Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Straylight Run [new EP] 10/04/05

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-05, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Straylight Run is coming out with a new EP titled "Prepare to be Wrong" this tuesday 10/4/05. If you are into slower rock you may like them. There debut CD had the hit existentialism on prom night, and I can't wait for this 6 song EP to hit stores on Tuesday.

It's only $7.99 at Best Buy and I recommend this to people that enjoy Taking back Sunday since two of the members in Straylight Run are from TBS.

If you want to check out some songs from their old CD go here www.purevolume.com/straylightrun
Old 12-10-05, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just heard their new single on XM radio yesterday and loved it. Anyone else digging these guys? I am thinking about ordering their 2 discs.
Old 12-10-05, 09:47 PM

Yeah, i really like this ep. Big shot starts off nice and builds extremely well. a slow decent has come a nice way since the demo they posted..actually the whole ep is quite good..very nice production.

their first album was one of my favorites from last year..check it out.
Old 12-11-05, 05:07 AM

I love the EP and their first album was spinning in my head for a long time after release. I've seen them twice in concert and they put on a fairly emotional show. A Slow Descent might be my all-time fave of theirs and was disappointed not to hear it in concert before and it not being on the first album. Hopefully they'll start playing it more now. Big Shot and Later that Day are winners.

+Danny
Old 12-11-05, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by +Danny
I love the EP and their first album was spinning in my head for a long time after release. I've seen them twice in concert and they put on a fairly emotional show. A Slow Descent might be my all-time fave of theirs and was disappointed not to hear it in concert before and it not being on the first album. Hopefully they'll start playing it more now. Big Shot and Later that Day are winners.

+Danny
i saw them in new york and they played slow decent..it was good, but I would like to hear it now that they reworked it. i'm also impressed with michelle's voice on this ep; i thought it was okay on the lp, but she seemed very very shy on stage and that didn't translate well with her soft voice. i didn't see them opening for simple plan, but i hope she gained some confidence and sings better now.