Threshold -- "The Order" -- 10/21/05

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-05, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Threshold -- "The Order" -- 10/21/05

"The Order"
Spoiler:
Molly investigates a security leak that could put the entire Threshold plan in jeopardy; the red team probes a possible infection of a local food supply in a New England town.

Cast: Carla Gugino, Charles S. Dutton, Brian van Holt, Robert Patrick Benedict, Brent Spiner, Peter Dinklage, Kevin Kilner, James Parks, Diane Venora, Stephen Lee, Melissa Charles, Jake Abel, Jon Polito, Jesse Burch, Lauren Tom, Larry Thomas.
Director(s): Noberto Barba.
Producer(s): Brannon Braga, David Heyman, David Goyer.
Writer(s): Anne McGrail.

Original Airdate: October 21, 2005.
Old 10-21-05, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok that cat was creepy. But the show is tanking fast.
Old 10-21-05, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Molly keeps making the "right" decision, kinda boring with such an automaton at the wheel. The Fenway investigation wasn't all that interesting.
Old 10-21-05, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
that cat disturbed me
Old 10-21-05, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That cat was FUBAR.
Old 10-21-05, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awww just when I think the story line was going to ramp up a little.... they once again "solve" the problem right away... I mean right after they find that cat I was thinking 'Oh now the story gets interesting' due to the person who who was now infected AND had a copy of the signal..

sep then 10min later they wrapped up that story line idea all nice and neat.. lame... In some ways this show is like watching the old school James Bond bad guys go WAY out of there way to kill someone off vs the easy way.. I mean come on..

I have need to play a signal to infect people. Just grab someone and play the signal, then laws of the doubling kicks in.. 2 = 4, 4 = 8 etc etc.. Or just a few min with a home cpu and I copy of the cd, few hours I have a few hundred.. Ah but nooooooooo lets patch into the subway power and blah blah blah..
Old 10-22-05, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DeadLamb
I have need to play a signal to infect people. Just grab someone and play the signal, then laws of the doubling kicks in.. 2 = 4, 4 = 8 etc etc.. Or just a few min with a home cpu and I copy of the cd, few hours I have a few hundred.. Ah but nooooooooo lets patch into the subway power and blah blah blah..
Thats what I was thinking. Why not grab a boombox and sit on a NYC street corner. No they have to coordinate some underground rave sent via text.
Old 10-22-05, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

or just convert it to mp3, call it the snoop dog album and put on the newsgroups and napster or whatever.
Old 10-22-05, 01:53 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
I'm surprised at the reactions to this ep. I actually thought it was the best of the series so far and stopped a downward trend since the pilot. Maybe it's just that I enjoyed seeing Lucas and Ramsey investigating on their own.
Old 10-22-05, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, if the signal got put out as a MP3 on the internet, somehow Molly would just have the entire world EMP'd. It's in her plan!
Old 10-22-05, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"I can't dial with my ass."

"I've got a wife and 8 kids!"

They should really just kill everyone off on this show, and just team Lucas and Ramsey together... Everyone else on this show is weak.
Old 10-22-05, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
They should really just kill everyone off on this show, and just team Lucas and Ramsey together... Everyone else on this show is weak.
Call the show: "Theshold of Insanity"
Old 10-23-05, 12:42 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm still enjoying the show but they do need to start a bigger story arc
Old 10-23-05, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I finally caught up with this show and I'm asking myself why I'm still watching it.

It's just not right having a talented cast and wasting their talents with such poor writing.
Old 10-23-05, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, you could always turn the channel and watch Reba and Twins (I sort of like Twins, which I time-shift).
Old 10-23-05, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I liked it...

We were hoping that the infected Senator would end up doing "what he knows" how to do and spread the infection through the Senate or something. They took the easy way out shooting down the plane, but we really don't know for sure that they are actually dead.
Old 10-23-05, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If the everyone on the jet was infected I wonder why didn't they play the signal to infect the fighter pilot through his headphones or did they? Why not play the signal and infect the air traffic controllers.
Old 10-23-05, 06:32 PM

I think the show's gotten a lot bigger but still has the asame basic premise. We've gone from catching a few infectees to shooting down planes and shutting down city blocks. And of course we still know nothing.

For the storylines to be any bigger, you'd have to have the majority of the world infected. Then the show would be more a zombie series than an alien one. Maybe that would be good for a 'glimpse into the future' episode.

And like other similar shows, once the mystery of the glass trees dreams is revealed it may be a letdown or take a lot of the suspense out of the show.

I think I'm getting used to the characters. I dont fall asleep in the middle as much as I used to.
Old 10-24-05, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well, i like that they expanded the "problem" not to include any objects that came into contact with "the sound". this means they have to account for every piece of equipment that has ever played the sound (speakers at the club, pieces of the plane, ship, etc).
Old 10-24-05, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Manco
If the everyone on the jet was infected I wonder why didn't they play the signal to infect the fighter pilot through his headphones or did they? Why not play the signal and infect the air traffic controllers.
That is a good point, maybe they did... maybe the equipment they had showing the plane blowing up could have been infected too?!
Old 10-24-05, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Am I the only one that jumped out of the indentation in my couch when that cat appeared?

Seriously, the characters are selling this show for me so far, so I'm willing to wait out the sluggish plot, but a little trimming of the cast in a seaon ending two-parter would tighten up things a lot.

My first nominee - Mr. Charles S. Dutton. I'm a long time fan of this actor, but I can't tell if his character is poorly written, poorly acted or miscast. He just doesn't seem to get it, and every thing he says sounds like a grave pronouncement, not dialogue, even though I'm siding with him most of the time against Carla's wacky crusade to "save" the infectees.
Old 10-24-05, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I'm glad to see that they downed the jet. They can't save everyone.
Old 10-25-05, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This show started off interesting but is now suffering from the (I guess inevitable) Braga kiss of death. Despite Braga being associated with this show, I watched anyway because of my love for all things Gugino. But now, even Carla can't overcome the Braga curse of mediocrity.

For the life of me, I don't know how this guy continues to have a career...