Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The Cardigans - Super Extra Gravity - 10/25/05

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 10-10-05, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...in Canada. No US release dates. In UK and Europe it's 10/17/05.

I heard it briefly on NME.COM (it's gone now though), and it sounds great! An extension of their Long Gone Before Daylight Sound, but with more dynamism. Really liked the first song and that Good Morning Joan song. Will be picking it up for sure, considering their great last album and what I've heard so far.
Old 10-11-05, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm thinking of getting this from CDWow. Free shipping from overseas and it comes with a bonus DVD for under $20.

Does the Canada release have the DVD? Cost?
Old 10-11-05, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Any idea of when we might get a US release?

I want the dvd too, but don't have a region free anymore and don't want another.
Old 10-11-05, 12:56 AM

If it's anything like their last CD, which came out a YEAR later in the US, I'd suggest you get the UK version, which also has two extra bonus tracks. I don't think the Canadian disc has the extra tracks, but I'm not 100% sure.

You can also preview some stuff at their website: http://www.cardigans.com/
Old 10-11-05, 09:36 AM

Been listening to the album this morning, and I like it a lot. I wasn't initially blown away by Long Gone Before Daylight after the first couple listens, maybe because it wasn't the sound I was expecting from the Cardigans, but grew to love it. Super Extra Gravity is more of the same, just with a more rock edge to it.
Old 11-03-05, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Been spinning some songs on my radio show.

Love "I Need Some Fine Wine And You, You Need To Be Nicer". [the title alone is cool]
Old 11-03-05, 08:02 PM

I am completely in love with this cd. Long Gone was a grower for me, and so is this one. But with each listen, I liked it a little more, then loved it a little more. It is amazing to me how far they are removed from a guest shot on 90210 singing "Lovefool".

I also recommend the UK version, if for no other reason than the bonus track, "Give Me Your Eyes."
Old 11-04-05, 11:26 AM

I'm really puzzled as to why their strongest song in the album is relegated to bonus track.
Old 11-04-05, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Grimfarrow
I'm really puzzled as to why their strongest song in the album is relegated to bonus track.
I feel the same way, but I guess music is just that subjective. I remember Jonatha Brooke's Steady Pull album had a Borders-only release that included some bonus tracks, and I felt that "What We Are" was one of the strongest songs.

Old 01-20-06, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't understand how they can put out such great music and be ignored here? I really liked there pop sound from Life and all, but this music has some real soul to it. I just wish more people would listen to it here so they would tour here as I have yet to see them live.
Old 01-20-06, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That reminds me that I still haven't bought this. I won an auction on eBay and an hour after I got an email from eBay saying he was being suspended. The guy's back but I'm still worried.
Old 10-06-06, 06:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A little bump for this, as I just noticed this was officially released in the States on the 19th of September! Those of you waiting for it, it's out now if you didn't know already!
-ringding-
Old 10-06-06, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I still say pick it up from CDWOW for a shipped price under $14 and it comes with a bonus DVD.
Old 10-10-06, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

speaking of the cardigans, i prefer the sound they had on 'gran turismo'. Can anyone recommend any bands with a similar sound to "Erase/Rewind" and "Do You Believe" from that album