Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : r.a. salvatore's new book Promise of the Witch King?

diespine
09-19-05, 03:35 AM
i see everywhere that they have this book listed as "sellswords book 2", should it not be "spellswords", which would make a whole lot more sense than "sellswords", what is a sellsword?

Duran
09-20-05, 01:31 PM
what is a sellsword?

A mercenary.

MrKen
09-21-05, 01:04 AM
Is that the thing with Artemis and the other Dark Elf- Jax or whatever?

If so, opinions on the first book?

diespine
09-21-05, 08:41 PM
sellsword means mercenary, i guess sellswords book 2 makes sense then, i just never heard of the term before and i thought i was well versed in d&d... the first book was the servant of the shard, i thougt it was great, but my favorite character is jarlaxle and the sellswords books will focus on artemis entreri and jarlaxle

Josh H
09-21-05, 08:46 PM
If by first book, you mean Servant of the Shard, that was a very good one IMO.

I've not read this one yet as I wait for the paperbacks. Which reminds me, I need to pick up The Two Swords which came out last month in paperback.

outer-edge
09-21-05, 10:27 PM
Which reminds me, I need to pick up The Two Swords which came out last month in paperback.

Cool, I haven't checked recently, but have waited to read the series until I had them all handy.

Josh H
09-29-05, 12:08 PM
Good plan, I'm having to re-read the first two before starting The Two Swords as I didn't even remember who most of the new characters were.

GreenMonkey
10-01-05, 03:56 AM
hehe

I've been picking up all the hardcover re-releases as they come out. Pretty covers, yessssss. Just ordered Streams of Silver with $10 overstock credit for $9. :D I'm a big fan of buying hardcovers these days, they last longer and are more durable. And they have pretty covers.

I'm up for the Sellswords book when I can get my grubby little hands on it.

Venom
10-18-05, 12:46 AM
it should be an awesome book. good writer, great characters. Sevrant of the Shard was great.

Sellswords makes sense now, before i thought it might of been a location.