Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Hurricane Katrina and Dawn of The Dead....

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-05, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

All of the images and video of the mass chaos in Louisana look like scenes from Dawn Of The Dead. The chaos, people with guns, bodies everywhere.....terrible. I am not making light of this at all, I just find it interesting how such a chaotic state of existance only seen in movies is now turning real. Ironically enough, the news caster just announced that Lousiana is "Hell On Earth."

Scary, and sad,

Matt

Last edited by KillerQ; 09-02-05 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-02-05, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

that's what I told my brother after seeing all the chaos.
Old 09-02-05, 07:29 PM

yeah.. i thought about that also
Old 09-02-05, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Yeah, someone should shoot a new zombie film in New Orleans and include some footage of the hoards of people from this disaster. "Katrina of the Dead" - All proceeds would go to disaster relief efforts of course.

Last edited by Chad; 09-02-05 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-02-05, 08:28 PM

yeah dawn of the dead was exactly what it reminded of when i saw lots of people standing in a mass group on some bridge and the way doctors have to be holed up inside their building because it's not safe outside.

and also it reminded a little bit of escape from new york because it's a mad house over there.

i wonder if anyone made their way to a shopping mall and put guards at all the entrances?
Old 09-02-05, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I agree, the footage from New Orleans has a post-apocalyptic feel to it.
Old 09-02-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
i thought of that too, especially when i heard that one of the rescue buses tipped over on its way out (filled with people).
Old 09-02-05, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
This had occured to me as well, just today. These people are trapped having no idea whether or not help is coming. And then I saw footage of people on rooftops with SOS and other message spelled out.
Old 09-02-05, 10:36 PM
Banned

Some people may not realize, and to take heed, but literally the world is coming to an end. All the signs scriptured in the book of Revelations (the last book in the holy bible), are currently happening in the world today. The second coming of Jesus Christ, is just a matter of time, And there is not a movie on this earth that's going to compare with the events of Christ second coming.
Old 09-02-05, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by SINGLE104
Some people may not realize, and to take heed, but literally the world is coming to an end. All the signs scriptured in the book of Revelations (the last book in the holy bible), are currently happening in the world today. The second coming of Jesus Christ, is just a matter of time, And there is not a movie on this earth that's going to compare with the events of Christ second coming.
Not even Lord of the Rings?

As for a Second Coming, it's already been done.

AND it featured the Ninth Doctor himself, Christopher Eccleston. Good film, check it out.

Last edited by The Valeyard; 09-02-05 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-02-05, 11:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Not even Lord of the Rings?

As for a Second Coming, it's already been done.

AND it featured the Ninth Doctor himself, Christopher Eccleston. Good film, check it out.
That's hollywood! As with most movies based on true event, certain dramatization added in true story films are fictitious to make the story more appealing to the audience.
Old 09-02-05, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Do you really believe this? Like seriously?

And do you really think the second coming will be better then The Empire Strikes Back? I mean, maybe if Jesus returns with some wookies...
Old 09-02-05, 11:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jaeufraser
Do you really believe this? Like seriously?

And do you really think the second coming will be better then The Empire Strikes Back? I mean, maybe if Jesus returns with some wookies...
Yes, I do believe, because I am a believer. My intentions were not to turn this thread into religious discussion, but the word of God is to be taken very seriously, and there is nothing comedic about his person, either his word.
Old 09-03-05, 12:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When they first started showing the scruffy dirty people coming out of the water, it reminded me of the end of land of the dead when the zombies learn how to swim. Unfortunately i was the only person I know who saw that movie so no one else knew what the fuck I was talking about...
Old 09-03-05, 12:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, I do believe, because I am a believer. My intentions were not to turn this thread into religious discussion, but the word of God is to be taken very seriously, and there is nothing comedic about his person, either his word.
I promise Im not mocking you with this question, but does believing this effect whether or not you look forward to movies, I look forward to the point when all the Harry Potter Movies are out, but if I believed the end of the world was coming, I wouldn't be able to look forward to that, as well, I dread the point when I will have to start switching to another format and ditch my dvds, but i guess you dont have to worry about that?
Honestly reading this over it sounds liek Im being a smart ass, but Im not really...
Old 09-03-05, 12:43 AM

I share all of your same feelings. When I saw the images on tuesday & wednesday, I couldn't help but think of Dawn Of The Dead.
Old 09-03-05, 01:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My intentions were not to turn this thread into religious discussion
...really?

-JP
Old 09-03-05, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Okay. How about if Mel Brooks translated His word? Would it be comedic then?

I do have to admit that Jesus teaming with some Wookies would kick some serious ass.
Old 09-03-05, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
... this... is by far the strangest dvdtalk thread ever.

I was about to make a comment about how it would make a good video game, but I thought it was in poor taste. Compared to the comments about how this is a sign of the end of times (bullshit, people have been saying that for ages) and how this reminds them of a movie... my comment would fit right in perfectly.

Seriously.... how is this the signs of the end? That's as crazy as the religious groups saying this is punishment for homosexuals using New Orleans for their sex acts and shit.

Yeah, what a kind and loving god. No wonder I'm an Atheist.
Old 09-03-05, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts
This is by far............the weirdest f****** thread I've ever seen.............................and it's in movie talk!!!!!!

"I don't know anything about fancy cars or fancy restrants" - Joe from Team America World Police
Old 09-03-05, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts
Hey dude (jackskeleton), you and I posted the same start to our replies so I ain't editing shit - we posted the same 'start' almost at the same time.

EDIT: I just edited this post.........ok, I obviously don't belong in this damn thread and now I'm even more freaked out.

Last edited by Rival11; 09-03-05 at 02:25 AM.
Old 09-03-05, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I'm scared. Must be the signs of the second coming of zombie jesus... cause this is a dawn of the dead thread.. get it?
Old 09-03-05, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know. I'd rather be trapped in a mall with zombies surrounding it than dealing with Christ's return.

However, if he does bring some wookies with him, I'm all for that.
Old 09-03-05, 05:17 AM

if everyone starts running it'll be 28 days later.
Old 09-03-05, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Come over the Other Forum. I've been making the "Living Dead" movie comparison for a few days now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.