Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Apprentice - Martha Edition - 9\21

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-05, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Apprentice - Martha Edition - 9\21

anyone watching? guess it is up against Lost..

it's ok so far...
Old 09-21-05, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did a double take when they revealed her hentchmen is Charles Koppleman. I did a pause at the name, thinking "Can it be?" and then he went on to say he was from the music business and I was like "Oh my god, it's the same Charles Koppleman!"

This guy is a major tool. He used to be the head of EMI Records and his exploits in the music biz were notorious. There's a great book called "Off the Charts" by Bruce Haring that details his obnoxiousness. So anyway, I am in shock he is now on TV every week with Martha Stewart. Should be interesting.

I really enjoyed the first episode. Seems a lot more fresh than the Trump version, who I have grown tired of. I like that she seems to have a more personal touch: no boardroom, "you just don't fit in", the parting note.

I'm definitely in for the season.
Old 09-21-05, 08:28 PM

wasn't her catchphrase something lame like "you don't fit in"? Should of went with your goose is cooked.
Old 09-21-05, 08:55 PM

I know Donald Trump. Donald Trump is a friend of mine. Martha, you're no Donald Trump. Trump oozes charisma but Martha was just really dull IMO.
And just like Survivor, pretty much an all white cast.
Old 09-21-05, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked it. I agree that it was a bit fresher than Trump's version -- however I still think overall Trump's will continue to be more entertaining. I will continue to watch the Martha version. I liked when she added "Goodbye" to the end of "You don't fit in"... made me think of that "Weakest Link" lady lol
Old 09-21-05, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah.. not bad... Don't think I can watch both Trump and Stewart back to back so I think I will need to just pick one
Old 09-21-05, 10:37 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just different enough to stand out, but just the same enough to feel like an actual Apprentice show and not just a ripoff. I'm honestly surprised anyone on Matchstick was supporting that tool of a team leader.

Originally Posted by nightwing82
I liked when she added "Goodbye" to the end of "You don't fit in"... made me think of that "Weakest Link" lady lol
I laughed because it almost seemed like the guy didn't realize that "You don't fit in" was Martha's "You're fired" line. He kinda sat there waiting, and it seemed to be like she had to add that "Goodbye" to clarify it for him.
Old 09-21-05, 11:19 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Fresh? Are you nuts? The show is a carbon copy of Donald's "Apprentice," right down to the music cues and camera shots. And this from someone who built her empire on a unique brand. I expected something completely new and different from Martha Stewart, and all I got was old and stale.
Old 09-22-05, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by the action
wasn't her catchphrase something lame like "you don't fit in"? Should of went with your goose is cooked.
My guess is that's not her catch phrase at all. I bet she uses some completely different line next week. Her "catch phrase" (if you want to call it that -- since it's not really a phrase) will be that she writes a letter to the loser every week.
Old 09-22-05, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought it was awful. a complete carbon copy of trumps, including an old guy and younger women besides her, how the come into the board room, the lady at the desk etc. Martha has no personalty. Shes not likable or interesting. Everytime he talked at the board room when the guy who got "let go" everything she said felt forced and scripted. at least donald has more of a personalty and i think is more likable. I am not gonna be watching this again. I agree with everything from music cues, camera angles. everything was a carbon copy....Boring boring boring
Old 09-22-05, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think just not having Trump makes it fresh. I have gotten sick of him, as he is everywhere. I like the format of the show.

What I wish that NBC did was have Martha on this season and then bring Trump in January to do the midseason. I think Trump's Apprentice is too often, doing 2 seasons a year.

Plus I am not sure if 2 Apprentices make sense in the same season. Still I'd rather watch Martha now, because she is new to watch. She has been very candid on her daytime show that started this week, so I am eager to see if it translates to this show.
Old 09-22-05, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by John-In-VA
And just like Survivor, pretty much an all white cast.
So what? Is it possible that of all the candidates that applied, that maybe these were the best of the bunch? Better than adding minorities just to meet a quota. I actually kind of applaud the fact that the selection process in this case seems to have skewed to the most qualified applicants. Just an assumption.
Old 09-22-05, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tarnower
So what?
Cause I just felt like commenting on it. Have a nice day.
Old 09-22-05, 09:03 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I kept on looking to see if I could see her ankle brace-thinga-ma jig
Old 09-22-05, 11:36 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Something about "you don't fit" sounds like shit.