DVD Talk
wendersfan's 2005-2006 English Premier League Thread [Archive] - Page 2 - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : wendersfan's 2005-2006 English Premier League Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

leepyswetr
04-14-06, 11:51 PM
Henry's likely leaving if they don't reach the CL. I'm not sure if they can afford to keep him.Arsenal are the 4th most valuable football club in the world. Missing the CL won't change that. If Henry feels the club's ambitions match his (i.e. they improve the squad), it won't matter if they miss a year.

Of course, all of this is moot, as they are going to both win the Champions League and beat Scum to 4th place.

Trigger
04-15-06, 01:20 AM
The relationship between TH and AV is too tight for Henry to leave.

wildcatlh
04-15-06, 07:46 AM
Arsenal are the 4th most valuable football club in the world. Missing the CL won't change that. If Henry feels the club's ambitions match his (i.e. they improve the squad), it won't matter if they miss a year.

Of course, all of this is moot, as they are going to both win the Champions League and beat Scum to 4th place.

The problem is with the new stadium, they've already acknowledged a cash crunch, and it's been widely reported that they're going to have to make the CL for the first few years of their tenancy in the new stadium to avoid money problems.

BDB
04-17-06, 01:18 AM
That's Wenger with a W not a v trigger :)

Liverpool continue on the winning ways, heres hoping for a Spurs win tomorrow, so that with a chelsea beating of united liverpool sneak second. we'll need some more goals though I think. Which makes Robbie's contributions that much more important.

the goal today is one of those where the law was adhered too but it's asinine, I'm happy of course that it fell in our favour, but overall its a shit rule, and then we got killed with 2 shithouse offside decisions in the 2nd half.

Sissoko is immense.

Trigger
04-17-06, 06:26 PM
Hmm... I'm hoping Arsenal beat the Spurs and United beats Chelsea. Chelsea needs to lose all the rest of their games - one more point, even a tie, and they wrap it up - and United needs to win. *sigh* I don't like Newcastle or Liverpool as much as you guys seem to.

Were you talking about Cisse missing the ball being offsides but not being considered a part of the play? I felt that was bullshit, but it didn't really matter in the end I guess.

wildcatlh
04-17-06, 06:49 PM
Quite frankly, I think Djibs was "probably offsides", but considering that Robbie's already had two goals called off for very very very questionable offside calls (including one that would've won the Charlton game)... I call this even.

And Momo Sissoko is indeed immense. How he didn't get in the conversation for PFA Young Player of the Year, I can't imagine. He should be a runaway winner of that award (or at least second to Rooney). He's a future superstar and an absolutely genius buy by Rafa.

kenbuzz
04-19-06, 07:42 AM
Wigan 3-2 Villa - Wigan doing well in the Premiereship. Their win keeps their slim UEFA Cup bid chances alive. Not bad for a team that just last season was playing in the ELC. With games left against Fulham and Portsmouth, they've got a realistic shot at 6 points (I'm conceding their impending loss at Highbury). Once-proud Villa are dangerously close to the relegation zone and still need 3 points lock-in a 2006-07 Premiereship return.

astrochimp
04-22-06, 08:17 AM
Alan Shearer has retired:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=365599&cc=5901

astrochimp
04-29-06, 09:06 PM
Congrats to Chelsea,i guess :p

Trigger
04-30-06, 02:34 PM
bye to Birm, W Brom, and Sund.

Chelsea - hoo-rah :|

BDB
04-30-06, 04:17 PM
come on united slip up, 2 draws is all we need

BDB
05-01-06, 05:29 PM
It's on like Donkey Kong.

Charlton to beat United on Sunday and its 2nd for Liverpool

Trigger
05-02-06, 02:15 PM
So Rooney is probably not going to be fit for germany. Bummer. I'm going to have to rethink my picks.

astrochimp
05-02-06, 05:42 PM
So Rooney is probably not going to be fit for germany. Bummer. I'm going to have to rethink my picks.

I think he'll be there,i mean hes only 20 and its a broken bone in his foot so he can tough it out ;)

leepyswetr
05-02-06, 11:29 PM
Yeah, what a tragedy...

Rooney=fucking ****.

BDB
05-03-06, 12:41 PM
2 broken bones.

leepyswetr
05-07-06, 10:35 PM
Are you watching
Are you watching
Are you watching Tottenham?

Are you watching Tottenham?

kenbuzz
05-12-06, 01:29 PM
Great finish Arsenal! Tottenham chokes and the Gunners exploit the opportunity to snag 4th place. Woo hoo! Takes some of the Champions League Finals pressure off, knowing that even if they don't beat Barca they'll still be in the competition next year.

astrochimp
05-12-06, 03:49 PM
FA Cup final tomorrow with Liverpool taking on West Ham.

astrochimp
05-13-06, 02:10 PM
FA Cup final tomorrow with Liverpool taking on West Ham.

Well i ended up paying the $25 to see it on PPV and i will say it was money well spent ;)

astrochimp
05-19-06, 01:43 PM
Looks like Henry is staying on with Arsenal instead of making a much rumored move to possibly Barcelona which im happy to hear since even though im not a Gunners fan i do enjoy watching him play and EPL matches are all i get here.

kenbuzz
06-01-06, 07:43 AM
Looks like Henry is staying on with Arsenal instead of making a much rumored move to possibly Barcelona which im happy to hear since even though im not a Gunners fan i do enjoy watching him play and EPL matches are all i get here.:thumbsup:

BDB
06-01-06, 10:44 AM
And now Chelsea have added Shevchenko to the signing of Ballack..

Madness.

wildcatlh
06-01-06, 11:01 AM
And now Chelsea have added Shevchenko to the signing of Ballack..

Madness.

And just think they could've saved about 25 million if they had waited 3 weeks, since it's looking that Milan have a fairly decent chance of being relegated to Serie B (along with Juventus, who are pretty sure to be relegated to Serie B ... although if the Italian FA followedtheir own rules, Juve would be relegated to Serie C2)