2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"Video Games Live" Anyone see this?

http://www.videogameslive.com

Anyone here ever see it?
Old 09-22-05, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I was given the opportunity to check out one of their dress rehersals for free when they were performing here in Irvine, but unfortunately I couldn't attend. It looks pretty interesting though.
Old 09-22-05, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to the show at the Hollywood Bowl earlier this year. It was very good, although had I known about the pre-show stuff I would have gotten there earlier. I recommend this show if you're interested in video game music. My wife got really excited when she heard the Kingdom Hearts music.
Old 09-22-05, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've known about this for a while, and was definately very interested in going. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they're coming anywhere near Florida, so there goes that.
Old 09-22-05, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll probably hit the Grand Prairie show. But man, seeing Tommy Tallerico on G4, the guy seems like such a tool I kind of feel bad about supporting his venue. But Kingdom Hearts? Hell yes.
Old 09-23-05, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
I'll probably hit the Grand Prairie show. But man, seeing Tommy Tallerico on G4, the guy seems like such a tool I kind of feel bad about supporting his venue. But Kingdom Hearts? Hell yes.
My gf hates Tommy with a passion, and we saw him at the "More Friends" concert. I teased her to go get his autograph, but she chickend out so I got it for her I asked him, "So Mr Tallerico, does it make you nervous being out here like this? Seeing as how maybe some of these guys watch you on TV? I mean the hate mail must be insane, right?" He laughed it off and said its all in fun, but he appears to be a pretty decent guy, Im guessing if I came at him with a lot of agression or was rude he may have turned into a jerk. Funny though he was wearing what looked like a pirate shirt I almost started laughing.
Old 09-24-05, 09:43 PM

My gf and I just bought tickets for the NYC show. Should be a lot of fun.
Old 09-24-05, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by zero
My gf hates Tommy with a passion, and we saw him at the "More Friends" concert. I teased her to go get his autograph, but she chickend out so I got it for her I asked him, "So Mr Tallerico, does it make you nervous being out here like this? Seeing as how maybe some of these guys watch you on TV? I mean the hate mail must be insane, right?" He laughed it off and said its all in fun, but he appears to be a pretty decent guy, Im guessing if I came at him with a lot of agression or was rude he may have turned into a jerk. Funny though he was wearing what looked like a pirate shirt I almost started laughing.
Reviews have been average to good. The blurb he wrote on their message board about Square-Enix not letting them use their music was kind of amusing, he makes them out to be bad guys "We at Video games Live aren't in it for the money, it's sad that square won't let us do them a favor." Yeah riiiiiiight. Anyway, I as much as I hate tommy (and I really do hate him like no other), I had an awesome time at the Dear Friends concert, so even if this show ends up being 1/10th of what that show was, it still seems like it'll be fun to go see, I bought a ticket for me and my friend.