Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Battlestar Galactica Season One DVD Question

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 10-09-05, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What Opening Credits Sequence Does The U.S. DVD Use. The U.K Theme or the U.S Theme?
Old 10-09-05, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The U.K.
Old 10-09-05, 11:05 AM

Thank You
Old 10-09-05, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 181 Posts
Ummm... I believe only the Best Buy exclusive box set that was missing the original miniseries uses the UK opening. The wide release version uses the US opening.
Old 10-09-05, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

what is the difference between the 2. I personally dont like the opening sequence where it shows you a montage of what happens in the episode. I find its too much of a spoiler.
Old 10-09-05, 01:40 PM

The only real difference is that there is a soft humming sound and slightly different music over the UK credit sequence. That's it. Season 2 has the UK version also.
Old 10-09-05, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dazed
what is the difference between the 2. I personally dont like the opening sequence where it shows you a montage of what happens in the episode. I find its too much of a spoiler.
The wide release version does indeed have the spoilerific opening credits but it would be a real shame if you passed on that excellent set just because of the opening credits. The regular release version has more extras than the UK (Best Buy exclusive) version.

If you don't like the spoilers, press the skip button as soon as the opening credits start (not until they start though, as each episode starts off with a brief opener before going into the song). The next chapter starts off exactly after the opening credits.
Old 10-09-05, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dazed
I find these montages go by fairly quickly and dont reveal enough to spoil anything for me. In fact I like them for the fact that it adds more anticipation to the episode for how it will play out.
Old 10-10-05, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Heartagram
I find these montages go by fairly quickly and dont reveal enough to spoil anything for me. In fact I like them for the fact that it adds more anticipation to the episode for how it will play out.
I agree.....at first I hated them but I've grown to love the intro montage because it makes me very anxious to see the ep.