Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk's Review Of Batman Anthology

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-05, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There Review Is Finally Up! http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=18218
Old 10-17-05, 12:16 AM
Video Gamer Reviewers

Old 10-17-05, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Excellent summary.
Old 10-17-05, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Really through, that's what I wanted. Still I'm only getting Batman and Returns.
Old 10-17-05, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Great review! I can't wait to pick this up tomorrow (and then try to find time to watch it all!).
Old 10-17-05, 10:13 PM

I am curious if the changed shot from the original DVD release been fixed on the new DVD release. Here's a summary of the change on the original DVD release that I copied and pasted from another Web site:

The Region-1 DVD actually contains two different versions of the film. The fullscreen version is the theatrical version, the widescreen version has one brief shot replaced. It is a small scene near the end at 1:14:06 just before Batman fights the Joker in the Clocktower. In the fullscreen version Vicki Vale gets a disgusted look when she kisses the Jokers jacket and pulls a lint out of her mouth, however in the widescreen version she really seems to like it.

Again, this was on the original 1997 DVD release of Batman. Does anybody know if this change remains in the new DVD release?

Thanks!

Randall
Old 10-18-05, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, nice review. I've not as enamored with the first four films as I am with Begins, but I may upgrade my old versions of these discs when the DDD sale rolls around.
Old 10-19-05, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got it today. I'm only through half the special features on disc 2 of the first film - and I can telll you that YES, it is very much worth picking up! If you are a Batman fan - it's a MUST own & upgrade.

Picture and sound quality just kill the original release versions. I did a side by side with scenes of BATMAN, and the original release looks like a VHS copy compared to the new DVD.

I think it's really worth investing in the set over going for individual movies, especially if you are going to pick up all 4, as it's also cheaper. I got mine at FYE - it was $56.99 with a $15 rebate (and I got an extra 10% off with their Backstage Pass program, too) - as opposed to $79.96 that it would have cost to buy all 4 individually (plus $20 total rebate, $5 x4). Plus, you get the cool outer slipcase, too. And, even if you're not a fan of BATMAN & ROBIN (film #4), but were going for the other 3, this way, it's like you're getting it for free.
Old 10-19-05, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I picked up the boxset today. More than anything, I was curious about the transfers. Wow! HUGE IMPROVEMENT over the originals.