Invasion -- "The Hunt" -- 10/26/05

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-05, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Invasion -- "The Hunt" -- 10/26/05

"The Hunt"
Spoiler:
Russell meets a Cuban refugee who has lost his family to ``the lights,'' and decides to try to catch one of the mysterious, luminescent beings.

Cast: William Fichtner, Eddie Cibrian, Lisa Sheridan, Kari Matchett, Tyler Labine, Evan Peters, Ariel Gade, Alexis Dziena, Aisha Hinds, Michael Mitchell, Ramon Chavez, Melody Butiu, E J Callahan, Scott Klace.
Director(s): Lawrence Trilling.
Producer(s): Shaun Cassidy, Lawrence Trilling.
Writer(s): Shaun Cassidy, Becky Hartman Edwards.

Original Airdate: October 26, 2005.
Old 10-27-05, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts
No one watches this show?

I was thinking of picking up another show, since I dumped Threshold, and I heard this one was good. Is it?
Old 10-27-05, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
I DVR it, so it may be a couple of days before I get to sit down and watch it. But I do like the deliberate pace.
Old 10-27-05, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This show is just taking time to tell their story. I believe that the pace has to be deliberate. Showing after Lost seems to allow the network some flexibility by allowing this show to slowly tell the story.

I would a new viewer would not have any major problems coming in at this time and not being totally lost as to what is happening.

Seems to me like "Cocoon meets the Body Snatchers". I find it enjoyable.
Old 10-27-05, 07:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought this episode wass pretty good. I think it picked up a little bit here. The people following Larkin have made things more interesting. Things got really good at the end with the reveal.

How old is the actress that plays the sherrif's daughter?

Speculation on my part:
I believe the crab people have landed.

"Crab people. Crab people. Taste like crab, talk like people."
Old 10-27-05, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by boogieman03
How old is the actress that plays the sherrif's daughter?
Alexis Dziena is 21.
Old 10-27-05, 03:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Excellent. I don't feel so dirty anymore.
Old 10-27-05, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you're now in a mood to feel not so dirty concerning Alexis, rent Jarmusch's 'Broken Flowers' when it comes out.
Old 10-27-05, 09:24 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Decent ep, the last few minutes was interesting. Definitely want to see what the Sheriff actually knows and how long he has known it. Seems to be progressing along at a decent clip, a lot more info than Lost! I will keep it in the rotation for now...
Old 10-27-05, 10:10 PM

they actually did something different this week with the weirdo boy storyline. Pretty good. And the scenes with the guys fishing was humourous, also filling in some background for the 2 male leads.
Old 10-27-05, 10:28 PM

I'm surprised that no one has commented on the fact that the main character said he came over from Cuba on a boat when he was 10. I like this show, but to believe his character is from Cuba is harder to believe than aliens landing on earth.
Old 10-27-05, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Both of Eddie Cibrian's (main character) parents are Cuban, and meeting individuals who came over during the Mariel Boatlift is pretty common in South Florida.
Old 10-27-05, 10:56 PM

I didn't realize that, thanks for the info
Old 10-30-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
that surfer dude looking kid had some balls spying on the blonde mother like that
Old 11-01-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
that surfer dude looking kid had some balls spying on the blonde mother like that
It probably took more balls to cut his hand open just to see her, and then not only come on to her but convince her to come with him to the beach. What was she thinking?

I'm still confused about the time dilation between cuts. It seems like it turns from night to day in an instant. Last time, Larkin was out looking for the kids, left at 11 at night, and didn't find them until something like 5 in the morning. This time, the guys were tracking the creature in the daytime, and next thing you know it's nighttime. Maybe florida is like this or something?

There are also little things that make no sense to me. The sister is carrying this heavy cooler with ice with her brother. The surfer dude comes up, offering a ride, which she initially refuses, then when he makes a crack about sleeping with her, she accepts his ride, leaving her brother to carry the cooler by himself?

Apparently, holding the body-snatched people under water will at least awaken them. But the doctor's been underwater multiple times, and still has little idea what's going on.

Did the sherrif say he was going to send the kid to some other project for a few months or something? Wouldn't his parents have something to say about that?

I also didn't like the scene where Larkin noticed the guy casing her house. She tells the kid to count to 100, then hide, which didn't make much sense anyway. Then she runs after the guy, who gets in a car and drives off. After he drives off, she yells to no one in particular "who are you?" Later, she thinks she notices someone outside of her house, and she opens the door, where we get this ominous shot on her... but there was nothing there? Did I miss something?

Interesting that the main character actually came over to the US as an illegal immigrant (unless they had amnesty from Cuba or something).
Old 11-01-05, 01:08 PM

The day to night cuts bothered me too. I believe they stated that the kid was living by himself because the parents had fled the hurricane or something similar. Plot holes you could drive a truck through but I found this episode to be better than some of the recent ones, maybe because they are finnally starting to advance the story line abit.