Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Stubbs the Zombie Xbox this week!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-05, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stubbs the Zombie Xbox this week!!!

Hey Everyone-

The Xbox version of Stubbs the Zombie is headed to stores this week! 1up.com just gave this game a phenomenal score of 9 out of 10. Thanks goes to the developer, Wideload Games, and publisher, Aspyr for making this wholly original game happen. Please pick it up!!

Eddie Duff
Old 10-17-05, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, it looks decent...I was going to pre-order it, but I didn't. I'll probably rent it. It seems interesting....
Old 10-17-05, 01:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am looking forward to Stubbs too. With Stubbs and FEAR this week and the PS2 version of Resident Evil 4 next week, it feels like Christmas already.
Old 10-17-05, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
I am looking forward to Stubbs too. With Stubbs and FEAR this week and the PS2 version of Resident Evil 4 next week, it feels like Christmas already.
Perfect for the TRU buy 2 get one free sale
Old 10-17-05, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Quite the plant, but no less, good to see it doing well review wise.
Old 10-17-05, 03:21 PM

Not a plant, just a fan--

Eddie Duff
Old 10-17-05, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not sure about the game, but the soundtrack sounds pretty good!
Ben Kweller
The Raveonettes
Death Cab For Cutie
Rose Hill Drive
Cake
The Walkmen
Rogue Wave
The Dandy Warhols
Oranger
The Flaming Lips
Clem Snide
Milton Mapes
Phantom Planet
Old 10-17-05, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by Dutin
Not sure about the game, but the soundtrack sounds pretty good!
Ben Kweller
The Raveonettes
Death Cab For Cutie
Rose Hill Drive
Cake
The Walkmen
Rogue Wave
The Dandy Warhols
Oranger
The Flaming Lips
Clem Snide
Milton Mapes
Phantom Planet
Only heard of 4 of those bands.
Old 10-18-05, 01:45 AM

Play on Hard or Insane!!

From one gamer to another, I would strongly encourage you guys to play this game on either the hard or insane settings. Its more fun by an order of magnitude if you play it on a much harder setting. The easy and normal settings are WAY too easy, and no, I'm not just saying that because I've played through it a million times. Trust me!!

~Chris~
Old 10-18-05, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Fodder1976
From one gamer to another, I would strongly encourage you guys to play this game on either the hard or insane settings. Its more fun by an order of magnitude if you play it on a much harder setting. The easy and normal settings are WAY too easy, and no, I'm not just saying that because I've played through it a million times. Trust me!!

~Chris~

or because you work for them?
Old 10-18-05, 09:52 AM

I do yes, thats no secret, but I just want those that play it to get the best play experience possible. And its night and day (in my opinion) if you play on hard vs. easy!!

Have fun-

~Chris~
Old 10-18-05, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm looking forward to this I read there is a co-op mode. Has anyone tried it yet? How goes it?
Old 10-18-05, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
I'm definitely getting this whenever it comes out (is it today or tomorrow), and I'm looking forward to it VERY much, but my question is how is it different with the different difficulties - I tend to like my games EASY, as I get frustrated easily, and don't like having to repeat things more than twice. Will the harder difficulty frustrate me?
Old 10-18-05, 02:05 PM

Ok, here is why its, in my opinion, a much better idea to play the game on a harder setting.

Easy is exactly as described, easy. Mind numbingly easy. The game is so easy on easy you don't even really have to try. This is intended for the gamer that doesn't like to have to put forth any effort. You can basically take out one or two civilians, convert them to zombies, then let the zombies take out everyone on the map. There is zero effort required.

Normal is a bit better but still, in my opinion, far too easy.

When you get to the hard settings and beyond, the enemies are tough to the point where you are required to actually think about the best way to use your zombies. You have to use stealth and proper zombie management to get through each level, and that is where the game is at its best. You will also be forced to use ALL of Stubbs' abilities, some of which can be easily overlooked on an easier difficulty.

If you are just checking the game out as a rental to see how you feel about it, make sure you at least make it as far as the Police station. This is where the game really starts to get good. The first two are really more tutorial type levels, and all of your abilities are not available to you.

Coop mode is actually really cool. There are some situations presented to you in coop mode that you wont experience in single player mode. Nothing drastically different, just some slightly different approaches to situations that you will notice. I don't want to ruin anything though!
Old 10-18-05, 02:07 PM

Slop-

The game should be widely available tomorrow. I haven't seen it anywhere today yet.

If you are easily frustrated, you may want to give it a go on Normal. On hard and beyond you will probably have to try more than twice at some of the more difficult points in the game.
Old 10-18-05, 02:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slop101
I'm definitely getting this whenever it comes out (is it today or tomorrow), and I'm looking forward to it VERY much, but my question is how is it different with the different difficulties - I tend to like my games EASY, as I get frustrated easily, and don't like having to repeat things more than twice. Will the harder difficulty frustrate me?
I am pretty much the same way. I hate difficult games. Video games are supposed to be fun, and dying over and over again is not fun for me. Games like Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry tend to get broken in half when I play them.
Old 10-18-05, 02:13 PM
Banned

Is the PC version coming out this week too or later on? I don't own an Xbox, so I am getting the PC version. Will there be a demo released for the PC? Also, what are the system requirements?
Old 10-18-05, 02:30 PM

Hey Chris!

Are there any secrets? Or bonuses for beating the game on Insane mode?

Eddie Duff

oh I sent u an email regarding the earlier contest--

Last edited by Campfire; 10-18-05 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-18-05, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good. I'll pick this up by the end of the week.
Old 10-18-05, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I do yes, thats no secret, but I just want those that play it to get the best play experience possible. And its night and day (in my opinion) if you play on hard vs. easy!!

Have fun-

~Chris~
I hope you didn't take that wrong, i was only kidding. IMO the game looks freaking sweet from the trailer and if i had an xbox i would pick this up in a heartbeat
Old 10-19-05, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
been looking forward to this game.
Old 10-19-05, 09:53 AM

I just found out that only the Xbox version comes out today. The PC and MAC versions are lagging behind, and I'm not really sure when they will be out.

Nothing cool happens when you beat the game on insane. But you do get the ego boost and the honor of telling all of your friends and family what you accomplished!

We have an Xbox demo coming out soon, its going to be released with an upcoming magazine. Not sure exactly when yet. No word on a PC demo.
Old 10-19-05, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
I can't find Stubbs ANYWHERE. Every store I checked with only got in one or two copies and sold out immediately.

I didn't know about this game in time to pre-order it, and it seems like retailers didn't know about it either. Bah!
Old 10-19-05, 04:47 PM

proper zombie management
Darn, I took Golf instead of Zombie Management 101 as an elective in college. Maybe there is a cram guide I can get.
Old 10-19-05, 06:37 PM

Hey Slop-

Sorry for your troubles, but I can't say I'm upset to hear that! Heh.

A coworker and I went to our local Best Buy, and they had two left of the 8 they got in today. Maybe try a Best Buy? I think most of them across the country got 7-8 in.

Murray - heh. As a matter of fact, if you pick up the game at Gamestop they are supposed to give you a little mini 'how to deal with Zombies' guide. Maybe that'll do ya.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.