DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Pioneer DVD player won't turn on anymore

oh_DVD
10-15-05, 03:29 PM
I've moved out from one apartment to another one and now when I wanted to turn my DVD player on, it won't do anything. It's dead.
It happened before, when I moved out again about 2 years ago and I had to take it to the repair shop. The tech said he had to load some software, but I don't believe him because that doesn't have anything to do with the power.
I wonder if those Pioneer DVD players are very sesitive on moves. I don't believe I shook it or busted it.
What can I do?

Brian Shannon
10-17-05, 05:08 PM
Well if it wont turn on and it does not have a fuse that can be replaced, then it needs to be repaired. Most likely the repair would cost more than replacing it.

Pwman
10-18-05, 02:08 AM
Make sure the outlet its plugged into is live. This just happened to me at the new house I just bought. There's a wall switch that controls an outlet and it was turned off. I thought I would mention it, since you are in a new place also.

SINGLE104
10-18-05, 02:19 PM
Make sure the outlet its plugged into is live. This just happened to me at the new house I just bought. There's a wall switch that controls an outlet and it was turned off. I thought I would mention it, since you are in a new place also.

This is a great possibility. Try to plug in another appliance, or anything electric operated in that same outlet and see if it'll work, and if not, that specific outlet is not live, and it must be turned on.