Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Is the horror channel ever going to happen?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-05, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember it was suppose to launch oct 2004 but it didnt. Are there still plans for this network?
Old 09-17-05, 10:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GameGenie
I remember it was suppose to launch oct 2004 but it didnt. Are there still plans for this network?

Very strange. The website makes no mention of an updated launch time, but the forum boards are active?
I would think they have not launched because they don't have enough signed contracts from cable/satellite operators and will not launch till then- Here is a list of other channels that were suppose to/or planning to launch but most have not- There are a few that have no more websites or launching at a later time Including Moviewatch (Which now is pushed back to 2006)

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hlight=brtcmfn

Last edited by brtcmfn; 09-17-05 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-17-05, 10:42 PM
En vacance

I hope they show classic horror too like those creature features.
Scifi channel is a piece of shit now, made for tv movies with CGI, some bitch at the network did a consensus concluding that people find that shit more favorable than showing actual science fiction films and now those nazis keep pumping out crap like that.
I hope this horror channel will be more like AMC or TCM
Old 09-18-05, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have been casually following their forum and they are now saying that they will launch before the end of this year. The main page won't be updated until the specific launch date is announced. They attribute the delay to making sure they maintain control of the content and not allowing it to go the way of
the Sci Fi Channel. If things go the way that they say this will be a channel that will please fans of the genre.
Old 09-18-05, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Considering that most cable systems have virtually unlimited channel capabilities, niche channels such as this should find it easer to launch with a substantial potential market. Let's hope this one doesn't fade away before it even fades in.
Old 09-18-05, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd say that I'm looking forward to this, but I know that the heartless dogfuckers at Comcast will put it on digital cable, and I refuse to pay their assraping price for it.

I miss the days of my black box.

Yes, I'm bitter. :-)
Old 09-18-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
I'd say that I'm looking forward to this, but I know that the heartless dogfuckers at Comcast will put it on digital cable, and I refuse to pay their assraping price for it.

I miss the days of my black box.

Yes, I'm bitter. :-)

It's people like you with black boxes why our cable is so high. Not the sole reason but part of it.
Old 09-18-05, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Originally Posted by marty888
Considering that most cable systems have virtually unlimited channel capabilities
There's actually a lot of competition for bandwidth, and providers seem reluctant to give upstart channels much of a shot anymore (unless it's for channels they have some financial stake in).
Old 09-18-05, 01:30 PM

I think if it does come out there going to show alot of classic horror during the day because they said everything will be unedited and if its on basic cable they have to show the R rated movies late night.
Old 09-24-05, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The announcement is supposed to come pretty much any time now. I do know for a fact that the channel will be piggybacking with another channel for a while. Unfortunately the channel won't be 24 hours to start out.
Old 09-26-05, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by zak52
The announcement is supposed to come pretty much any time now. I do know for a fact that the channel will be piggybacking with another channel for a while. Unfortunately the channel won't be 24 hours to start out.
What announcment? Will they be announcing what cable companies will be picking them up??? I am with insight cable (which is much smaller and never mentioned as far news articles) and have heard nothing.

Man I hope my cable company picks them up!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-05, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They will announce what providers will carry them and when the channel will start.
Old 09-26-05, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
There's actually a lot of competition for bandwidth, and providers seem reluctant to give upstart channels much of a shot anymore (unless it's for channels they have some financial stake in).
Exactly. Plus there are weird regional factors. Providers in NYC, for example, supposedly has a very hard time finding space for new channels because there are SO MANY foreign language channels that serve various immigrant communities that would protest like crazy if they were removed. If you scroll down the channel menu there are seemingly hundreds of channels in practically every language on earth. It's pretty wild (and I've discovered some very crazy shows that way, too!)

If you want an all horror channel you could always look into Voom... oh wait...
Old 09-26-05, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GameGenie
I think if it does come out there going to show alot of classic horror during the day because they said everything will be unedited and if its on basic cable they have to show the R rated movies late night.
I don't believe that is true. Cable is not regulated by the FCC, they can pretty much do whatever they want, when they want to. It's self-regulation that pushes the adult stuff to the evening hours.
Old 10-05-05, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kantonburg
It's people like you with black boxes why our cable is so high. Not the sole reason but part of it.

Riiiiight. I believe that like I believe the music industry's claim that illegal downloads are what makes prices high. It's an excuse from an industry that doesn't want to admit that their buisiness model, which worked 15-20 years ago, is outdated and doesn't work anymore.

Comcast continually raises rates, takes away channels we want, and gives us channels we don't want (do I really need more religious channels and home shopping channels?). Yet they refuse to understand that this is a major reason why people are getting sick of their services.

If it soothes you any, I haven't had a black box in years. Now I just download the shows I want to watch. If I like them and I think they're worth my hard-earned mony, then the studio gets it when I buy the DVD release.