Reload this Page >

How I Met Your Mother 9/26

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-26-05, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i laughed more at this one than the premiere. lots of good little bits throughout. they need to keep robin in her pj's all the time cause just like last week, she was hot.
Old 09-26-05, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Some great laughs indeed on this show. My fave from the show was how the girl Barney hooked up with at the 1st party shows up again at the second party and he's like oh great. But when he comes back not 30 seconds later with she broke up with me, told her I was falling in love with her and it worked like a charm. Very funny.
Old 09-26-05, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It would appear that Barney ends up with Robin. He's referred as "Uncle Barney" at the beginning of the episode, and it might turn out they end up together after just hanging together for a few years or so.

I might have to put Cobie Smulders (Robin) on my short list to play Wonder Woman.
Old 09-27-05, 12:22 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
All the main characters are Uncle __ or Aunt __ (except for Dad). I don't think it's any indication that Barney and Robin stay together -- just that all five remain friends and close enough that the kdis think of them as aunts and uncles.
Old 09-27-05, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
You would think the kids wouldn't be shocked when Robin turns out to be their aunt. Don't they know their mother's first name?
Old 09-27-05, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Would the girl Robin introduced Danny Tanner to at the end be the wife? Or is it too early to meet her? I do like the show. Though, I can't really point out anything that struck me as really funny. And as a wingman "Have you met _______," followed by me squeezing out of the way to get back to the pack, worked pretty damn well this last weekend.
Old 09-27-05, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Maybe the mother is going to be Allyson Hannigan. Ted sneaking around with his best friend's girl, that would be interesting.
Old 09-27-05, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
You would think the kids wouldn't be shocked when Robin turns out to be their aunt. Don't they know their mother's first name?

From the pilot? They acted annoyed, not shocked. To be forced to sit through a long story that you think is the tale of how your parents met, only to realize you're going to have to sit through more?

My only thought: are they going to keep going back to the kids? If this show lasts 5 seasons, are we supposed to believe they've been sitting there for more than 40 hours?

That said, this show exhibits some potential, but I don't think it's as good as it could be. And it suffers from sitcom New York syndrome- the disorder whereby the young and struggling main characters can rent huge apartments on the Upper West Side that would rent for about $4500 a month.
Old 09-27-05, 08:18 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
A few laughs last night, but not as strong as the premiere, IMO.
Old 09-27-05, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
I'm surprised he's telling his kids about how horny his engaged friends are, and how easy it is to get laid by taking a girl up to the roof.
Old 09-27-05, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just watched this show in my DVR and I thought it was funny.

I'm also thinking that Barney ends up with Robin, at least that's what the last scene seemed to show to me.
Old 09-27-05, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't like this one as much as I did the pilot. with all the new stuff I'm checking out/watching this year this show is on my almost gone list.
Old 09-27-05, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
I didn't like this one as much as I did the pilot. with all the new stuff I'm checking out/watching this year this show is on my almost gone list.
I want to like it for Alyson, but she seems to be in a "hit" so good for her. But I didn't like it much either. A few laughs, but most of it just feels awkward.

I think it wasn't cast well, I really only like Neil Patrick Harris, the girl who plays Robin and Alyson. The guy who used to be on Freaks and Geeks is ok, but he doesn't seem right for this role. The lead actor bothers me.

But this show will go on for many seasons, while much better shows like Arrested Development and Kitchen Confidential have to pray for their survival. Prayers that probably won't be answered.
Old 09-27-05, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
It's not bad - but the worst part of the show is the actor the whole story is supposed to revolve around.
Old 09-28-05, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
No the worst part of the show is the laugh track, jesus christ all that forced laughing is annoying as hell.
Old 09-28-05, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's interesting enough for me that I'll keep on watching and hope it gets at least a full season.

And Cobie Smulders is just