Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

SG1 Season Finale

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

SG1 Season Finale

Old 09-17-05, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SG1 Season Finale

I have to say I was a little worried about "Jack" leaving but the season was good, and the finale had a very good cliffhanger ending, making me want next season to hurry up and get here.
Old 09-17-05, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Cool that Hammond was back
Old 09-17-05, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Way cool cliffhanger.

For clarification it's the midseason break not season finale. part two of season nine will start in December/January.
Old 09-17-05, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

By the way, I'd just like to say that the leader of the Jaffa is the worst actor that's been on the show in a long, long time. The way he pauses between every third word bugs the hell out of me.
Old 09-17-05, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
but it's Louis Gossett Jr
have to give them credit for a relatively big name actor being on the show
Old 09-17-05, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Season finale! What the hell? We’re only at midseason episode 10 here. Are they airing this like the first season of BSG? Is some other country, galaxy, universe, metaverse getting the full deal before we are? Is episode 10 the end of the season already!? The sky is falling!

For the record, I got really annoyed when they turned SG-1 into the new Farscape. The end is near.
Old 09-18-05, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, I think this is the midseason break, iirc, the last new episode aired was episode #11.

Anyway, I definitely liked it. The Ori are such cool villains.
Old 09-18-05, 04:58 PM

SciFi really annoys me with announcing their mid season breaks as "season finales". They have done this for the last several years.

I was at work Friday night and my wife was watching Stargate and became pissed when Stargate ended in a "To Be Continued" and they blurbed season finale. I reminded her that it was only mid season and we will have new episodes in January.

I enjoyed both episodes! Loved how the son of Anubis went all Sith Lord! Great cliffhangers on the second episode to set up the rest of the season. I think Ben Browder has settled in well on this show!!

Take care all!!
Old 09-18-05, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Didn't see Louis Gossett JR
Spoiler:
becoming a Prior
coming. Kind of a cool twist. Can't wait for the season to resume. Was hoping Jack would make a cameo in this ep at least, just like Hammond...oh well.
Old 09-18-05, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by mikehunt
have to give them credit for a relatively big name actor being on the show
Julian Sands is kind of a big name b-list actor! The Warlock!
Old 09-18-05, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dmacsg1
SciFi really annoys me with announcing their mid season breaks as "season finales". They have done this for the last several years.

I was at work Friday night and my wife was watching Stargate and became pissed when Stargate ended in a "To Be Continued" and they blurbed season finale. I reminded her that it was only mid season and we will have new episodes in January.

I enjoyed both episodes! Loved how the son of Anubis went all Sith Lord! Great cliffhangers on the second episode to set up the rest of the season. I think Ben Browder has settled in well on this show!!

Take care all!!
I am actually happy with the weird season of SciFi and USA, they gve me something new to watch when all the other networks are showing old crap or some thrown together reality dance "show."
Old 09-19-05, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The thing that confuses me is why SG1 is 2 episodes this week (not a full 2 hour story) and Atlantis is 2 episodes next week? Why not just do it normally with one this week of each and one next week?
Old 09-20-05, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah I don't see the point either Chew. I liked the episode and liked the season. I don't like when shows start to lose characters(but hey at year 9 it's going to be happening) but I do like Browder(never watched Farscape..will at some point). Didn't like Claudia Black..annoooooying.
Old 09-20-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Saw the episodes and they were pretty good. Didn't see Gossett turning into a Prior so they get points for the surprise factor. I'm currently watching the previous seasons and I find that I'm enjoying them a bit more than the current one (sci-fi just started S3). The son of Anubus episode was pretty cool as well and I do like that Jackson scolded Mitchell about touching unknown objects. That's been my one issue with the previous seasons: they could avoid a lot of their problems if they posted a sign next to the gate that read "nobody touch nothing"

Last edited by lisadoris; 09-20-05 at 03:54 PM. Reason: can't spell before 9am
Old 09-20-05, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lisadoris
Didn't see Gossett turning into a Peioe so they get points for the surprise factor.
That's impressive.