DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Poker Odds Software

Mordred
09-22-05, 05:28 PM
I'm finishing a release cycle here at work and am looking a small project to do during my downtime. I figured I could write a program for Texas Hold'em which would give odds for the initial two card hand (based on Wizard of Odd's tables) and would count outs for you as well because I'm pretty slow at that.

Before I started on what would probably be an involved bit of work, I was wondering if there was software out there that does this already. I couldn't find any but I probably don't know the right places to look either.

Does this sound like something you guys might be interested in? Do you have suggestions? I'd also need beta-testers to help me work out the bugs so you'd all get to see how it was coming along.

Just looking for feedback, and wanting to know if there are competing products and if so, what they do right and wrong. Thanks.

Mordred
09-23-05, 06:39 PM
So I'm guessing the overwhelming silence signals huge demand for this sort of thing. Good to know :)

asabase
09-23-05, 06:51 PM
Texas Calculatem does something like what you are talking about.

http://www.calculatem.com/

Mordred
09-23-05, 07:27 PM
Interesting. The ability to attach to games is a nice feature. The $49.95 price tag is not :) Pretty full featured though. Thanks for the info.

mgbfan
09-26-05, 07:59 PM
Good luck. Might be of some use to beginners. No experienced player is going to need such a device, though (good players know their outs without really even having to stop to count). Probably why you're getting such minimal response.

Mordred
09-27-05, 12:39 PM
Turns out that Texas Calculatem does everything mine could possibly do and is apparently free to use unless you want it to automatically attach to games (so you don't have to manually enter hands). Since I doubt I could pull the attaching trick sounds like something I'm going to have to pass on. No sense reinventing the wheel against an established and working program.

Thanks for the feedback guys.