Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Question about Fever Pitch

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 09-06-05, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are two versions coming out of this film.The regular version and the 'Curse Reversed" edition.Amazon shows the CR edition has extended Red Sox ending and "Break the Curse" featurette that the regular edition doesn't have.Does anyone know if the CR edition also has the theatrical ending included?
Old 09-11-05, 02:30 PM

Bump since this is released Tuesday.
Old 09-11-05, 04:26 PM

I've been wondering the same thing. Fox Video's website says that the extended ending is "seamlessly branched", so my guess would be yes, but it is impossible to tell.
Old 09-11-05, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So does that mean that the "Red Socks" edition has everything on it that the regular edition has plus more? Or does each version have different stuff on it? This is pretty confusing.
Old 09-11-05, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Eric D.
So does that mean that the "Red Socks" edition has everything on it that the regular edition has plus more? Or does each version have different stuff on it? This is pretty confusing.
They're all the same except for the extended ending on the Curse Reversed Edition.
Old 09-13-05, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i've been curious about this as well. hopefully it's a menu choice where you can pick to view the theatrical version or the film with the extended ending through branching.
Old 09-13-05, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm waiting for a "The Curse Lives!" edition where the Red Sox don't escape the ALCS.

Actually, speaking as a Yankee fan (since 1977 when I was 7 years old), the movie was pretty cool. It was nice to see someone more obsessive about his team than me. My girlfriend and I watched it and she kept giving me looks because I do a lot of what he does in the movie. I hate to say it, but I may actually buy the DVD--probably the regular edition though. I'll look forward to seeing how extreme the differences are in the special edition.
Old 09-13-05, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by DVDude!
I'm waiting for a "The Curse Lives!" edition where the Red Sox don't escape the ALCS.

Actually, speaking as a Yankee fan (since 1977 when I was 7 years old), the movie was pretty cool. It was nice to see someone more obsessive about his team than me. My girlfriend and I watched it and she kept giving me looks because I do a lot of what he does in the movie. I hate to say it, but I may actually buy the DVD--probably the regular edition though. I'll look forward to seeing how extreme the differences are in the special edition.
As a die-hard lifelong Red Sox fan I have to ask why your swearing at me...
It was so our time.
Old 09-14-05, 10:38 AM

So for those that got the extended version, is it just footage from the ALCS and World Series or something? I rented this last night, but Blockbuster only had the theatrical version. Is there more acting in the extended version or just baseball highlights? Thanks!
Old 09-14-05, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Extended ending or not, I'd take Curse Reversed Edition due to the MUCH better cover...

Just my opinion...
Old 09-14-05, 07:56 PM

It is indeed seamless. Not a whole lot to write home about, either, but both versions are on the "Red Sox" DVD.
Old 09-14-05, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can someone describe the extended ending? Is it interesting/boring? How long is it?
Old 09-15-05, 01:04 AM

I went to buy Fever Pitch today and came back empty handed and want to get more info before buying:

Is the theatrical cut on the Curse Reversed Edition?

Are any extras on the regular version missing from Curse Reversed?

Is the "Love Triangle" featurette on the Curse Reversed Edition? It is not listed.

Finally, does the Target Bonus disk have any Fever Pitch extras?
Old 09-15-05, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Avid

Is the "Love Triangle" featurette on the Curse Reversed Edition? It is not listed.
yes
Old 09-16-05, 05:34 PM
Cool New Member

I went to two different Walmarts here in Columbia, MO and could only find the regular edition.

I'm looking for the Red Sox edition (it's listed for the same price as the regular edition on Walmart.com).

Anyone seen it at other B&Ms for the same price?

I want to take advantage of this before the week is up and it goes up to 20 bucks.
Old 09-16-05, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdbigfan
I went to two different Walmarts here in Columbia, MO and could only find the regular edition.

I'm looking for the Red Sox edition (it's listed for the same price as the regular edition on Walmart.com).

I want to take advantage of this before the week is up and it goes up to 20 bucks.
Gee I wonder why. Do you think maybe they assume that the unfortunate ending with the Cardinals getting their asses handed to them in the series won't sell well around here?
Old 09-16-05, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Avid
I went to buy Fever Pitch today and came back empty handed and want to get more info before buying:

Is the theatrical cut on the Curse Reversed Edition?
Yes, it is. You go into special features to play the extended edition. Its not really that great. Just extra clips of the ALCS and WS.
Old 09-18-05, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdbigfan

Try BEST BUY. At the BB in Fenton, the WORLD CHAMPION BOSTON RED SOX edition was the only version they had.