Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gamefly experiences

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-05, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gamefly experiences

I just signed up and was wondering what some people had to say about their experiences with them.
Old 09-04-05, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts
I have had them since the beginning of May and have had excellent service & quick delivery both to & from. I am very pleased and have been surprised at the condition of the discs that have been sent. I expected them to be scratched up all to hell (like most of my Netflix discs) but all have pretty in very good condition.

I have no complaints although I have seen many complaints about them on this very forum. Do a search and you will see a lot of past opinions.
Old 09-05-05, 12:23 AM

The service was far too slow for me.
Old 09-05-05, 12:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They suck!!! I do not recommend them at all. In one month, I received a total of 1 game on the three out plan. They claim to have sent me 3 others, but I never received them. Then, it takes forever for them to let you claim them as missing and another few days for them to respond back. It was a total nightmare! They never responded when I asked for a refund either, what a joke. I hate Gamefly like no other.
Old 09-06-05, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I've bought a couple games from there. I highly recommend that route. Each one was MINT right out of the shrink wrap condition. Not to mention the prices are very reasonable.
Old 09-06-05, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The rental service was VERY slow for me. I bought a few games too and tha twent well. Just TOO slow to keep it....cancelled my free month. (Things may have changed recently...I did this probably 6 months ago)
Old 09-06-05, 04:21 PM

Got my first game today. It shipped the 3rd and I live in Ohio, so that's not bad at all. The only thing is 2 games shipped and only one came today. Hopefully I'll get the other tomorrow.
Old 10-12-05, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone know if you can get free shipping on used games while you are in the 10-day trial period?
Old 10-12-05, 01:21 PM

I just got cancelled after having my third game lost in the mail after 4 months. It's a great idea for a rental service, but poorly executed. They never respond to e-mails, they sit on games they receive for a long time before sending out the next, they jump past the next game in the queue even though it says available. Oh, and they lose games in the mail. They have inventory, but not much else.
Old 10-12-05, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts
I still have yet to have a problem with them & I have used them since April or May of this year. I love the service as it has saved me mucho money in game buying & rentals.
Old 10-12-05, 02:40 PM

Speaking of Gamefly, I ran across this article about a week ago, and I was IMPRESSED with the concept, infact it kinda makes me want to give them another try. I quit gamefly a while back because it took SO LONG to get my games to them and for them to send me new ones. (I live in NY)

Anyhoo, enjoy the article:

http://psp.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=1950
Old 10-12-05, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fast return works if the "their" local Post Office scans the bar code, not yours. Bottom line, if it takes a week to get to their post office and it's not scanned, you're SOL on the time. By the time their Post Office gets it, they usually get it by the end of the same day.

Only a few of the games I returned were ever scanned. Now if it worked with my Post Office scanning it then it would be better. Again, assuming the Post Office even scans it.

I had a membership with them and cancelled. Their customer service sucks.
Old 10-12-05, 05:36 PM

Well, after a month or so, I have to say I should have done this much sooner. I've had great luck so far.
Old 10-13-05, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had them for about a year and then stopped for world of warcraft. after i got sick of wow, i resubscribed. i have no complaints. they ship fast and if you queue up an unreleased game to the #1 spot, they'll ship it on release day.
Old 12-07-05, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Guys, this fastreturn is awesome!

For those who haven't used it:

What is FastReturn?

In partnership with the U.S. Postal Service, GameFly has launched our FastReturn service to improve turnaround time. This means improved shipping times for GameFly subscribers!

FastReturn will start the processing of your next game as soon as we receive confirmation from the U.S. Postal Service that a game has been returned in the mail. You may no longer need to wait until we receive the returned game in our warehouse before we send the next available game in Your GameQ!

NOTE: The USPS does not have scanning equipment in all locations. Therefore, not all GameFly subscribers will be able to participate in this service.

How does FastReturn work?

When you return a game in the mail, the U.S. Postal Service will scan the return and send a confirmation to us. We will then send the next available game in Your GameQ BEFORE we have received the game in our warehouse.

Your GameQ may temporarily show that you have more games out than your plan allows. This is because we are processing your next game via FastReturn. Rest assured, Your GameQ will be updated as soon as we receive the returned game in our warehouse.

I just placed a game in the mail yesterday afternoon here in Indianapolis. Today, they have already sent out the next game. Totally awesome!

Gamefly would be pretty expensive to keep it all year round, but I am LOVING it!
Old 12-07-05, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, glad they fixed the service....I might consider it since BB now costs $8/game, but I use my 2 free rentals (via blockbuster.com) a month now on 360 games. 2 games a month is probably good for me, would be nice to have a few more, but oh well.
Old 12-28-05, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DamingR
Guys, this fastreturn is awesome!

For those who haven't used it:

What is FastReturn?

In partnership with the U.S. Postal Service, GameFly has launched our FastReturn service to improve turnaround time. This means improved shipping times for GameFly subscribers!

FastReturn will start the processing of your next game as soon as we receive confirmation from the U.S. Postal Service that a game has been returned in the mail. You may no longer need to wait until we receive the returned game in our warehouse before we send the next available game in Your GameQ!

NOTE: The USPS does not have scanning equipment in all locations. Therefore, not all GameFly subscribers will be able to participate in this service.

How does FastReturn work?

When you return a game in the mail, the U.S. Postal Service will scan the return and send a confirmation to us. We will then send the next available game in Your GameQ BEFORE we have received the game in our warehouse.

Your GameQ may temporarily show that you have more games out than your plan allows. This is because we are processing your next game via FastReturn. Rest assured, Your GameQ will be updated as soon as we receive the returned game in our warehouse.

I just placed a game in the mail yesterday afternoon here in Indianapolis. Today, they have already sent out the next game. Totally awesome!

Gamefly would be pretty expensive to keep it all year round, but I am LOVING it!
I just signed up and had two games shipped on Monday, and I'm in Muncie, IN. How long does it take you on average to get your games?
Old 12-28-05, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm in my first month now and I plan to cancel.

The shipping is just far too slow. Around 1 week turn around from shipping them the game to me recieving my next.
Old 12-28-05, 01:45 AM

I have signed up with them on 3 different occasions, each time, at least twice during that month, they had never received one of the games I shipped back. This last month ended in early Dec., and I will not be returning. Locally in the Bay Area, Red Octane has been very stable and nothing has been lost for me.
Old 12-28-05, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

its been great for me.... no problems and i live in Jersey city....
Old 12-28-05, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Was thinking of signing up, but was worried about the slow service.

I have a month trial not sure if I even want to bother with it now.
Old 02-07-06, 11:39 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Where can I find a month trial code or link?
Old 02-07-06, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by StevePerryFan
Where can I find a month trial code or link?
A month? No where.

You can buy a thing at Best Buy that gets you 2 months for the price of one.
Old 02-07-06, 11:50 AM

I live in IL and usually get them in 3-4 days. I've got the 2 game pass and haven't had too many problems, but sometimes it does seem slow.
Old 02-07-06, 03:36 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

musta been a fluke and should have jumped on it but in a game mag i saw a code for a free 30 day trial to gamefly about 6 months ago, just at that time i was in the middle of a move, now that I am ready to try it no code that i can find anywhere ughhh

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.