Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

I'm having SOPRANOS Withdrawal Symptons !

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-06-05, 09:42 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

In the last couple of months having never seen a Sopranos episode before, i have gone through all of Seasons 1-5

Now i need more!

Awesome show with many highlights

Most disappointing killing was Ralph - great character, should have kept him around.
Old 09-06-05, 10:27 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
March 5th, 2006....cannot get here soon enough. Six months, almost exactly.
Old 09-07-05, 02:08 AM

I think there was a copy cat murder carried out by kids, who watched The Sopranos and then killed their mother in the same way Ralph was killed on that show...

TV is a bad influence on sweet, vunrable kids!
Old 09-07-05, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had that same withdrawl. The first three seasons, I didn't have HBO so I watched on video three episodes at a time. When S4 came around, I subscribed and it took me a while to accustom myself to one episode a week. Almost two years between S5 and S6 hasn't helped.
Old 09-07-05, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since I haven't had any new episodes to watch in what seems like a decade, I have to say my withdrawl from the show is pretty much gone. I've went from being a HUGE fan of the show to basically not really caring if it even comes back at all.
Old 09-07-05, 08:51 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Since I haven't had any new episodes to watch in what seems like a decade, I have to say my withdrawl from the show is pretty much gone. I've went from being a HUGE fan of the show to basically not really caring if it even comes back at all.
See, I don't buy that. A lot of these fans are saying that they don't care when it does come back, and they say they won't watch it at all. I guarantee that all you people who say you were HUGE fans of the show, as soon as March 2006 rolls around, you'll be watching faithfully again.

I know the wait is hard, but there are other shows to fill the void while we're all patiently waiting. Plus, we got promos to look forward to in December and January, which are always visually appealing.
Old 09-07-05, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm almost in the same boat. Having also been a huge fan from day one, even watching episodes being filmed in my area before we even knew what the show was, it's been away so long that I never even think about it.
I'll most likely watch when the new season starts up, but for right now I don't care at all.

Edit to add: Plus I'm still dealing with the after affects of that horrid dream sequence episode which is sticking in my brain like the memories of an awful car wreck. I think I'm suffering from PTSD from that one.

Last edited by Phil L.; 09-07-05 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-07-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't say I WASN'T going to watch the next season, but my interest in the show has dropped from like a 9 (on a scale of 10) to easily a 3 or 4.
Old 09-07-05, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Since there is such a long wait for each season, it has actually tempered my anticipation. When the first few seasons ended in March and then started up the following January, it was perfect. Just enough to build anticipation, and not too much to dilute it. Then it was a year and a half between seasons, and now two years.

Yes, I will watch it when it starts back in March, mostly because most TV shows are awful these days, and it is still the one of the best shows out there. But I have definitely seen a quality drop after season 3. Hopefully these last 20 episodes will be the last year, so it will go out with dignity.

P.S. - If David Chase knew he was going to have 6 seasons, rather than his original plan of 4, I don't think he would have killed Big ***** in Season 2. He may have dragged that out a season or more. To lose him, and unfortunately Tony's Mom really hurt the show.
Old 09-07-05, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's the difference between those who watches on HBO and those who watch on DVD. As a fellow HBO viewer, I completely agree with your comments. I'll watch the next season when it airs, but I honestly can't say I'm excited about it. If they had a regular, yearly schedule like any normal show, I think it would be easier to keep people excited.