DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : 2005 Fantasy Football Week 6 Advice Thread

LorenzoL
10-11-05, 05:29 AM
Post your questions, comments or concerns for this week matchups.

chrisih8u
10-11-05, 09:29 AM
I guess I should post all of my trade proposals here before approving/denying. :lol:

What is this guy thinking? He offers me Domanick Davis and Ashley Lelie for Kevin Jones and Andre Johnson. But 10 minutes later, he cancels the trade proposal. But this morning, he emails me and asks if I would do Fred Taylor or Domanick Davis and Ashley Lelie for Kevin Jones and Andre Johnson.

Seems to me that Davis is better than Kevin Jones and Lelie is better than Andre Johnson, who is hurt and who I also hate.

gmal2003
10-11-05, 09:29 AM
Which DEF would you go with:

Detroit's (vs. Panthers)
Seattle's (vs. Houston)
Minnesota's (at Chicago)

Im leaning towards Seattle as Houston gives up alot of sacks.

Which RB would you start:
Mike Anderson (vs. New England)
Curtis Martin (at Buffalo)

Im leaning towards towards Martin since Tatum Bell is sharing carries with Anderson.

chrisih8u
10-11-05, 09:31 AM
Which DEF would you go with:

Detroit's (vs. Panthers)
Seattle's (vs. Houston)
Minnesota's (at Chicago)

Im leaning towards Seattle as Houston gives up alot of sacks.

Which RB would you start:
Mike Anderson (vs. New England)
Curtis Martin (at Buffalo)

Im leaning towards towards Martin since Tatum Bell is sharing carries with Anderson.

Im picking up Minnesota's D this week. (Philly on bye) So go with them. :)

And I would go with Martin.

cdollaz
10-11-05, 09:48 AM
Bah! First Javon Walker goes down and now I just lost Deuce McAlister for the year.

Mr. Cinema
10-11-05, 09:54 AM
To try and compensate for my depleted WR group (Joe Horn, Darrell Jackson, Braylon Edwards), I offered a guy Ronnie Brown for Derrick Mason. He's loaded at the WR position and has 3rd down backs as his starters. I hope he takes it. I have Jamal Lewis and Kevin Jones and DeShaun Foster, so I can spare Brown. He's having a solid rookie year, but I think Ricky Williams will start to steal carries this weekend.

Red Dog
10-11-05, 10:37 AM
That's a horrible trade for you. Why would you want a WR on an offense that sucks? You should be able to do better than that.

cleaver
10-11-05, 10:57 AM
Jesse Chatman traded to the Saints, should be starting by November, everyone go pick him up!

Added: and vote for me in the TV Talk draft. I'm losing because everyone likes Arrested Development Season 2 more than Simpsons Season 5.

taa455
10-11-05, 11:16 AM
I'm starting the Seahawks D this week. They will clean up!

peabrain
10-11-05, 11:19 AM
Dilema here...

I have Culpepper and Vick as my QBs. Culpepper has been anything but reliable where Vick is most likely going to play this week. Vick is playing against the Saint where Culpepper is playing against a fairly tough DST this year, Chicago. Both are away.

Who do I start? Hmmm...

I will ask a few more questions later. I have a decent team this year in my primary league but the QB position is one to be desired. Thanks.

Big Quasimodo
10-11-05, 11:45 AM
chrisih8u - Dom Davis is more valuable in pts/rec. I think this guy is hoping to "buy low" on KJ and AJ. Depending on your scoring system, I might let him!

gmal - agree with your picks.

Mr. Cinema - I would take your trade if you offered it to me. Brown is nice.

peabrain - Vick if he plays.

Deftones
10-11-05, 11:50 AM
So, I have Dominick Davis, McGahee, Droughns and Bell.

I gotta pick between Droughns and Bell. They both had good games, but Bell had over 100 yards and 2 TDs. I'm leaning towards him this week.

Red Dog
10-11-05, 11:58 AM
Shanahan once again is going to torture people with his RBs. :lol:

fujishig
10-11-05, 12:26 PM
So here's Stallworth's production so far:

Week 1: 4.70
Week 2: 14.10
Week 3: 0.00 (and he did "play" in the game)
Week 4: 12.90
Week 5: .60

See, my problem was that I was looking at the matchups and other stuff (hmm... week 5 vs a weak GB secondary, with Horn out... should be a big day, right?). Instead, I should've looked at whether it was an even or odd week.

