2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Worst NES Games of All Time

Im sure most of you have seen this but for those who havent:

Worst NES Games
Old 10-27-05, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Man, i use to play the Hell out of Tag Team Wrestling, dunno why it ended up on the list as i thought it was pretty fun.
Total Recall should have been number 1, man that game flat out SUCKED.
Old 10-27-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL that list is hilarious, I didn't own any of those shitty games but I have played a few of them.
Old 10-27-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jaws sucked and so did Friday the 13th
Old 10-27-05, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

a friend and I went to Blockbuster (Erols at the time) and the only thing they had left was Deadly Towers. It was, by far, the worst game we'd ever played.(of course we were 12)
Old 10-27-05, 02:07 PM

maybe in twenty years, this guy will come out with the 20 worst playstation games.
Old 10-27-05, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is more like a "mainstream" worst 20 games. Look into anything made by Sachen or Color Dreams and you'll see how much of a joke this list is. I happen to like Deadly Towers, but I'm a dungeon crawl fanatic so I'm used to those kind of games being picked on. Silent Assault is probably the worst game I've ever played on the NES (off the top of my head).
Old 10-27-05, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by muMbLing
maybe in twenty years, this guy will come out with the 20 worst playstation games.
This list is 5-10 years old already.
Old 10-27-05, 02:24 PM
Suspended

I actually played a lot of Athena, Legend of Kage, and Deadly Towers. Deadly Towers is not the worst game on the NES though.
Old 10-27-05, 02:33 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Anyone personal experiences with the Bible one?
Old 10-27-05, 02:51 PM

LOL I loved bible adventures... i played it on my Xbox emulator the other day and it isnt THAT bad. But it is funny if you play with a group of people. Especially if you read the story- it is like they are briefing you for an FBI mission.
The best part of the game is the music. If you hear it once, you're fucked cuz you'll hear it EVERYWHERE u go.
Old 10-27-05, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 299 Posts
Seanbaby is f'ing hillarious. But Im shocked that The Three Stooges game didn't make the list (unless I missed it). Worst f'ing game ever!
Old 10-27-05, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

While not released in the US, Transformers is probably the single worst NES game I've ever played.

Old 10-27-05, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't remember the specific reasoning behind why we disliked Deadly Towers (mainly it was boring, I seem to think). Sega had an arcade game called "Strider" back then that was pretty badass as an arcade game and when my friend got it, neither one of us could get past the aligator in level 1.2. The whole game was wasted since there was no way beyond that one point. No internet back then or gaming helplines or whatever from that Fred Savage movie, so we were stuck.
Old 10-27-05, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Bible Adventures- Good Lord! I stayed with my grandparents one summer and brought my NES with me. Being the dedicated Christians they are, they bought me this game. It was with the best of intentions, but the game was pretty torturous.
Old 10-27-05, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

One of the Bible games is a Zelda 1 clone that involves around you finding the pieces of the armor of God to go to Hell and defeat Satan or something. I can't remember what the title was off the top of my head but it may have been Spiritual Warfare. It wasn't half bad all things considered.
Old 10-27-05, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
My family owned Bible Adventures. It was a lovely light blue cartridge. I loved it then. I am sure I would not now. For anyone who played that game. Wasn't there a level where you had to get baby Moses across rivers and avoid the deadly soilders?
Old 10-27-05, 10:03 PM

I remember being so let down by Friday the 13th The Video Game after anticipating it as a kid.

And since when do zombies, killer birds, and werewolves roam the lake? Thats what I asked myself back in 88 when it came out. Though maybe they should have incorparated these things into a later sequel. Still would have been more interesting than Jason takes Manhatten. Oh well.

I also agree with The Three Stooges and Jaws. Those are three I remember from back then.
Old 10-27-05, 10:53 PM

Funny list. I actually own a few of those games and still play them today. MUSCLE, Tag Team, Renegade, and Mighty Bombjack are a few in my collection. MUSCLE ain't much to look at and is glitchy, but it has very responsive controls and has become one of my ultimate gaming guilty pleasures. (I feel at peace now that I have come to the defense of MUSCLE)
Old 10-27-05, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
While not released in the US, Transformers is probably the single worst NES game I've ever played.

http://pixyjunket.aorange.com/userpi.../nes_prime.jpg
LOL ! That cartridge art is hilarious, Optimus Prime is a badass, always will be, but seeing him in front of a podium with the American flag draped in the background is almost too much to bear. I'll have to agree with you, I played this game and it's a miracle if you can get past the first stage, the graphics suck too, but the music wasn't that bad (except there's a bit of a side effect that you'll be humming it wherever you go for a month). On that note the Captain Planet game should be on there, now if you really can get past the first level on that game you have my respect. I know saving the planet is no easy job but that game really puts it into perspective how far away we really are.

That list is ancient, but here's an interesting fact, the Athena game was made by SNK, and you may have noticed a similarly named female fighter character in the King of Fighters series, it's not a coincidence, the character is one and the same .
Old 10-28-05, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
I seem to remember this game called Legacy of the Wizard or something like that being particularly horrible, but maybe that was just because I couldn't figure out what the hell you were supposed to do.
Old 10-28-05, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by orangecrush18
My family owned Bible Adventures. It was a lovely light blue cartridge. I loved it then. I am sure I would not now. For anyone who played that game. Wasn't there a level where you had to get baby Moses across rivers and avoid the deadly soilders?
yes, there are 3 different courses you can choose: Noah's Ark (the best, game-wise), and Baby Moses (the funniest, especially when you drop the baby in the river to save yourself)... i cant remember the last game, but its lame.
Old 10-28-05, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by AndyCleveland
yes, there are 3 different courses you can choose: Noah's Ark (the best, game-wise), and Baby Moses (the funniest, especially when you drop the baby in the river to save yourself)... i cant remember the last game, but its lame.
Is the third one where you play Judas and you have to lead the Roman soldiers through a maze to find Jesus?
Old 10-28-05, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joeblow69
I seem to remember this game called Legacy of the Wizard or something like that being particularly horrible, but maybe that was just because I couldn't figure out what the hell you were supposed to do.
HOLD THY TONGUE! Legacy of the Wizard rules and it has some of the best NES music out there, composed by the great Yuzo Koshiro. But yeah, it's an easy game to get overwhelmed with and to not know what to do next.. it's one of those REALLY early Japanese PC RPGs that probably came with maps and shit that weren't thought of when bringing it out to the NES.
Old 10-28-05, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Outlaw
LOL ! That cartridge art is hilarious, Optimus Prime is a badass, always will be, but seeing him in front of a podium with the American flag draped in the background is almost too much to bear.
Glad you like it, it's my own creation. My friend is a huge Transformers nerd and wouldn't have it when I told him the NES game was shit, so I bought the Japanese cart, converted it to a US case and made label art for it and gave it to him for his birthday. I don't think he's played it yet since he was out of town last week and I was moving the week before that so he hasn't gotten to my NES yet. The music is horrible dude, but yeah you'll be humming those six fucking demon notes for a good week, at least.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.