Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

black victims of usa

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

black victims of usa

Old 09-13-05, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black victims of usa

The Associated Press caption accompanying the image with a black person says he's just finished "looting" a grocery store. The AFP/Getty Images caption describes lighter skinned people "finding" bread and soda from a grocery store. No stores are open to sell these goods.

New Orleans, Sept. 1, 2005 - It's criminal. From what you're hearing, the people trapped in New Orleans are nothing but looters. We're told we should be more "neighborly." But nobody talked about being neighborly until after the people who could afford to leave … left

There are gangs of white vigilantes near here riding around in pickup trucks, all of them armed, and any young Black they see who they figure doesn't belong in their community, they shoot him.

But nobody cares. They're just lawless looters ... dangerous

The hurricane hit at the end of the month, the time when poor people are most vulnerable. Food stamps don't buy enough but for about three weeks of the month, and by the end of the month everyone runs out. Now they have no way to get their food stamps or any money, so they just have to take what they can to survive.

Every day countless volunteers are trying to help, but they're turned back. Almost all the rescue that's been done has been done by volunteers anyway.

here is the real truth, they were watching our in need of help Americans die and suffer because they are afraid of us African Americans and other poor races & it make me mad because these scum just are sitting around while people die and it is sick.

they can't even take care of our affairs here in America, how are they going to help other country's when this place is a hell hole. It made me sick to see Veterans dying and they fault for this country like my dad, & my step brother is now fighting in Iraq & even he called me & said that he feels ashamed & appalled at what he has saw this week from our fake country
Old 09-13-05, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

The hurricane hit at the end of the month, the time when poor people are most vulnerable.
So a forecasted hurricane landfall is part of some racially-motivated conspiracy that would have been somehow alleviated by a pocket full of foodstamps (or money, for that matter)?

Last edited by Pointyskull; 09-13-05 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-13-05, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

excellent first post. You've shown:
1) A mastery of choosing the correct forum
2) An ability to stay timely and groundbreaking
3) An ability to sniff out a story that has never been covered before and needs attention
4) Mastery of hosting and attaching images that are referenced specifically in your post
5) A keen ability to give credit to the agency from where you copied your post
6) A brilliantly incisive ability to include your own unique interpretation and not just copy the words written by someone else.
7) A knack for distilling a complex and contested issue down to one pithy phrase for a thread subject that really breaks it down to its essence.

Not to mention your excellent username. Nice work!
Old 09-13-05, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
To sum up what Gil said...your a tool, and you probably know it
Old 09-13-05, 09:39 AM
Suspended

OP, get a life.
Old 09-13-05, 09:43 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 575 Likes on 334 Posts
I find while's ideas intriguing, and would like to subscribe to his newsletter.
Old 09-13-05, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gil Jawetz doesn't care about black people.

das
Old 09-13-05, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nothing about TV here....