Anyway, here's my 3rd WR dillemma:
D. Stallworth (Atl)
Randle El (Jac)
Stokley (StL)

Favre has an off week, so for the first time since week 1 I won't have to agonize about whether to start him or Palmer. But for my 2nd RB, I have to choose between:

T. Jones (Min) if he's not hurt
L. Jordan (SD)

Mr. Cinema
10-11-05, 02:57 PM
That's a horrible trade for you. Why would you want a WR on an offense that sucks? You should be able to do better than that.
He has 27 catches in 4 games. My league includes pts for receptions. Is there a better WR than Mason that could I get for a rookie RB? I can't think of many.

Mr. Cinema
10-11-05, 03:11 PM
Dilema here...

I have Culpepper and Vick as my QBs. Culpepper has been anything but reliable where Vick is most likely going to play this week. Vick is playing against the Saint where Culpepper is playing against a fairly tough DST this year, Chicago. Both are away.

Who do I start? Hmmm...

I will ask a few more questions later. I have a decent team this year in my primary league but the QB position is one to be desired. Thanks.
I wouldn't start Culpepper until he shows alot of consistency, which he hasn't done at all this year.

bishop2knight
10-11-05, 03:14 PM
I'm first in the waiver wire. I've got to dump Davenport. Do I pick up Tony Fisher with the Packers, or Ant. Smith or Aaron Stecker from the Saints? Anyone know which Saint is going to start?

El Scorcho
10-11-05, 03:22 PM
guns, pills, or razor blade

which method should I use after losing mccallister for the year?

Daryl
10-11-05, 03:24 PM
guns, pills, or razor blade

which method should I use after losing mccallister for the year?
whatever you choose, let me know. I lost my third game this year by less than 1 point. This year (in different leagues) I have losses by .95, .75, and .1

Red Dog
10-11-05, 03:38 PM
He has 27 catches in 4 games. My league includes pts for receptions. Is there a better WR than Mason that could I get for a rookie RB? I can't think of many.

The pt/recept makes it different. Still, I think you might be able to do better than Mason, even with Ganjaman on the horizon.

D_LO
10-11-05, 06:26 PM
my QBs are Culpepper and Ferroete(sp?) with Dilfer, McCown on the FA

should i stick with C-Pep or try and start one of the three? i also have McMicheal and Fitzgerald

Deftones
10-11-05, 07:49 PM
Cards have a bye this upcoming week, so starting McCown and Fitzgerald might be a bit risky.

LorenzoL
10-11-05, 08:42 PM
I have Culpepper and McCown as my QBs. A guy from my league has offered me P. Manning for McCown in a straight up deal.

I'm tempted to accept this deal in order to turn around and trade either Culpepper or Manning for help at WR or RB. I need help in both areas badly.

Will you guys make this trade?

D_LO
10-11-05, 08:46 PM
Cards have a bye this upcoming week, so starting McCown and Fitzgerald might be a bit risky.

sorry i forgot to say it wasnt for this week in particular

NotThatGuy
10-11-05, 10:16 PM
F'ing Stallworthless.....should I bench him this week or give him another week. He seems to alternate games for sucking. Next game should be a good game for him....but god only knows.

Collins over Brees this week....right?

-p

Starters
QB: K. Collins (Oak - QB) vs SD
WR: M. Harrison (Ind - WR) vs StL
WR: K. McCardell (SD - WR) vs Oak
WR: A. Randle El (Pit - WR) vs Jac
RB: P. Holmes (KC - RB) vs Was
RB: T. Barber (NYG - RB) vs Dal
TE: A. Crumpler (Atl - TE) vs NO
W/R: K. Curtis (StL - WR) vs Ind

K: J. Reed (Pit - K) vs Jac
Chicago (Chi - DEF) vs Min

Bench
BN: D. Brees (SD - QB) vs Oak
BN: D. Stallworth (NO - WR) vsAtl
BN: M. Pittman (TB - RB) vs Mia
BN: N. Burleson (Min - WR) vs Chi
BN: B. Engram (Sea - WR) vs Hou
BN: B. Jacobs (NYG - RB) vs Dal
BN: M. Faulk (StL - RB) vs Ind
BN: Philadelphia (Phi - DEF) vs Bye

brkhrt7
10-11-05, 11:20 PM
I have Culpepper and McCown as my QBs. A guy from my league has offered me P. Manning for McCown in a straight up deal.

I'm tempted to accept this deal in order to turn around and trade either Culpepper or Manning for help at WR or RB. I need help in both areas badly.

Will you guys make this trade?

I'd jump on that trade before he sobers up in the morning.

LurkerDan
10-12-05, 12:20 AM
What???????????????

If I was the commissioner I wouldn't let that trade happen. Can't believe you're even asking for advice on that one.

dave-o
10-12-05, 01:34 AM
What???????????????

