or something.
She was trying out the dress for her mother, since they are the same size. As to why she was emotional? The man she loved just left her because he found out she paid to have Zach go to Utah and never told him about it.
Old 11-06-05, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the answer.
Old 11-06-05, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm getting less and less in tuned with this show. Nothing's really sustaining my attention with the meandering subplots (Bree and George, Susan and Mike), though Lynette's pragmatism angles seems to always find that bit of sunshine in dilemnas and impasses. At least with Paul back in the neighborhood, Wisteria Lane will be on high alert amongst the rumor mill. Gabby's subplot tries to straddle that dramedy line, but just never hits its mark completely for me.
Old 11-06-05, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
So I guess I'm not the only one who has been watching this show just waiting for "Grey's Anatomy" to start.

Lynette has been somehwhat amusing at times, as has Gabby, but the rest of it is just boring the shit out of me. I think I am actually really close to cutting this show off. What a nose-dive from one season to the next.
Old 11-06-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, there's nothing else I'd watching in the DH timeslot (don't watch the Fox shows, and I make it a point not to watch any of the Law & Order shows, and NFL football is watched via P-in-P while DH is in HDTV, so DH has no competition for my attention, plus I usually fold laundry during that air too).
Old 11-06-05, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by calhoun07
...It's a running contest who is creepier: George or Paul? My vote is actually going to George...
George, without a doubt.

Paul was originally motivated by protecting Zach who was a son to him, even now his motivation is finding Zach and protecting him.

George killed somebody because he had a crush on his wife, and in this episode used drugs to seduce Bree.
Old 11-06-05, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
my wife pointed something out to me that will bother me every time I watch this show. One of Teri Hatcher's nostrils is significantly smaller than the other one. don't know how I never noticed it before.

as for the quality of the show... I used to watch Grey's Anatomy just because it just happened to come on after DH. Now I watch DH because it happens to come on before Grey's Anatomy. I don't know if Grey's has gotten that much better, or if DH has gotten that much worse, or a mixture of both.

but i still like lynette's storylines. line of the night: "I feel like a better parent already..."
Old 11-07-05, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So did George rape Bree while she was out cold? I initially thought that is where they were going but how she woke up unsullied made me wonder.
Old 11-07-05, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It seemed like he was going to, but I'm not sure he did.

Yet another lackluster week. I'm glad Susan's meddling finally backfired on her. I just hope she learns something from this.
Old 11-07-05, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RichardW
It seemed like he was going to, but I'm not sure he did.
Clearly he did not. Bree was still wearing her hose when she woke up. It would seem doubtful that he could have done anything then perfectly re-dressed her afterwards.

Good episode. Doug Savant was hilarious with those golf clubs! Odd that Leslie Ann Warren was in this episode for such a brief amount of screen time. I guess there's going to be another episode down the line with her and Bob Newhart finally tying the knot.
Old 11-07-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
my wife pointed something out to me that will bother me every time I watch this show. One of Teri Hatcher's nostrils is significantly smaller than the other one. don't know how I never noticed it before...
Wow, didn't notice it either.

Here's a link to a picture of her (clean, worksafe):
http://www.celebrity-exchange.com/ce...hatcher-01.jpg

And I agree that George didn't rape Bree while she was unconscious. Though, as creepy as George is, surely he was an improvement over Rex?
Old 11-07-05, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The bigger one must be her coke nostril.
Old 11-07-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Count me as one who thought this was a very good episode, one of the better ones this Season. A lot of forward progress on major storylines, with only the "Gimp in the Basement" storyline missing (and that one hasn't been a good storyline yet anyway, so I didn't miss it at all).

As for the opening, George is a bit of a creepy guy, but so cunningly maniplative to get his way that I'm surprised he hasn't been using that skill to get laid all the time. And did he actually take advantage of Bree while she was out, or was he was only planning to watch her and wait until she woke up to then maniplate her into sleeping with him? I think the show made us think the former (with him taking off the tie), but the latter is the only thing that actually happened.

I liked the scene where Carlos' lawyer was getting shot at by the Creepy Courthouse Guy but not hit, and then actually getting shot by the security guard. It was the drama/comedy mix that the show does so well.

And the Susan storyline also successfully did the comedy (when Paul came into her house) and drama (her heartbreaking scene at the end) mix very well too.

So, after seeing that scene in the street, does Paul now believe Susan was telling the truth about sending Zach to Utah?
Old 11-07-05, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts
I hate Bree now for the whole George thing. She used to be my favorite but now the level of stupidity and uncharacteristic (dating someone so soon after the funeral - as pointed out by her son) manner in which she is behaving has got me to the point that I do not care to see her story.
Old 11-07-05, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat
Wow, didn't notice it either.

Here's a link to a picture of her (clean, worksafe):
http://www.celebrity-exchange.com/ce...hatcher-01.jpg

And I agree that George didn't rape Bree while she was unconscious. Though, as creepy as George is, surely he was an improvement over Rex?
You think a psycho who killed her husband and practically date-raped her, not to mention manipulated her into sending her son off to a camp again is better than her husband? Rex had his faults, but I thought he was a decent human being. George is a sack of shit, and the only thing that bugs me about that storyline is that fact that Bree hasn't seen through him already. Though, I think she is fooling herself a bit because she wants to believe he is a good person. But it is too unbelievable that such a strong person hasn't figured it out already. I just hope she figures it out soon, cause I can't hate George enough and I really want her to blow him away.

The show is definitely not grabbing me the way it did last season, but I'm still interested. Especially now that Paul is back. He's a bad guy, but not as bad as I originally thought. I kind of feel sorry for him. And I'm glad Susan finally got what was coming to her. Stop lying to everyone and sticking your nose in everywhere!
Old 11-07-05, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Xander
You think a psycho who killed her husband and practically date-raped her, not to mention manipulated her into sending her son off to a camp again is better than her husband?...
When I said that George was an improvement, I meant solely between the sheets. Other than some oddities in the bedroom, Rex was a great guy.
Old 11-07-05, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Heat
When I said that George was an improvement, I meant solely between the sheets.

Somehow, I doubt George is any good at that.
Old 11-07-05, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I think this was the best episode of this season. It seemed to have some of the fun back from season 1. I was happy not to have the man in the basement in this episode.
Old 11-07-05, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by BigDaddy
I think this was the best episode of this season. It seemed to have some of the fun back from season 1. I was happy not to have the man in the basement in this episode.
Yeah, the "Gimp in the Basement" wasn't missed at all this week, and may be why I also think this was the best episode of the season, so far.

Spoiler:

The "Gimp in the Basement" story is unfortunately coming back next week. I just hope that storyline gets better than it's been in previous eps.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.