Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Sevendust - Next

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-05, 08:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sevendust - Next 10/11/05

Sevendust's new album "Next" came out today. They have a new guitarist and are on a new recording label. Anybody heard the full album? I only heard the clips on iTunes. Even though I'm a big fan of the band, I wasn't too impressed by what I heard. They seem to have gotten heavier (a result of the new guitarist?) and a couple of the songs sound very similar to songs on "Seasons".

Tracklisting:
1. Hero
2. Ugly
3. Pieces
4. Silence
5. This Life
6. Failure
7. See and Believe
8. Shadows In Red
9. The Last Song
10. Desertion
11. Never

Last edited by Ghostface180; 10-11-05 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-12-05, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
If it sounds like Home, I'm down. If it sounds like the rest, I'll pass.
Old 10-12-05, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Their first two was great, but when Aminosity came out they were degressing instead of progressing. Not to thrilled with what I heard anyway-same old same old.

Try the new Shinedown, "Us and Them" album its excellent.
Old 10-12-05, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Zodiac_Speaking
Their first two was great, but when Aminosity came out they were degressing instead of progressing. Not to thrilled with what I heard anyway-same old same old.

Try the new Shinedown, "Us and Them" album its excellent.
I agree with you on the first two albums being their best, but I happen to like Animosity as well. It defintely has been downhill since then though. I've listened to the new album several times, but I really can't get into it.
Old 10-12-05, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mndtrp
If it sounds like Home, I'm down. If it sounds like the rest, I'll pass.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 10-12-05, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a huge 7Dust fan so I haven't been objective in reviewing their work but I can say I've liked all the albums. 7Dust was my first rock band and like they say nothing is ever as good as your first. The first 2 were awesome and I've liked the other 3. I love the guitar line for the Seasons song but I can agree that their last 2 real albums have been inferior to the first 2. I've only spun Next a couple time but it seems like they've gotten back to their roots, woohoo!! But I can also see where they've learned some from their last couple of albums. Lajon has the best voice hands down IMO.

I do have a question for everyone who has actually purchased this album. Does anyone else notice that CD quality is not as good as other CDs these days. When I go back and listen to older CDs they sound muffled. My copy of Next seems to be the same way. Just curious if it's just me.