Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Apprentice Fall 2005 Season Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-05, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Apprentice Fall 2005 Season Discussion

Wow, no thread yet? Has everyone given up on this show?

I'm glad they went back to gender-specific teams. The scavenger hunt was incredibly lame, though. I kept waiting for the A-Team music to kick in, but alas...

Also, at least most of the contestants this season have personalities. Unfortunately, most of them are shrill and disagreeable.
Old 09-23-05, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Pretty decent show, kind of amazed that the totals were that close for the teams when you consider the difference in neighborhoods right there should have given the guys say at least 10-20% more in revenue.

Perhaps the ladies meant for the brochure to be slightly different, but I must say quite a bad mistake for sure.

To the lady that was fired, no the ladies everywhere do not find you intimidating. They find you to be extremely ANNOYING! Gee, perhaps the project manager did screw up, but give Trump the exact reason to fire you.
"I don't get along working with women." Let's see, at least for the next 5 projects that all you will be working with, should he keep you? I do like in that end though how the other girl kind of smile and Trump made that short lived and told her how lucky for her to still be around and how bad she did.
I like how they made a point at the end to just go ahead and show the proj. manager come back to the suite and you heard everyone CHEERING.

On the guy's side, I believe the project manger Markus(the inventor)had me cracking up with the phone call to Trump and their lunch at the Friar's Club. Trump so wanted to tell the guy just to shut the hell up already.

One final note, a very nice and classy move by Trump to give the guy who's grandmother dieda chopper ride back to Philly for the funeral. Trump of course wanted to give him the option of leaving with the knowing that it was understandable and more importantly not quitting.
Old 09-23-05, 09:03 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
I thought Randal handled the death of his grandmother with a lot of dignity -- and it was very classy of Trump to fly him to the funeral. Whie it's early to pick favorites, so far, I like what I see and I'm rooting for Randal.

When they were all running across the golf course, was I the only one who expected them to get to the helicopter and open a big yellow envelope with a clue inside?
Old 09-23-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Schloob1
Pretty decent show, kind of amazed that the totals were that close for the teams when you consider the difference in neighborhoods right there should have given the guys say at least 10-20% more in revenue.
And this is what is starting to annoy me with reality shows... it's too hard to tell what is fake and what is real... seems to close to be real

same thing happened last night during survivior... they have one of their competitions.. one team has a huge lead and by the end of the race it is a dead sprint between 2 people
Old 09-23-05, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

To answer TracerBullet's question, I have given up on the show. Didn't bother with Martha Stewart either, and apparently, neither did most of America.

I enjoyed each Apprentice series less and less so I thought now was the time to cut the cord. Any word on early ratings yet?
Old 09-23-05, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I watched it last night trying to give it a second shot after the abysmal street vs book smarts fiasco. I think Ive just lost interest. Im glad to see the most annoying person ever on The Aprentice get fired (even more so than Omarossa), but I think Im out for good on The Aprentice.
Old 09-23-05, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
they shouldve quoted arnold from 'predator'

GET TO DA CHOPPA!

Last edited by GuessWho; 09-23-05 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-23-05, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I still watch it and enjoy it. I thought this season started off pretty good.
Old 09-23-05, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
same thing happened last night during survivior... they have one of their competitions.. one team has a huge lead and by the end of the race it is a dead sprint between 2 people
I know a lot of stuff is fabricated on these "reality" shows, but I'd don't see how you think that race on survivor was fixed. With varying skill and speed of the different runners, it's expected that one team may get a lead and then the other team catch up.

Back on topic, I have given up on The Apprentice after last season. Y'all let me know if it gets good.
Old 09-23-05, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
I enjoyed each Apprentice series less and less so I thought now was the time to cut the cord. Any word on early ratings yet?
9.83 million viewers
Old 09-23-05, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, much better than Joey's 7.5+ million. Hmm...
Old 09-24-05, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally Posted by JasonF
When they were all running across the golf course, was I the only one who expected them to get to the helicopter and open a big yellow envelope with a clue inside?