If I was the commissioner I wouldn't let that trade happen. Can't believe you're even asking for advice on that one.

Seriously, the person who offered that trade should hand in his fantasy credentials and be forced to retire forever.

Ped- your lineup looks pretty solid. I would definitely bench Stallworthless. In fact, I would dump him and ban him from my team. Even if he does do well this week, do you want the headache? Best to wash your hands of him and be done with it. Brees and Collins are actually both good plays this week. but I am guessing that SD will get to an early lead, forcing Collins to throw more and Brees to hand off more to LT. So I would stick with what you have set right now.

LorenzoL
10-12-05, 07:24 AM
What???????????????

:lol: I know, trust me I'm still in shock about that.

B.A.
10-12-05, 08:20 AM
Since I wasn't the first guy in my league on the waiver wire (because I won for the second week in a row!), I wasn't able to get Antowain Smith when I drop McAllister. So now I am trying to pick up Stecker and see if it works out.

And I offered a guy Laverneous Coles for Kevin Jones. I'm hoping Jones heats up the last couple of months of the season like he did last year (despite the concussion).

the_dude8
10-12-05, 12:09 PM
Starter
QB:
J. delhomme
M. Schaub

WR
E. Kennison
D. stallworth

RB
E. James
C. Dillon

TE
Gates

BN
J.horn-wr
A. Johnson-wr
T. bell-rb
D. Graham-te
E. moulds

who should i start in my WR slots?

should i drop A. Johnson and pick up Drew bennett?

Mr. Cinema
10-12-05, 02:41 PM
Joe Horn said he will start Sunday. I have him, so I hope he does because most of my WRs are injured.

You could get by with Kennison and Horn. McNair is playing well this year, so Bennett wouldn't be a bad pickup. Houston's offensive line is killing David Carr and Andre Johnson. I'd say let him go.

LurkerDan
10-12-05, 02:43 PM
Fred Taylor against Pitt's great run D or Willie Parker against Jacksonville's not-as-good run D?

Big Quasimodo
10-12-05, 03:06 PM
Fred Taylor

chrisih8u
10-12-05, 07:18 PM
Cadillac vs Miami, Kevin Jones vs Carolina, or Tatum Bell vs NE? The Carolina and Miami run defenses are very good. NE's run D is fairly mediocre, but Bell is going to split carries. Cadillac is still dinged up and Kevin Jones had a concussion last week.

fujishig
10-12-05, 07:24 PM
Isn't Caddilac out this week as well?

chrisih8u
10-12-05, 08:29 PM
Isn't Caddilac out this week as well?

He's officially questionable, but practiced today. So he might play. He hasnt been ruled out.

SpacemanSpiff
10-12-05, 11:52 PM
do i start lamont jordan vs san diego at home
or rudi johnson at tenn

taa455
10-13-05, 08:13 AM
Rudi

SpacemanSpiff
10-13-05, 09:11 AM
really?? i was leaning towards lamont
specially since sds pass d is so weak they are goin to double moss

hmm tough choice

deadlax
10-13-05, 09:51 AM
i'm pretty sure SD has not allowed a single 100yd rusher all year. They also have only given up one rushing touchdown, last week to the Bus, with 1st and goal form the 1.

gimmepilotwings
10-13-05, 10:25 AM
Bah! First Javon Walker goes down and now I just lost Deuce McAlister for the year.

Yep. Same here. My other 2 high picks, Jamal Lewis and Tony Gonzalez have played like crap this year. I am suprised that I have been able to win a game this year.

Mr. Cinema
10-13-05, 11:45 AM
really?? i was leaning towards lamont
specially since sds pass d is so weak they are goin to double moss

hmm tough choice
I would start Jordan. I think this will be a high scoring game and Jordan should get alot of yards, both running and receiving.

Plus, he doesn't have to split carries. Chris Perry is taking some from Rudi.

SpacemanSpiff
10-13-05, 12:54 PM
rudi hasnt scored in like 3 weeks too, pissin me off

Big Quasimodo
10-14-05, 02:12 AM
Fred Taylor

Now I am reading he has been downgraded to ?

deadlax
10-14-05, 10:31 AM
Should I start: Corey Dillon or Cadillac Williams (if he plays) at my flex RB, and Deion Branch, Brandon Stokley, or Eddie Kennison as my 2nd WR?

Red Dog
10-14-05, 10:45 AM
Williams and Branch.

fujishig
10-14-05, 03:03 PM
Ok, so are we going to find out if Holt is good to go by Sunday? If anyone is starting Holt this week, I'd think about picking up even a backup reciever from Indy or St. Louis just in case he's unable to go as a game-time decision, since otherwise you'll be stuck with a big goose egg for him.

