Sweet deal! Thanks OP!
Old 09-09-05, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i thank you, but my wallet hates you.
Old 09-09-05, 09:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GREAT Deals!

Made a little order, considered it to be a pre-halloween prepreation order, haha.

Order Summary:
Title Price Each Quantity Subtotal
HALLOWEEN $ 7.19 1 $ 7.19
DAY OF THE DEAD $ 11.99 1 $ 11.99
DAWN OF THE DEAD (SE) $ 7.19 1 $ 7.19
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: FREE
Your Total: $26.37
Old 09-09-05, 09:58 PM

Looks like some pretty good deals - $9.59 for "Man with the Screaming Brain", which isn't even out yet! The best deal appears to be "Susperia", which looks like the 3-disc version for $7.19. Argento's "Opera" is also that price, but I didn't check if it was the 2 disc version or not. (I already have both, so don't come after me for not checking that closely.)

Might have to get a few Hammer titles. Any Bava or Fulci recommendations from the list?

JiM T
Old 09-09-05, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How are these packaged? Do they come in seperate keepcases?
Old 09-09-05, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Suspiria LE for $7.19? Dammmmmmmmmn! Too bad I already got it ...
Old 09-09-05, 10:09 PM

does DDD offer any kind of reimbursement for sales? I just ordered two of the fright packs last week for 20.99
Old 09-09-05, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Peep
How are these packaged? Do they come in seperate keepcases?
The 'Fright Packs' contain 6 individual factory sealed DVDs.
Old 09-09-05, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by waylonsmithers
does DDD offer any kind of reimbursement for sales? I just ordered two of the fright packs last week for 20.99
Not if they've already shipped.
Old 09-09-05, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know which is scarier - the fact that I already have so many of those, or the fact that there still are lots on that list tempting me.
Old 09-09-05, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a question. Which version of "Night of the Living Dead" is the best?

I see that there are quite a few DVD's:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ELE001116

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ELE001117

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ABD010889

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=FXD021970

I am a big fan of the original, and really want to make sure I get the best possible version out there...

*thanks in advance*
Old 09-09-05, 10:49 PM

the millenium edition
Old 09-09-05, 10:57 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts
Did anyone see "Day of the Dead 2"? Is it worth a blind buy or does it completely suck?
Old 09-09-05, 11:11 PM

I do wish this one was on sale too. I'm sure a lot of you would jump on it.
Old 09-09-05, 11:11 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by invisiblegt
The best version is the Elite Millenium Edition. The second best version is the Elite Special Edition. The ME has more extras and a 5.1 audio track. From all the reviews I've read, the video quality on both is similar. And the SE has a lot of great extras (just not as many as the ME). So if you don't mind the original mono audio track, and you're looking for a bargain, check out the Elite SE at only $5.99 shipped.

Here's a comparison:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCom...livingdead.htm

Last edited by TheBigDave; 09-10-05 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-09-05, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

(snip...)

I am a big fan of the original, and really want to make sure I get the best possible version out there...

*thanks in advance*

I'll second the vote for the millenium edition. The "new" material for the 30th Anniversary edition (which is the one on sale) really blows.

I'd also recommend the remake done by Tom Savini.
Old 09-09-05, 11:23 PM

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/redir...fier=ELE001116
I actually prefer the $5.99 Elite (SE) over the more expensive Millenium Edition.
Old 09-09-05, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts
Damn... some very good deals... even on the Bruce Campbell pre-orders.
Old 09-09-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,189 Likes on 1,494 Posts
The important thing is to keep FAR away from the 30th Anniversary Edition. Either of the Elite ones would be worthwhile (and if you are a MST3K fan, the colour version with Mike Nelson commentary might be worth a listen)
Old 09-09-05, 11:46 PM

