Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Prison Break - Cancelled? Alias scheduling news too..

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-05, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From TVGuide.com
PRISON BREAKS: Prison Break is once again getting furloughed by Fox. In a November-sweeps press release issued Thursday, Fox referred to the show's Nov. 28 episode as its "fall finale," but gave no indication as to when it would be back. Adding to the mystery: A network rep would only say that Prison's remaining nine episodes would air at a "later date." As previously reported, 24 assumes Prison's Monday-9 pm time slot in early January. (Damn you, 24! Oh, wait — I like 24. Damn you, um, er, um, War at Home!)
STARS REBORN: ABC is scheduling the second edition of Dancing with the Stars on Thursdays at 8 pm/ET beginning Jan. 5. Dancing will run for eight weeks, replacing Alias during the hiatus to accommodate Jennifer Garner's maternity leave. The network says the new batch of celebrity hoofers will be announced at a later date.
Old 10-31-05, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't think ratings were even an issue with this show?
Old 10-31-05, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
It's not being cancelled. 24 has been scheduled to take over in January since before the season even started. It was never clear what Fox was going to do with the extra 9 episodes they ordered.
Old 10-31-05, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought Prison Break just got renewed for a 2nd season
Old 10-31-05, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
They aren't going to cancel Prison Break - they just need to figure out what to do w/ it in regards to it's time-slot.

And I thought ABC always said that the show was going to go on hiatus when Garner has the baby.
Old 10-31-05, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
no way it's cancelled; it's one of the hottest new shows on network tv.
Old 10-31-05, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I think it is pretty easy to figure out here. Let it be the lead in to 24.
Old 10-31-05, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I thought House was going to be the led in for 24?

And they want Bones to be the show to get a push from Idol.

That leaves it to compete in the tough Wednesday timeslots, Fox to bag reunion and have it be a 1-2 punch with OC, or send it into the deathknell of Friday night.

I think they should Put House on Thursdays at 9, its a natural there since ER is losing much luster at 10, but it can capture that medical crowd and do some damage v CSI.

Prison break would be an excellent 1-2 punch with 24, it is very 24 like.
Old 10-31-05, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
I think it is pretty easy to figure out here. Let it be the lead in to 24.
That's a long way to stretch 9 episodes.

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
I thought House was going to be the led in for 24?
You are correct, sir. Here's the schedule, for anyone who's curious.
Old 10-31-05, 09:39 AM

Part of me is dying at the thought of a long-ass Prison Break hiatus (you know they're gonna end on some huge cliffhanger), but my TV show [strike]downloading[/strike] watching schedule will be pretty busy then anyway, with 24 and BSG coming back in January.
Old 10-31-05, 09:43 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
They aren't going to cancel Prison Break - they just need to figure out what to do w/ it in regards to its time-slot.
I think it still sucks, and I kind of wish they would've figured this out a while ago. Shuffling a good new show around is a sure way to lose viewers. (Still, bring on 24!)
Old 10-31-05, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i agree. they get a decent new show on with interested viewers and then expect them to wait around and find it when they stick it back in the lineup. house already has an established viewer base as does 24. i do not think they need both programs running back to back.
Old 10-31-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
You guys need to quit using logic - these are television execs you are talking about.

Last edited by B.A.; 10-31-05 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-31-05, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well stated.
Old 10-31-05, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't watch the show, but I read in this morning's USA Today that it will come back on Mondays in the summer when 24 completes its run.
Old 10-31-05, 10:17 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Summer? That doesn't sound promising. Looking at the episode schedule for House I noticed that it will have aired 12 new episodes by the end of December. That leaves 10 new episodes. It seems like they could easily air those AND then air the remaining 9 Prison Break eps in the time span 24 will air. Then they could air all the House reruns during the summer.
Old 10-31-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 912 Likes on 672 Posts
Damn, once Jan hits my DVR is going to go into overtime every Monday night.
Old 10-31-05, 11:10 AM

for real, i hope comcast comes out with a dvr with a larger hard drive i just dont have the space. Does anyone know if its possible to hook up more then 1 box as just extra storage?
Old 10-31-05, 11:18 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

From tvguide.com

SENTENCED TO SUMMER: Fox has finally announced when Prison Break will return to the schedule following its fall finale on Nov. 28 — and it blows. The network has decided to hold the show's nine remaining episodes until (gulp) May! Fox scheduling chief Preston Beckman tells USA Today that "the appeal of creatively bringing it back later in the year outweighs the disruption it would cause" to try to bring it back sooner. I wonder what kind of disruption a few million phone calls of protest would cause over at Fox's Culver City headquarters? You with me, guys?
Old 10-31-05, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by uteotw
I think it still sucks, and I kind of wish they would've figured this out a while ago. Shuffling a good new show around is a sure way to lose viewers. (Still, bring on 24!)

They announced this from the beginning that it was only holding 24's spot til January. That's why some people were surprised that Fox even ordered the 9 more episodes. If I'm not mistaken, originally they intended to wrap everything up in 13 eps, because they figured that's all they'd get for the first season.
Old 10-31-05, 11:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by THX7966
From tvguide.com

SENTENCED TO SUMMER: Fox has finally announced when Prison Break will return to the schedule following its fall finale on Nov. 28 — and it blows. The network has decided to hold the show's nine remaining episodes until (gulp) May! Fox scheduling chief Preston Beckman tells USA Today that "the appeal of creatively bringing it back later in the year outweighs the disruption it would cause" to try to bring it back sooner. I wonder what kind of disruption a few million phone calls of protest would cause over at Fox's Culver City headquarters? You with me, guys?
I don't think the show will survive this.
Old 10-31-05, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by THX7966
From tvguide.com

Wow. That's bullshit. While I will be glad when 24 starts [no matter how ridiculous it might get], this is just flat out stupid. I agree with other in this thread who said to let it be the lead-in to 24. And if there are those who might complain about some possibly offensive material airing at the 8pm slot, I have four words for them:

the. War. At. Home.
Old 10-31-05, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Doesn't Fox have a bunch of crappy reality shows they could hold until summer instead? It seems bizarre to work so hard to have a hit scripted series on your hands and then treat it like a red-headed stepchild.

It's a good show, but it's not The Sopranos. People will forget about it after awhile.
Old 10-31-05, 12:24 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Some more scheduling news

THURSDAY LOGJAM: As if Thursday night weren't congested enough, Fox and NBC may move two of their biggest assets there at mid-season. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Fox is mulling a scenario that would push the American Idol results show to Thursday at 9 pm opposite CSI. NBC, meanwhile, may move My Name Is Earl from Tuesday to Thursday to help bolster its sagging fortunes on that night. "It's something we'll look at really carefully," one Peacock exec told the Reporter. "The last thing we want to do is damage an asset." The exception to this rule being Scrubs.
Old 10-31-05, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe the show only has a two-season story arc, so Fox isn't so concerned about building up a huge number of viewers? Dunno, just a guess. Sucks if they're treating the show like crap just because it doesn't have the potential to go 5 or 6 seasons.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.