Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Cabin Fever - Fullscreen or widescreen DVD?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-05, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While at Wal-Mart the other day (hoping someone had put out an early copy of The Miracle Of Morgan's Creek), I came across Cabin Fever for $5.50.

Now, I haven't seen this movie since it was released in theaters, and have been wanting to. The cost of a rental is nearly the same price as the DVD, so I thought I would just buy it. However, the tag listed said "Cabin Fever FS."

After coming home, I've checked a few places online, and they've all seemed to indicate that the DVD is widescreen. My question: is there a fullscreen version of the DVD, or was this just a tagging mistake?

Thank you.
Old 09-05-05, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.zdag.com/movieDisplay.jsp...me=Cabin_Fever

I would guess it is full screen if says so on the packaging. You have to be carefull in the WM 5.50 bin. I have bought two Columbia titles the packaging listed them as WS but they were both FS only.
Old 09-05-05, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ah, thank you for the link.

As for the packaging, I cannot find anywhere where it says either "widescreen" or "full screen." It's simply the pricing tag on the display rack that lists it as "FS." I only ask because I bought "Say Anything" there a few weeks ago, and the display tag also says "FS," even though the packaging denotes it as widescreen.
Old 09-05-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not aware of a P&S version being released besides on VHS and of course cable tv. The dvd has always been 16.9 enhanced widescreen despite no mention of it on the package.

Now there is the small chance they did redo the dvd for WM with a P&S only release. But LG hasn't done anything like that yet that I am aware of. They would release both format versions at the same time..or only one version.

The only dvd of theirs I am aware being P&S only despite no mention on the packaging is Dead End.

Some websites did list Cabin Fever as P&S though since there was no aspect ratio info on the packaging. So you never know until you buy it in this case. Those yes I have'nt noticed the FS being on the security sticker at all on the current versions.
Old 09-05-05, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...r&x=0&y=0&rg=1

DVDAF has an extremely thorough database, and returns no mention of a P&S Cabin Fever. Go ahead and buy it. I may head out to my local WalMart soon, too, since I want to get a copy signed by Eli Roth. Doubt I'll find one cheaper than $5.50, heh.

-JP
Old 09-05-05, 04:52 PM

did the version you find still come with the lenitcular slip cover?
Old 09-05-05, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2453182

WM does have both a WS and FF (FS) listed. Must be a WM only thing, I guess. Maybe it first produced for rental market and now WM has it to.
Old 09-05-05, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The release date for the dvd doesn't make sense though.

01/20/2004 for the P&S

08/17/2004 for the original release.

Another solution would be to ask Lions Gate themselves on their forum.

http://forums.lgf.com/

If you want,I could that myself since I am a member of it.
Old 09-05-05, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ernestrp
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2453182

WM does have both a WS and FF (FS) listed. Must be a WM only thing, I guess. Maybe it first produced for rental market and now WM has it to.
It probably is. I usually don't go to Walmart, but was there a week ago so I checked out their DVDs. Every DVD in that store was PS. Seriously, every one of them. I couldn't find a widescreen DVD to save my life. And I'm talking about movies that, as far as I know, didn't have a regular PS release. It's got to be some kind of Walmart only thing.
Old 09-05-05, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by renaldow
It probably is. I usually don't go to Walmart, but was there a week ago so I checked out their DVDs. Every DVD in that store was PS. Seriously, every one of them. I couldn't find a widescreen DVD to save my life. And I'm talking about movies that, as far as I know, didn't have a regular PS release. It's got to be some kind of Walmart only thing.
Which is stupid considering they now sell widescreen tvs.
Old 09-05-05, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Which is stupid considering they now sell widescreen tvs.
Yes that is funny!! However, I would bet the vast majority of WM customers have 4:3 tvs. Not to say that is bad (because I am still using a 4:3) but more of a good likelihood.
Old 09-05-05, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Damn that sucks, i would have been all over this if it was a WS version in the $5.50 bin.
Old 09-06-05, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This goes on sale at Tower Records every now and then for $7.50 but in WS! I think regular price there is either $14.99 or $9.99 for those of you looking.