Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

question regarding HD TV Mitsubishi 1080 HD

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-05, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi guys I have a 65" Mitsubishi 1080 HD model #ws65807. I currently have digital comcast without HD because they have not yet upgraded our arear with both Hd and DVR.

Well I have been waiting for quite awhile and cant get a set answer on a rollout timetable PLUS my bill has almost doubled in the past 12 months so it has sent me shopping and comparing Dish network and Direct Tv.

so my question is does anyone know what kind of reciever I need to view HD programming on the TV above. Will the Dishnet recievers with built in HD and DVR be enough OR do I need two receivers one to accept and one to read.

I am excited to upgrade and like a lot of the HD programming but dont want to waste cash for something I cant truly enjoy.
Old 10-16-05, 04:18 PM

If you go with dish, all you need is one box. You can go with the 811, 1 tuner, no dvr. The 921 ( I think it's discontinued) 2 tuners, with dvr. Also the 942, dual tuner dvr for 2 tvs, with the 1st tv being hd and the second being standard.

The 811 you can get free when you sign up. The 942 you have to lease at a price of $250 or purchase
Old 10-16-05, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Same with DirecTV, one box. There is a basic box, called the H10, being replaced anytime now with the H20. Then there's the HD Tivo DVR, which is the industry standard that all other DVRs are compared against. I'm not positive on cost right now since they change it so often, but I think it's close to free for the basic model and either $299 or $499 for the Tivo.

Dish would almost certainly be cheaper than anyone else per month for your programming. DirecTV is quite probably cheaper than your cable company. But you'd have to compare for what channels you want and what your local cable company charges.