Originally Posted by Schloob1
I like how they made a point at the end to just go ahead and show the proj. manager come back to the suite and you heard everyone CHEERING.
They always show whoever wasn't fired coming back to the suite, this wasn't something where they "made a point", not when they do it every show. I've heard cheering before, too.

Pretty good start, the race at the beginning was over-the-top cheesy, but I'll stay with it. Hope this is better than the LAST season! Oh and yeah, the minute the gal was like, "All the other girls are intimidated by me", I started laughing and thought, "Buh-bye now!"
Old 09-24-05, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by shoppingbear
They always show whoever wasn't fired coming back to the suite, this wasn't something where they "made a point", not when they do it every show.
Usually, an episode ended as soon as they opened the suite door, and all you heard was music. You never saw or heard any sort of reaction until the opening seconds of the following episode.
Old 09-26-05, 09:57 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I watched it, I was bored to death. But I'm stuck with it until my wife gets sick of the show too.

Right now, I'm rooting for the sentimental favorite, Randal. But based on past seasons, as the "super-educated black guy" he'll doomed to be eliminated right near the end.
Old 09-26-05, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
I thought for a first episode, with 18 people you have never seen before, it was pretty entertaining. I also couldn't help but notice that all 9 of the women look like they could be in the next issue of Maxim...not that there's anything wrong with that...
Old 10-14-05, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nobody watches this show anymore? I really enjoyed last night's episode. Donald delivered that one line to Toral was fucking great: "I've wore a chicken suit". Toral shut her fucking mouth afterward.
Old 10-14-05, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by zuffy
Nobody watches this show anymore? I really enjoyed last night's episode. Donald delivered that one line to Toral was fucking great: "I've wore a chicken suit". Toral shut her fucking mouth afterward.
I hadn't watched since I think the opening of the 3rd series, but I have to agree that this week's episode was very entertaining. I have to give Donald and Mark credit for fixing the contestant quality problem on at least one team and for making the show really easy to catch up on -- I felt like I really did know what was going on even though I wasn't even aware of who the contestants were.
Old 10-14-05, 02:38 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't think Toral was the one who was responsible for the team lost. Those fucking catty blonde bitches need to grow up.
Old 10-14-05, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was not Toral's fault for their loss but Toral is the one needing to fucking grow up. Personal belief because it's an embarrassment to her and her family? Reputation? WTF? Why are you on TV acting the way you are? That is an embarrassment itself. When they loss, Toral got that BS expression in her face that they deserved it and she's just too fucking good for the team. If she is all that, she should have step in as the PM.
Old 10-14-05, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I saw the date on the original thread and was

However I see we are discussing last night's Apprentice.

Toral needed to go. I wonder how long she will be employed as an investment banker. After her comments, I would not want her to be pitching my company to prospective clients.
Old 10-14-05, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hehe, I didn't want to start a new thread.

If Toral is a self-made multi-millionaire, why is she on the show anyway? I bet she just wanted that 15 minutes of fame.
Old 10-14-05, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Toral didn't lose that challenge for the team, and she was just smart enough to see the catastrophe coming. She just wasn't smart enough to realize that she couldn't just refuse to participate in order to save her skin.

If she had done *anything*, one of those catty blondes would have gone home in her place.
Old 10-14-05, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Seeing as how there doesn't seem to be enough interest to sustain weekly Apprentice threads, perhaps we could have a friendly mod change the subject to "The Apprentice: Season 4 Discussion" or something, and keep it all in here?
Old 10-17-05, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
I really enjoyed last night's episode. Donald delivered that one line to Toral was fucking great: "I've wore a chicken suit". Toral shut her fucking mouth afterward.
Yeah, that did finally shut her ever-running mouth. Was glad to see Toral get the axe. What an asshole.
Old 10-17-05, 08:27 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
What religion is it that prohibits its members from dressing up like "Zip"?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.