Looks like I'll be sticking with Stallworth as my 3rd reciever, reserving Stokley for emergency start duties in case Holt is out. I can't in good conscience start Az Hakim when it looks like Batch will be throwing the ball to him. My only hope is that Stallworth continues his on-again off-again trend, because this should be an "on" week for him. Without Deuce the Saints HAVE to throw the ball, right?

~~ PAL ~~
10-14-05, 03:41 PM
Fred Taylor against Pitt's great run D or Willie Parker against Jacksonville's not-as-good run D?

Fred Taylor is hurt, so you better go with Parker. Neither back will do much this week, but you'll still get more points with Willie Parker.

NotThatGuy
10-14-05, 11:01 PM
Ped- your lineup looks pretty solid. I would definitely bench Stallworthless. In fact, I would dump him and ban him from my team. Even if he does do well this week, do you want the headache? Best to wash your hands of him and be done with it. Brees and Collins are actually both good plays this week. but I am guessing that SD will get to an early lead, forcing Collins to throw more and Brees to hand off more to LT. So I would stick with what you have set right now.

Thanks.

I'm hoping for a 48-47 shootout....but i'll settle for 35-32. ;)

I need to get back on a streak, i've lost 2 of my last 3 (literally 1/3 of my team was on a bye last week, and did not held my cause) I went from being 30pts ahead of the next guy after the first week or two in my league, and now i'm 3rd of 4th....which is why I gotta run up the score.

-p

Hubcap
10-15-05, 07:43 AM
anyone know if carnell williams is going to play this week. Im leary of putting him in my starting lineup.

chrisih8u
10-15-05, 08:38 AM
anyone know if carnell williams is going to play this week. Im leary of putting him in my starting lineup.

He's still officially questionable, but he did practice this week. He's going to be a game time decision. If you cant check back in your league Sunday morning, Id leave him out just to be safe.

Red Dog
10-15-05, 10:41 AM
Horn has practiced 3 straight days, so hopefully that is a good sign that he will start.

Mr. Cinema
10-15-05, 12:27 PM
It does appear he will start. I'm so glad, at least I'll have 1 pro bowl receiver in the lineup. With so many injuries, I'm again forced to start 2 waiver pickups. Eric Parker from the Chargers, and rookie Chris Henry from the Bengals. He had a big game against a tough Jags D last week, 85 yds 1 td. He's got a good matchup this week against a not so good Tennessee defense.

kyzersoze11
10-15-05, 05:45 PM
im thinking of what to do this week

my running backs are
julius jones
willie parker (starting)
ricky williams
anthony thomas

who should i start between julis, ricky, or anthony i can only pick 1

my first pick would be julius, but is he playing for sure

Mr. Cinema
10-15-05, 07:34 PM
Jones hasn't practiced the last 3 days, so I bet he misses. I wouldn't start Anthony Thomas under any circumstances. Which leaves Ricky Williams. With Ronnie Brown running well, not sure how many touches Williams will get.

Red Dog
10-16-05, 11:20 AM
Anything definitive on Horn?

chrisih8u
10-16-05, 11:34 AM
Anything definitive on Horn?

Not really, but he promised to play. Whatever thats worth.

chrisih8u
10-16-05, 11:36 AM
Rotoworld says Cadillac is unlikely to play today. :(

Mr. Cinema
10-16-05, 11:56 AM
Every site and show I've watched says Horn is starting. I have him in there.

He's practiced all week, which is a good sign.

EDIT: Mortensen just said on NFL Countdown that Joe Horn is playing today

moorehed
10-16-05, 11:58 AM
any official word on DILLON yet? i have a nasty RB situation going on right now. I just picked up Pearman who will get my start @ W/R. I have dillon and Thompson... currently have dillon slotted in at RB.

chrisih8u
10-16-05, 12:07 PM
No word on Dillon not starting. But it is a 4pm game.

Red Dog
10-16-05, 12:10 PM
Every site and show I've watched says Horn is starting. I have him in there.

He's practiced all week, which is a good sign.

EDIT: Mortensen just said on NFL Countdown that Joe Horn is playing today

I just saw that too. :thumbsup:

HistoryProf
10-16-05, 12:14 PM
Warrick Dunn or Kevin Jones?

Red Dog
10-16-05, 12:16 PM
If you get decent pts for yardage, I'd go with Dunn.

HistoryProf
10-16-05, 12:18 PM
yeah...that's the shitty part...only 1pt per 20 yds....so he'll likely get 140 yards, but Ducket steals the touchdowns....still, it's NO, so a long TD is entirely probable. I benched KJ last week for him though and got burnt.

