Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Adam Carolla Project starts 10/04...

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

It's on TLC. Looks like it should be a pretty good show.

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/ad...ck=tlc_leftnav
Old 10-04-05, 05:01 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally!!! Mr. Birchum gets his own show. I can't wait.
Old 10-04-05, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's up against Boston Legal.
Old 10-04-05, 06:38 PM

If he's as funny as he is on his Comedy Central Show, I'd rather watch HGTV. He can be funny, but his comedic timing is often off, and he lets unfunny jokes continue thinking people will laugh eventually.

He's good on Loveline, but I don't get it. He was radio groupie who they brought in to train Kimmel for a boxing stunt in LA and went from there. I don't know how his name got thrown in for replacing Howard.
Old 10-04-05, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

hes okay, most of the jokes always sound the same.
Old 10-06-05, 09:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Did anyone watch this? I found myself pleasantly suprised, really enjoyed it.. They replayed it at midnight or something, so I just taped that episode instead and avoided any conflicts.
Old 10-07-05, 11:25 AM

Sounds cool, i realy like most of adams work especially loveline. I didnt even har of this show. Im gonna watch the next episode.
Old 10-07-05, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk God

I liked it. I was surprised that Adam wasn't doing alot of the work, but I guess that's to be expected since he's got other stuff going on. I'll continue to watch.
Old 10-07-05, 05:47 PM

I am an adamant Adam Carolla fan. If you really listen to his radio, he is incredibly insightful and probably one of the top 3 improve guys..but, he is horrible in front of a crowd. He is not a comedian, in the normal sense, which makes him bad on TV. Too Late is a bad show. One of the things he always says is that what makes a great show or great producer is surrounding yourself with good people. Too Late doesn't seen to have any talent but himself.

After the first episode of this though, the quality difference between the two shows is clear. It is well directed and edited. The writing is much better. And the difference in comfort level between Adam is amazing. He is in his element, and while it is certainly not a 'comedy' show, it is much much more entertaining. He shouldn't have even bothered with Too Late and just done this. I just hope it keeps up the entertainment value and doesn't' get repetitive.
Old 10-08-05, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I like this and I also like too late, but I think he needs to tweak his formula on the show more. His best Too Late shows have been with his friends on it, the show is much better when he has good chemistry with the guest.
Old 10-08-05, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I thought the first show was enjoyable.

I think his car is one of the main stars of the show.

And look for his assistant to be a breakout character worthy of his own show. "How to Be Gay and Dress Like It".

Nothing wrong with that of course but boy is he over the top. Those capri pants he sports are something.
Old 10-09-05, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ovid
I am an adamant Adam Carolla fan. If you really listen to his radio, he is incredibly insightful and probably one of the top 3 improve guys..but, he is horrible in front of a crowd. He is not a comedian, in the normal sense, which makes him bad on TV. Too Late is a bad show.
Have you noticed that they got rid of the live audience on Too Late. I think it actually works better for Adams type of humor because he can just riff like he does when he is on the radio...not expecting or waiting for the audience to respond.
Old 10-12-05, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was so proud that I knew the assistant was wearing searsucker pants.

He's paid $3-4 Million in taxes in the last four years? It's amazing the money that people get from cable shows.
Old 10-12-05, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
I was so proud that I knew the assistant was wearing searsucker pants.

He's paid $3-4 Million in taxes in the last four years? It's amazing the money that people get from cable shows.
That's one of the many reasons I'm a fan of Adam. He's annoyed by the idea that it's improper to talk about how much money you make. He actually went over his social security report that stated how much he made each year since he started working. He had several zeros in there, and I don't mean multiple digits, just zero I do remember he said he got $250k for a Burger King commercial. That's crazy!

I only saw part of the first episode of this show, but I loved it. It's a must watch for Loveline fans. You finally get to see all these people he talks about every night.
Old 10-12-05, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

He still does Loveline?
Old 10-12-05, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Yeah. He probably makes about $3 - $4 million a year. At one time, he had Loveline, Crank Yankers, The Man Show all going at one time. In almost everything he does, he's the executive producer along with Kimmel.
Old 10-12-05, 08:52 AM

I would not want to eat whatever that "flap meat" stuff was.
Sandal guy is nuts.
Old 10-12-05, 05:31 PM

I watched both episodes and enjoy this show. I just cant stand when he milks a joke for all its worth, of course im talking about the Marco Polo/Adam Carolla joke.
Old 10-12-05, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk God

The Adam Carolla - Marco Polo thing has been going on and on during the radio show for years now.
Old 10-13-05, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
Yeah. He probably makes about $3 - $4 million a year. At one time, he had Loveline, Crank Yankers, The Man Show all going at one time. In almost everything he does, he's the executive producer along with Kimmel.
Plus:

He was a writer for Kimmels show from the begining.
Voices a character on Drawn together.
Produces the Andy Milonakis show with Kimmel.
Too Late with Adam Corolla.
TLC show.
Hosted an ABC reality show contest a little while back.
Soon he will be taking over for Howard Stern in 4 markets hosting a morning radio show.
Old 11-16-05, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
I love this show. Anyone else still watching?
Old 11-16-05, 06:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Still watching it every week.. Can't see how he'll break even on the project, considering how much they've already spent, but it sure is entertaining to watch them!
Old 11-16-05, 07:05 PM

Still watching. They should have called it something else; Adam is hardly involved. They need to hire more people that work.
Old 11-16-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Interesting that they broke the news that he was taking over for Stern on the show. This appears to have been taped over the summer, but the official word that he was taking over for Stern didn't really happen until last month.
Old 11-21-05, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Anyone see Too Late with Adam Corolla lately? They have a pre-recorded bit using Ray from the build called, "Can Ray Break This?" in which Adam and his guest(s) try to predict if Ray can break various objects (traffic cone, cheese wheel, skateboard, hockey stick, etc) using no tools, just his body and generally destructive nature.