Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Hamish MacBeth: R1 or R2

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-05, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I orginally posted this in my general British TV fan thread, but I thought I'd try it in a new thread to catch the casual eye of readers of the board.

--Brit TV Fan

Orginal Post

I'm interested in buying Hamish Macbeth, which I recently found out was coming out in R1. I checked Amazon UK and found two sets ("seasons" 1 and 2).

The reviews/notes on the R1 set at Amazon US said ep 4 wasn't included on the US set (why? I wondered).

My questions:

Why is ep. 4 not included in the R1 Series 1 set?
Is the two UK sets (seasons 1 and 2) a better deal than only buying series 1 form Amazon US?
ARE all the eps included on the UK sets?
(If more eps are included on the UK sets, I'm going with those, I thinK)

Can anyone help me?

--Brit TV fan Midwest

PS-- If you can help, please donate money to International Aid to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina (and remember disaster victims world wide).
Old 09-12-05, 11:56 AM

theres been no mention of missing episodes on the R2 UK discs, and ive heard nothing of an R1 release. the first series is out this week in the UK and the seconds in december. the price - well, if you dont mind the price of UK dvds in comparison to american sets, then get the UK ones.
Old 09-12-05, 08:40 PM

Quoting Logboy "theres been no mention of missing episodes on the R2 UK discs, and ive heard nothing of an R1 release. the first series is out this week in the UK and the seconds in december. the price - well, if you dont mind the price of UK dvds in comparison to american sets, then get the UK ones."

In my experience, UK sets at Amazon UK are often *cheaper* than what BBC America charges (through it's store & catalog) for sets from the UK. Just FYI.
Still wondering about *Hamish MacBeth* though.

--Brit TV fan