I just bought Dead & Breakfast last night at Walmart for $14.82... time to return it! This order is going to be expensive..
Old 09-10-05, 01:24 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Oh man, if I didn't have a lot of these titles, my wallet would be dead, it's just going to be on life support now. That Evil Dead 1 & 2 Books of the Dead for 33.58 is a pretty darn good deal - the picture shows just he DVDs, but these are in fact the "limited edition" Tim Sullivan created "books". I already have just the DVDs for those flicks, but it's tempting at 33.58. Romero's Season of the Witch for under $10 is awesome - it's got his lost film "There's Always Vanilla" included - not a bad special feature.
Old 09-10-05, 01:57 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Surfinhank
Did anyone see "Day of the Dead 2"? Is it worth a blind buy or does it completely suck?
I had the same question... so here's what I found on the internet:

From www.creature-corner.com

Day of the Dead 2. It seems that we have been talking about this film FOREVER. Negativity has engulfed this project since it was first announced that it existed. It was not helped by the negative reviews that its showing at the FanTasia Film Festival brought. I don’t think I have read one positive word about this project. Soon you all be able to check it out for yourself as Anchor Bay has announced a release date for the DVD. The folks over at Davis DVD were the first with the news and here is what they had posted:
"While not an official continuation, Anchor Bay's Day of the Dead 2: Contagium nonetheless is being billed as both a prequel and sequel to George Romero's 1985 film. After a Russian Spy plane crashes in the Western United States in 1968, its pilot and the strange vials found nearby are brought to Ravenside Military Hospital in rural Pennsylvania. Soon a strange sickness begins to afflict the patients and the staff. 35 years later, a vial of the chemical is discovered in a psychiatric hospital. Fun ensues. The disc, due on October 18th, will feature a 1.85:1 anamorphic transfer with Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround. Extras will include an audio commentary track (with director/writer Ana Clavell, producer James Glenn Dudelson and DP James M. Legoy) and a making-of featurette. Retail will be $19.98."

From www.twitchfilm.net

12.45pm Day Of the Dead 2: Contagium (Dirs. James Dudelson & Ana Clavell)

I did wander in during Day Of The Dead 2: Contagium though. Curiosity compelled me enough, and it’s the kind of thing you could only enjoy either with an audience like the Fright Festers, or completely drunk with a lot of friends. Coming from the so-bad-its-almost-good school of film making, this is an embarrassment to even be linked in name to a George Romero movie. Err, talking zombies? They not only talk, they chat away and taunt quite happily.. and something that looks like the incredible melting man munches it’s way through a hospital. Terrible scripts, worse than bad acting and a contender for worst fake accent in a movie EVER make this pure popcorn fare. Rent it with friends and laugh it up.

From http://slasherpool.starbase.se/htm/r...ofthedead2.htm

I'll be honest with you, I didn't have very high expectations for this flick, thinking it would be a cheap cash-in on the Dawn Of The Dead remake.
To my surprise I actually found Day Of The Dead 2 pretty good. The budget is much higher than other Taurus Entertainment flicks I've seen, in fact, the
budget for this flick was no less than 9 million dollars so I have to wonder why this didn't go theatrical. It sure does look like a theatrical flick and it sure is entertaining enough.

Day Of The Dead 2 isn't your normal zombie flick. I guess in a way this is kind of a prequel to Romero's cult classic since they actually explain how the infection started in the first place and while it's not a Romero flick, it's still a pretty slick sequel so Romero has got to be pretty happy about this. Just seeing zombies kill people for no reason has kind of grown old now and I guess
that's why I liked the fact that this had more of a plot than normal zombie flicks do.

While the acting might no be brilliant, it's still pretty good. Most of the main characters are pretty likable and easy to root for. That's another twist
that I liked about this flick, this time we actually get to root for the zombies instead of their doomed victims. The directing is pretty average, I would have expected better directing considering the budget actually.

This flick took me by surprise so try to give this movie a shot even though you might not be too psyched about a freestanding sequel to the cult hit.
Try not to think of it as a sequel and you'll probably like it a whole lot better. Clearly Taurus Entertainments best release! Original, entertaining and filled with gore!
Old 09-10-05, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

couldn't resist. picked up the suspiria le and demons 2 (5.99)
have been wanting these 2 for a while now and at those prices why not.
Old 09-10-05, 05:30 AM
Banned

never got around to picking up Suspiria so I grabbed the LE for 7.19 , as compared to the 8.99 price they have listed for the 1 disc ed.!
thanks for the post-

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.