In another: Aaron Stecker or Willie Parker? same scoring but with ppr.

Red Dog
10-16-05, 12:28 PM
Not playing acc'd to John Clayton on ESPN Radio:

J. Jones
D. Foster
Roy Williams
C. Williams
Hines Ward

Thomas Jones will start today.

hail2dking
10-16-05, 12:48 PM
last minute advice:

D. Bennett
A. Bryant
D. Stallworth

I only need one

HistoryProf
10-16-05, 12:52 PM
Bennett....

I think Bryant is inactive for some reason....

Red Dog
10-16-05, 12:59 PM
Bennett is a good call, although if Tenn has success today, I think it will be on the ground.

LurkerDan
10-16-05, 02:25 PM
I think Bryant is inactive for some reason....
huh?

B.A.
10-16-05, 02:33 PM
At least Griese was able to pass for a TD before I lost him for the day. :(

And I've lucked out w/ Chris Perry so far. :beer:

Mr. Cinema
10-16-05, 02:38 PM
I think it's safe to say my 4 game winning streak is coming to an end.

Because of injuries/byes, I have Chris Henry and Eric Parker starting with Joe Horn. Horn has 0 catches, probably got re-injured. Everyone on the entire Bengals roster has caught a pass today EXCEPT Henry. Eric Parker....well, no excuse needed.

Kevin Jones is now injured and probably won't return. LJ Smith is on a bye, and I bet Daniel Graham doesn't have a repeat of last week. This is gonna be a looooong day.

Not to mention the fact that my opponent has Randy Moss, Santana Moss, Priest Holmes, and has lucked up with Antowain Smith.

moorehed
10-16-05, 02:52 PM
any updates on dillon?

chrisih8u
10-16-05, 03:02 PM
any updates on dillon?

Still no word that he's out. I think we would have heard by now.

chrisih8u
10-16-05, 03:37 PM
Dillon is officially active.

deadlax
10-16-05, 04:29 PM
Dillon isn't playing. Great.

moorehed
10-16-05, 04:33 PM
yeah i'm fucked.

LorenzoL
10-16-05, 05:04 PM
I officially hate Daunte Culpepper.

B.A.
10-16-05, 06:16 PM
I am getting cremated for the third time in four weeks. I'll end up scoring well over a hundred points, yet I am playing someone who will be approaching 175 easily. It's frustrating - I'll be 2-4 after today. :mad2:

fujishig
10-16-05, 06:52 PM
So both Chester Taylor (Balt., Jamal Lewis starting) and Chris Perry (Bengals, Rudi Johnson starting) have big days today. Anyone think they have a chance of starting soon?

deadlax
10-16-05, 08:11 PM
Scored 117 points, second most points in the league by 25, and I'm going to lose to go to 2-4. Dillon not playing killed me, because I have Cadillac and Pittman on my bench and would have subbed him in if it didn't say that he was definitely going to be active, as well as the four times or so last year he was listed as questionable playing the late game, and went off for 20+ points.

moorehed
10-16-05, 08:49 PM
yeah, i had dillon and also had pass on my bench. woulda def. started pass for +20 points :-/ boo!!!

after this week i will be the highest point scorer in my league, and i will be 3-3.

Boot
10-16-05, 09:56 PM
I am getting cremated for the third time in four weeks. I'll end up scoring well over a hundred points, yet I am playing someone who will be approaching 175 easily. It's frustrating - I'll be 2-4 after today. :mad2:

<-- exact same situation.

It's really frustrating, isn't it?

B.A.
10-16-05, 11:16 PM
<-- exact same situation.

It's really frustrating, isn't it?Hell yes, it is. The only bad season I have ever had was my first year, but the last three or four have gone really good (I lost the championship last year). And now it looks like I don't have a chance in hell of even finishing .500 this season. Not a damn thing is going my way, and it's been like that since day one. I've already lost two starters for the season, and it just keeps getting worse. :lol:

:(

HistoryProf
10-17-05, 01:45 AM
huh?
:shrug: someone had posted on a ff site that he was...but the traffic on all of them was slowing everything down and I couldn't find a straight answer....but either way no one would have wanted him the lineup today after all ;)

D_LO
10-17-05, 02:03 AM
I officially hate Daunte Culpepper.

:hairpull:

Deftones
10-17-05, 11:27 AM
Man, I eeked out another win w/o using Tatum Bell. Son of a bitch had a great game against the Pats. I think I need to start playing him. Thank you ATL defense. :rock2:

Started 0-3, now I'm 3-3. :banana: