TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Drawn Together - 10/19/2005 - "The One Wherein There Is A Big Twist (2)"

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-05, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drawn Together - 10/19/2005 - "The One Wherein There Is A Big Twist (2)"

"The One Wherein There Is A Big Twist (2)"

Spoiler:
The conclusion of the cliffhanger involves the cast crash landing on a supposedly deserted island. The cast mates make it back to the house, all except Toot, where they start to interview new roommate possibilities, including Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat video games.

Anyone else really excited about the Season 2 premire? I just picked up Season 1 on DVD and this is a really funny show! I can't wait!
Old 10-19-05, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've watched the entire first season on DVD in the last 5 days or so. Great show, looking forward to actually catching it on CC this season.
Old 10-19-05, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
thank goodness,
Spoiler:
Toot
was the worst part of the show.

I look forward to the many "this show is funny - not, it's not funny" debates this season.
Old 10-19-05, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

OMG my face still hurts from laughing and smiling at this one. I don't understand why so many people hate this show.

All the off-color humor and vulgar use of innocent childhood cartoon favorites are great!

Wilma Flintstone's worm tampon: "It's a living."
Old 10-20-05, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How could anyone see the Speedy Gonzalez part and not laugh their ass off?

Adam Corolla needs to give up his live action show career and just stick with the voiceovers. He's hillarious as Spanky Hamm.

After the horrible episode that ended the first season, I was afraid that the writing had taken a turn for the worse. The second season premiere assured me that the writers have their heads back in the game though.
Old 10-20-05, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
After the horrible episode that ended the first season, I was afraid that the writing had taken a turn for the worse. The second season premiere assured me that the writers have their heads back in the game though.
I give the writers credit in that even though they could have EASILY went all "Lost" for the second season premiere, they didn't.
Old 10-20-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did you notice the Wile E. Coyote-shaped hole in the sand as they were showing the helicopter wreckage on the beach?
Old 10-20-05, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Did you notice the Wile E. Coyote-shaped hole in the sand as they were showing the helicopter wreckage on the beach?
Yep, caught that one also. First I thought it was Bugs Bunny, then I realized what it was.

I wish they would have done more time on the "replacement housemate" interviews. There were so many other very wrong things they could have done.
Old 10-21-05, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wish they would have done more time on the "replacement housemate" interviews. There were so many other very wrong things they could have done.
Yeah, I did like Scorpion on there though.

Xandir: "What's your special move?"
Scorpion: "Get over here!!" *rips spine out*
Old 10-21-05, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I laughed my ass off over this. Hilarious. I'm glad Toot wasn't taken off the show as rumor, she's probably the best character and easily one of the most deliciously disturbing animated characters I've seen. The Scorpion gag was weak, felt a bit like a commercial but the reach-around gag was worth it in the end. I too felt they could have squeezed in another interview or two.

"How old are you Sweetcake, eight?"
"More like eighteen silly! I just taste eight!"

"It's about tapping the teeniest ass possible without setting off an Amber Alert!"

"I CAN DO ANYTHING!"

My favorite parts were the "Previously on.." and "This year on.." segments. From the "This Year" montage it looks like they'll be giving what sounded like the most wrong episode last season another go (which didn't air for obvious reasons, read on). Captain Hero gives Foxy Love a brain tumor spying on her with his X-ray vision causing Foxy to turn into a stereo-typed 20's/30's black cartoon character and Captain Hero falling off a horse becoming a quadriplegic.
Old 10-21-05, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
My favorite parts were the "Previously on.." and "This year on.." segments. From the "This Year" montage it looks like they'll be giving what sounded like the most wrong episode last season another go (which didn't air for obvious reasons, read on). Captain Hero gives Foxy Love a brain tumor spying on her with his X-ray vision causing Foxy to turn into a stereo-typed 20's/30's black cartoon character and Captain Hero falling off a horse becoming a quadriplegic.
Damn! This show doesn't hold back on anything. I'n not sure which goes further, this or South Park.
Old 10-21-05, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn! This show doesn't hold back on anything. I'n not sure which goes further, this or South Park.
Well, the episode was made BEFORE Reeves died but it was scheduled to air a couple weeks after he died so they decided to shelve it. If you watch the first episode of the first season you can see a clip or two of the episode in the "This year on Drawn Together" montage. I'm glad they're actually going to air it because I was more curious at how far they were going to go with Foxy Love.
Old 10-21-05, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts

It looked like Charlie Brown was lying on the beach slumped over too.

Great Episode. I have to watch it again, there's so much stuff going on in the background too.
Old 10-21-05, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I enjoyed the episode. You gotta love a show that parodies Dig Dug.
Old 10-21-05, 12:36 PM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Pretty funny season premiere. I'm liking the second season so far. Lots of cock jokes in this one, for some reason. Weird.

And I can't believe they got away with that "black box" joke.
Old 10-21-05, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scott27
You gotta love a show that parodies Dig Dug.
Amen.
Old 10-21-05, 12:56 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
i still don't like toot.
Old 10-21-05, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
... and Captain Hero falling off a horse becoming a quadriplegic.
That's the ep from season 1 that was never aired, it was pulled after Christopher Reeves died. I guess with how nothing really changes in the show, they can easily take a season 1 ep and insert it in season 2 without changing anything.
Old 10-22-05, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,407 Likes on 1,030 Posts
I'm actually a little surprise this got renewed. I thought my wife and I were the only ones watching it the first season.
Old 10-22-05, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
How did I miss this thead, this was a great episode. I always thought this show sucked but this episode really got me interested.
Old 10-22-05, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Originally Posted by scott27
I've watched the entire first season on DVD in the last 5 days or so.
Did you listen to the commentaries? Pretty funny how they try to get all the female voice talent to tell their "girl on girl" experiences
Old 10-23-05, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Finally got around to watching this episode today. Great stuff. Glad to have this show back.
Old 10-23-05, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
It looked like Charlie Brown was lying on the beach slumped over too.
Yup! I watched it again today and it was him.